+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="byron"]

</p>

Daven wants all the health care for himself.....my wife works for the federal gov...VA....we pay for part of our health insurance.....Federal Blue cross blue shieldits like an 80 % plan with copays and such....last year it <font color="#ffffff">notcost</font> us $5179.00 or about431.00 bucks a month...I don't consider this cheap and there is no way we will be able to keep this when she retires.... I have been paying for SS all working life and you can bet your *** I'll be drawing it down one day soon..or they can give me my money back </p>[/quote]

I have no problem with you getting benefits Byron, you've payed into the system you deserve it, I have a problem with people who've never had a job or never had a job for a significant amount of time mooching off people like you and I because they are comfortable living on unemployment, shopping with food stamps and soon enough having "free" health care that you and I pay for.

when it comes to Social Security...again I think you should get yours, what I want with SS is to be able to opt out, I've been paying in for 14 years already (I know a drop in the bucket compared to you but it's not nothing) I'm willing to decline ALL my Social Security in order to just stop paying for it now, the problem is I'm going to be paying for it for another 40+ years from here on out and I'm 95% sure I'm never gonna see a dime of it...the system has been broken for years and no one wants to fix it....so let me opt out, If I'm wrong and it's there and I don't get it....that's my problem, if it's not there and I was right I saved 40 years of payments towards something that will not exist.

Is Rolle worth 9 million next year?

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="byron"]

</P>

Daven wants all the health care for himself.....my wife works for the federal gov...VA....we pay for part of our health insurance.....Federal Blue cross blue shieldits like an 80 % plan with copays and such....last year it <FONT color=#ffffff>notcost</FONT> us $5179.00 or about431.00 bucks a month...I don't consider this cheap and there is no way we will be able to keep this when she retires.... I have been paying for SS all working life and you can bet your *** I'll be drawing it down one day soon..or they can give me my money back </P>

[/quote]

I have no problem with you getting benefits Byron, you've payed into the system you deserve it, I have a problem with people who've never had a job or never had a job for a significant amount of time mooching off people like you and me because they are comfortable living on unemployment, shopping with food stamps and soon enough having "free" health care that you and me pay for.

when it comes to Social Security...again I think you should get yours, what I want with SS is to be able to opt out, I've been paying in for 14 years already (I know a drop in the bucket compared to you but it's not nothing) I'm willing to decline ALL my Social Security in order to just stop paying for it now, the problem is I'm going to be paying for it for another 40+ years from here on out and I'm 95% sure I'm never gonna see a dime of it...the system has been broken for years and no one wants to fix it....so let me opt out.
    [/quote]</P>

Sorry Byron..you money was stolen by the Congess, starting in 1982 when the SS went into the black. A total of $2.6 trillion (thats trillion) has been reappropriated into the general fund, showing the illusion of a lower deficit or even a surplus for the 4 years starting in 1998.</P>

That money you paid in (along with mine) went to the general fund for things like national defense, education, Medicade and all the other government programs that were funded.</P>

We now have to rely on people like Matt to pay our SS. In other words, we better have a lot of savings. </P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="dezzzR"]Is Rolle worth 9 million next year?

[/quote]</P>

No. </P>

But that's not a shot at the player Rolle is. </P>

What he did this last season for us was great. He played out of position pretty much all season. </P>

I think they should restructure his contract, there is only one safety in this league I would pay 9 million a season. And he plays for the Ravens. </P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

All-Pro

[quote user="Kase-1"]You obviously have health insurance and pay a reasonable amount

Next time you have a minute and see how much private out of pocket health insurance is for 1 person, its DISGUSTING[/quote]

Yes I have my own I pay like 70$ a paycheck for single coverage....yes it's pretty reasonable and it's through my work, I also know people who have their own private insurance...they pay about double what I pay...yes that sucks, but you missed my point, you don't HAVE to have Health Insurance an Emergency room can not turn you away if you are in need of care regardless of your insurance situation....yes you will end up having huge bills but it's not as though they will leave you to die.

