+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]<font color="#ff0000">maybe mh feels bad for us. ever think of that</font>

he has a daughter or two that could be effected by this
    [/quote]</p>

MH doesn't feel bad for you, you little ****! =]</p>[/quote]no, im the "biggest mutt of all" lol

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]<FONT color=#ff0000>maybe mh feels bad for us. ever think of that</FONT>

[/quote]</P>

MH doesn't feel bad for you, you little ****! =]</P>

[/quote]</P>

My daughter is worth more than me. She's not stupid enough to rely on the government. They have taken control of their lives. She saves and pays into her 401K. Its called being "self reliant".</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="byron"]

</p>

Daven wants all the health care for himself.....my wife works for the federal gov...VA....we pay for part of our health insurance.....Federal Blue cross blue shieldits like an 80 % plan with copays and such....last year it <font color="#ffffff">notcost</font> us $5179.00 or about431.00 bucks a month...I don't consider this cheap and there is no way we will be able to keep this when she retires.... I have been paying for SS all working life and you can bet your *** I'll be drawing it down one day soon..or they can give me my money back </p>

[/quote]

I have no problem with you getting benefits Byron, you've payed into the system you deserve it, I have a problem with people who've never had a job or never had a job for a significant amount of time mooching off people like you and me because they are comfortable living on unemployment, shopping with food stamps and soon enough having "free" health care that you and me pay for.

when it comes to Social Security...again I think you should get yours, what I want with SS is to be able to opt out, I've been paying in for 14 years already (I know a drop in the bucket compared to you but it's not nothing) I'm willing to decline ALL my Social Security in order to just stop paying for it now, the problem is I'm going to be paying for it for another 40+ years from here on out and I'm 95% sure I'm never gonna see a dime of it...the system has been broken for years and no one wants to fix it....so let me opt out.
    [/quote]</p>

Sorry Byron..you money was stolen by the Congess, starting in 1982 when the SS went into the black. A total of $2.6 trillion (thats trillion) has been reappropriated into the general fund, showing the illusion of a lower deficit or even a surplus for the 4 years starting in 1998.</p>

That money you paid in (along with mine) went to the general fund for things like national defense, education, Medicade and all the other government programs that were funded.</p>

We now have to rely on people like Matt to pay our SS. In other words, we better have a lot of savings. </p>

[/quote]</p>

Yea, so not only do we(people my age, matt, daven, dezz, lando etc.)have to live in a broken system, not broken by us of course, or even my generation, but we're paying for it, and willreap zero benefit of it. <u>And you complain? that's rich. </u>
    You'll collect. It's my generation that's ****ed.
    And also that people do often end up collecting more than they ever put in...but that's unavoidable. You cant just stop paying people, so....</p>[/quote]<font color="#FF0000">maybe mh feels bad for us. ever think of that</font>

[/quote]

Morehead's daughters are smarter then that, they will have savings they will be fine, the annoying part is that MH knows, MH's daughter knows, I know, everyone knows that we will not get the money we put in now back but we have to play along with the charade that we will and keep on putting in....

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="byron"]

</P>

Daven wants all the health care for himself.....my wife works for the federal gov...VA....we pay for part of our health insurance.....Federal Blue cross blue shieldits like an 80 % plan with copays and such....last year it <FONT color=#ffffff>notcost</FONT> us $5179.00 or about431.00 bucks a month...I don't consider this cheap and there is no way we will be able to keep this when she retires.... I have been paying for SS all working life and you can bet your *** I'll be drawing it down one day soon..or they can give me my money back </P>

[/quote]

I have no problem with you getting benefits Byron, you've payed into the system you deserve it, I have a problem with people who've never had a job or never had a job for a significant amount of time mooching off people like you and me because they are comfortable living on unemployment, shopping with food stamps and soon enough having "free" health care that you and me pay for.

when it comes to Social Security...again I think you should get yours, what I want with SS is to be able to opt out, I've been paying in for 14 years already (I know a drop in the bucket compared to you but it's not nothing) I'm willing to decline ALL my Social Security in order to just stop paying for it now, the problem is I'm going to be paying for it for another 40+ years from here on out and I'm 95% sure I'm never gonna see a dime of it...the system has been broken for years and no one wants to fix it....so let me opt out.
    [/quote]</P>

Sorry Byron..you money was stolen by the Congess, starting in 1982 when the SS went into the black. A total of $2.6 trillion (thats trillion) has been reappropriated into the general fund, showing the illusion of a lower deficit or even a surplus for the 4 years starting in 1998.</P>

That money you paid in (along with mine) went to the general fund for things like national defense, education, Medicade and all the other government programs that were funded.</P>

We now have to rely on people like Matt to pay our SS. In other words, we better have a lot of savings. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Yea, so not only do we(people my age, matt, daven, dezz, lando etc.)have to live in a broken system, not broken by us of course, or even my generation, but we're paying for it, and willreap zero benefit of it. <U>And you complain? that's rich. </U>
    And also that people do often end up collecting more than they ever put in...but that's unavoidable. You cant just stop paying people, so....</P>

[/quote]<FONT color=#ff0000>maybe mh feels bad for us. ever think of that</FONT>

[/quote]

Morehead's daughters are smarter then that, they will have savings they will be fine, the annoying part is that MH knows, MH's daughter knows, I know, everyone knows that we will not get the money we put in now back but we have to play along with the charade that we will and keep on putting in....
    [/quote]</P>

Sing it Scrappy!</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="byron"]

</P>

Daven wants all the health care for himself.....my wife works for the federal gov...VA....we pay for part of our health insurance.....Federal Blue cross blue shieldits like an 80 % plan with copays and such....last year it <FONT color=#ffffff>notcost</FONT> us $5179.00 or about431.00 bucks a month...I don't consider this cheap and there is no way we will be able to keep this when she retires.... I have been paying for SS all working life and you can bet your *** I'll be drawing it down one day soon..or they can give me my money back </P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Sorry Byron..you money was stolen by the Congess, starting in 1982 when the SS went into the black. A total of $2.6 trillion (thats trillion) has been reappropriated into the general fund, showing the illusion of a lower deficit or even a surplus for the 4 years starting in 1998.</P>

That money you paid in (along with mine) went to the general fund for things like national defense, education, Medicade and all the other government programs that were funded.</P>

We now have to rely on people like Matt to pay our SS. In other words, we better have a lot of savings. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Yea, so not only do we(people my age, matt, daven, dezz, lando etc.)have to live in a broken system, not broken by us of course, or even my generation, but we're paying for it, and willreap zero benefit of it. And you complain? that's rich.
    And also that people do often end up collecting more than they ever put in...but that's unavoidable. You cant just stop paying people, so....</P>[/quote] Like Daven says maybe an opt out of sorts as long as you do prepare for the future...I mean you could opt out spend the money never pay a dime to retirement, retire and live off all the aid programs out there and people would do that....I think they need to fix it, its a program all readyin the system that employs thousands of people make the thing work it guarantees at leastthat those who do work all their live's havesomething at the end ...not all jobs pay enough to to invest in other things other plans ...many people are just surviving with low paying jobs...

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]I'm sure yourright, but it don't make it right...its justanother case of this gov not doing the right thing and now not trying to fix it ...Some of ussadly don't have big savings so we'll be at the mercy of things to come .....I'll do what I got to do if it means dieing on my feet....[/quote]</P>

yea, we talk about how we're self-reliant, or whatever....
    but....some jobs used to have pensions. Good luck finding a job with that type of benefit.
    Not only do I have to try harder to find a good job, in a ****ty economy, more sothan my parents ever had to, but since I wont get a pension of any sort, and Social Security won't be available to me...I have to do all my own retirement planning. And wouldn't you know...I don't really make enough money to sock away a reasonable amount of retirement money right now? What a cycle!!</P>