[quote user="Kase-1"]And I totally disagree, it may be worse for YOU, but as a whole, the
    country would be much better off if we had nationwide healthcare. I
    think you guys can afford an extra $3 on prescriptions when you compare
    that situation to those who cant afford the most basic health insurance.[/quote]

I wouldn't mind the 3$ extra per prescription....that's a non-issue, the problem is the wait time, right now there is a certain amount of doctors for certain amount of patients...if you nationalize the healthcare and cover everyone you are talking about millions of more patients with the same (or likely less because their pay will go down if it's government run) Doctors.....

I'm worried about a decrease in the quality of care that the 90% of Americans that current HAVE health care will see....not a miniscule increase in price....I think in general for "America" nationalized healthcare is BAD....for a small percentage it is good I guess....but it's not worth it.

[quote user="Kase-1"]If we're gonna claim to be the best country in the world, we gotta help our own people 1st[/quote]

We ARE the best...that's why people come here for it...leaders from other countries...they come here because they know we are the best, do some fall through the cracks because of the system...yes...but this system provides the BEST for the most amount of Americans, no system is perfect, the system you want will provide mediocre care for all Americans and I'm not ok with that.

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    I have a problem with people who've never had a job or never had a job for a significant amount of time mooching off people like you and me because they are comfortable living on unemployment, shopping with food stamps and soon enough having "free" health care that you and me pay for.

[/quote]Who are those people???

Unemployment is based upon what you earned at your last job (and there is a cap), its not like they just randomly throw money at these people and 2ndly unemployment isnt something you can live on, ESPECIALLY in the Tri-State Area

And BTW they tax unemployment
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="byron"]

Daven wants all the health care for himself.....my wife works for the federal gov...VA....we pay for part of our health insurance.....Federal Blue cross blue shieldits like an 80 % plan with copays and such....last year it <FONT color=#ffffff>notcost</FONT> us $5179.00 or about431.00 bucks a month...I don't consider this cheap and there is no way we will be able to keep this when she retires.... I have been paying for SS all working life and you can bet your *** I'll be drawing it down one day soon..or they can give me my money back </P>

[/quote]</P>

oh jeez...you just brought a whooooooole 2nd issue into it!! lol
    SS benefits. It's such a depressing moment every year when I get my SS statement that shows me my lifetime contribution, and how much my monthly benefit would be should i retire, or should i become permanently disabled, It's a nice chunk of change considering how long i've been working, and I'm only 28.....
    ....and then I have to think about how I'll never see that money ever again because it will be depleted=(</P>[/quote] Its a system they should fix some how... I'd say they are in to deep to get rid of it....I'm looking at maybe 700.00 bucks if I make it to 67...which I doubt will happen I'll have draw out early And I will without any regrets at all These *******s should have been fixes on this**** a long time ago....Its just one of the manyproblems in a long list of things thats wrong with the system "they created" but lack the will to fix ...How many billions have we spent to bail the banks out this time so far?!!?...How many billions did we spent in Iraq!?! How many jobs went south with Nafta? and the list goes on and on....they made this mess...Its time like Kase says to take care of our own and do it without *****ing....this is America we are supost to take of our own...

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Kase-1"]You obviously have health insurance and pay a reasonable amount

Next time you have a minute and see how much private out of pocket health insurance is for 1 person, its DISGUSTING[/quote]

Yes I have my own I pay like 70$ a paycheck for single coverage....yes it's pretty reasonable and it's through my work, I also know people who have their own private insurance...they pay about double what I pay...yes that sucks, but you missed my point, you don't HAVE to have Health Insurance an Emergency room can not turn you away if you are in need of care regardless of your insurance situation....yes you will end up having huge bills but it's not as though they will leave you to die.

[quote user="Kase-1"]And I totally disagree, it may be worse for YOU, but as a whole, the
    country would be much better off if we had nationwide healthcare. I
    think you guys can afford an extra $3 on prescriptions when you compare
    that situation to those who cant afford the most basic health insurance.[/quote]

I wouldn't mind the 3$ extra per prescription....that's a non-issue, the problem is the wait time, right now there is a certain amount of doctors for certain amount of patients...if you nationalize the healthcare and cover everyone you are talking about millions of more patients with the same (or likely less because their pay will go down if it's government run) Doctors.....

I'm worried about a decrease in the quality of care that the 90% of Americans that current HAVE health care will see....not a miniscule increase in price....I think in general for "America" nationalized healthcare is BAD....for a small percentage it is good I guess....but it's not worth it.

[quote user="Kase-1"]If we're gonna claim to be the best country in the world, we gotta help our own people 1st[/quote]

We ARE the best...that's why people come here for it...leaders from other countries...they come here because they know we are the best, do some fall through the cracks because of the system...yes...but this system provides the BEST for the most amount of Americans, no system is perfect, the system you want will provide mediocre care for all Americans and I'm not ok with that.
    [/quote]You dont think there would be more private practices and WAY more people going into the healthcare field if they gave free healthcare??

90% Id say thats BS

And we are the best so why doesnt our country have healthcare for all of its residents??

Why would healthcare all of a sudden go from Great to mediocre, because the '10%' that you talk about would flood the system?? If anything it would create a ton of jobs
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

All-Pro

[quote user="Kase-1"]Who are those people???[/quote]

6 of the 10 people I know personally who are on it? It's growing...one case for example, a guy I Bowl with, he works as a bartender at a golf club seasonally every year it's agreed upon he will get fired and then he collects unemployment for the off-season...he told me this, he talked about how funny it was, he makes like 400$ a week...yeah it's not a lot, but for him it's enough to bowl and gamble all year until he works again....this is not a one off story...it's becoming more and more common...and whats even MORE common is people who had good jobs got laid off are collecting substantially more then 400$ a week on unemployment, they are offered jobs for less then what their unemployment is and they refuse them....just happened to a friend I was trying to get a job for where I work...one of our IT guys left for china i got my friends resume brought it in, they loved it, he said they weren't willing to pay him enough and didn't take the job....he's been unemployed for 6+ Months.

[quote user="Kase-1"]Unemployment is based upon what you earned at your last job (and there is a cap)[/quote]

I know this

[quote user="Kase-1"]its not like they just randomly throw money at these people and 2ndly unemployment isnt something you can live on, ESPECIALLY in the Tri-State Area[/quote]

they kinda are, and it is enough to live on in the tri-state area...I was living on less then what I see some of these unemployment checks are for when first moved out of my parents place when I was 20...and I had a decent job.

[quote user="Kase-1"]And BTW they tax unemployment [/quote]

Which means nothing because the unemployment money you are receiving came from taxes in the first place.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="byron"]

</P>

[/quote]

I have no problem with you getting benefits Byron, you've payed into the system you deserve it, I have a problem with people who've never had a job or never had a job for a significant amount of time mooching off people like you and me because they are comfortable living on unemployment, shopping with food stamps and soon enough having "free" health care that you and me pay for.

when it comes to Social Security...again I think you should get yours, what I want with SS is to be able to opt out, I've been paying in for 14 years already (I know a drop in the bucket compared to you but it's not nothing) I'm willing to decline ALL my Social Security in order to just stop paying for it now, the problem is I'm going to be paying for it for another 40+ years from here on out and I'm 95% sure I'm never gonna see a dime of it...the system has been broken for years and no one wants to fix it....so let me opt out.
    [/quote]</P>

Sorry Byron..you money was stolen by the Congess, starting in 1982 when the SS went into the black. A total of $2.6 trillion (thats trillion) has been reappropriated into the general fund, showing the illusion of a lower deficit or even a surplus for the 4 years starting in 1998.</P>

That money you paid in (along with mine) went to the general fund for things like national defense, education, Medicade and all the other government programs that were funded.</P>

We now have to rely on people like Matt to pay our SS. In other words, we better have a lot of savings. </P>[/quote]I'm sure yourright, but it don't make it right...its justanother case of this gov not doing the right thing and now not trying to fix it ...Some of ussadly don't have big savings so we'll be at the mercy of things to come .....I'll do what I got to do if it means dieing on my feet....

+ Reply to Thread