[/quote]</P>

Every American has access to either a 401K or an IRA. I say expand the IRA system and allow all savings to grow tax free. Pesions are unsustaiable in todays mobile economy. If you pay into and IRA or 401K, you can be a millionaire by the time comes to retire.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I would agree 100% to that....IF we didnt have to pay into Social Security.
    I'm already in a high tax bracket. How much of my actual income am I supposed to live on? I already lose 39% in taxes, SSand deductions (some of which I myself choose to like life insurance, my medical insurances, 401k etc.). If i keep increasing my contributions (which btw, are not guaranteed growth), I can't really afford to live anything other than a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle.
    Now, most regular bank/CU IRAs are guaranteed/insured. but 1) interest rates are absolute **** right now, and B) youre either taxed up front (roth) or at withdrawal(traditional).
    So how do middle and midlowclass effectively plan for retirement? And god forbid you have kids! lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="byron"]Like Daven says maybe an opt out of sorts as long as you do prepare for the future...I mean you could opt out spend the money never pay a dime to retirement, retire and live off all the aid programs out there and people would do that....I think they need to fix it, its a program all readyin the system that employs thousands of people make the thing work it guarantees at leastthat those who do work all their live's havesomething at the end ...not all jobs pay enough to to invest in other things other plans ...many people are just surviving with low paying jobs...[/quote]</P>

hell.****ing.yes

If someone told me I had to take all my SS money and put it into a retirement account. I say where do I sign up, and how do I become first in line!!

I've actually been hoping for this to happen for the past 10 years to be honest lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]I'm sure yourright, but it don't make it right...its justanother case of this gov not doing the right thing and now not trying to fix it ...Some of ussadly don't have big savings so we'll be at the mercy of things to come .....I'll do what I got to do if it means dieing on my feet....[/quote]</p>

but....some jobs used to have pensions. Good luck finding a job with that type of benefit.
    Not only do I have to try harder to find a good job, in a ****ty economy, more sothan my parents ever had to, but since I wont get a pension of any sort, and Social Security won't be available to me...I have to do all my own retirement planning. And wouldn't you know...I don't really make enough money to sock away a reasonable amount of retirement money right now? What a cycle!!</p>

[/quote]</p>

Every American has access to either a 401K or an IRA. I say expand the IRA system and allow all savings to grow tax free. Pesions are unsustaiable in todays mobile economy. If you pay into and IRA or 401K, you can be a millionaire by the time comes to retire.</p>

[/quote]</p>

I'm already in a high tax bracket. How much of my actual income am I supposed to live on? I already lose 39% in taxes, SSand deductions (some of which I myself choose to like life insurance, my medical insurances, 401k etc.). If i keep increasing my contributions (which btw, are not guaranteed growth), I can't really afford to live anything other than a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle.
    Now, most regular bank/CU IRAs are guaranteed/insured. but 1) interest rates are absolute **** right now, and B) youre either taxed up front (roth) or at withdrawal(traditional).
    So how do middle and midlowclass effectively plan for retirement? And god forbid you have kids! lol</p>[/quote]Rich or poor, giving the gov 40% of what you make is ludicrous!

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]I'm sure yourright, but it don't make it right...its justanother case of this gov not doing the right thing and now not trying to fix it ...Some of ussadly don't have big savings so we'll be at the mercy of things to come .....I'll do what I got to do if it means dieing on my feet....[/quote]</P>

Not only do I have to try harder to find a good job, in a ****ty economy, more sothan my parents ever had to, but since I wont get a pension of any sort, and Social Security won't be available to me...I have to do all my own retirement planning. And wouldn't you know...I don't really make enough money to sock away a reasonable amount of retirement money right now? What a cycle!!</P>

[/quote]</P>

Every American has access to either a 401K or an IRA. I say expand the IRA system and allow all savings to grow tax free. Pesions are unsustaiable in todays mobile economy. If you pay into and IRA or 401K, you can be a millionaire by the time comes to retire.</P>

[/quote]</P>

So how do middle and midlowclass effectively plan for retirement? And god forbid you have kids! lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

The Repulicans offered a bill several years ago that would give a tax payer the option of having a part of their SS tax put in a fund that would be invested in safe funds. These accounts would be the property of the taxpayer and could be willed. They can't be confiscated by the government for any reason.</P>

The Democratic response was that the GOP wanted to throw old people in the street. You have just proposed the exact same program. There is hope for you.</P>

by the way, MH....I agree about what you said about tax free growth on these types of accounts. We're already taxed on the income...and someone like me who doesn't have a home, or any ****-trophies....i dont get deductions or credits at tax time. my tax returns are a whopping $500-600!! yay!!
    -__-
    Funny how as soon as i finished school, and essentially paid off my school debt, and MAKE money, and pay MORE taxes, that i dont get anything back</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread