+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"]The only thing thats wrong in the bounty situation is, technically, its going against the cap.

[/quote]

what?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]This whole saints bounty thing is such politically correct bull****. Now espn is highlighting tackles and sacks the saints have made the last 2 years and the media is trying to sell it like its some horrible act
    [/quote]

it is horse ****

unless they were locking to tear somebodys knee up give REAL cheap shots to the head (im not talking about a hand grazing a face mask type thing) then they were in the wrong

But trying to hit somebody as hard as you can knock him out of the game is hwat football is all about...
    [/quote]</p>

No its not Matt. Your position is horse****.</p>

The goal on defense is to stop the offense and get turnovers. Not to try to injure your opponents.</p>

</p>

[/quote]

I'm with matt on this one, trying to hit someone (legally) hard enough to knock them out of the game is acceptable in my opinion and if coaches want to give rewards for that as motivation I'm all for it....this is just Goodell trying to further wussifying this game.
    [/quote]</p>

And BTW, this bounty thing hurts the defense. How many times have we seen guys try to make the big hit without wrapping up. Happens all the time anymore. When you wrap up you give up the "big hit" but increase the chances of making the tackle.</p>

</p>

BTW...my goal is to get as many posters as possible to have me as the star of their sigs.</p>

I'm flattered really.</p>

[/quote]

bull****

big hits helped us vs the Pats in the superbowl... a couple of dropped balls could possibly of been because they knew footsteps were coming. The Hernandez drop stands out

Getting hits on Brady gives him happy feet
    [/quote]</p>

Please find me my post where I said we should have "big hits".</p>

Don't mischaracterize my position.</p>[/quote]

the point is that big hits is really what the bounties paid. Big hits. If they weren' legal, especially in todays game, they would of been flagged so I doubt that those plays would of been paying to a player.

Big Hits got you the bounty, if you were able to break the guys collarbone im sure u got a bonus...

thats football, thats the mindset you need for defense. If you take that away the game would be harmed FAR more than losing any player.
    [/quote]Honestly, it's part of the reason I love this game so much. I don't want to see someone get paralyzed, but a good legal hard hit that clears the players sinuses and knocks the spit out of his mouth-makes me stand and cheer.[/quote]

****in a - broken collarbone sucks, but its not serious....

snot bubbles baby

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]This whole saints bounty thing is such politically correct bull****. Now espn is highlighting tackles and sacks the saints have made the last 2 years and the media is trying to sell it like its some horrible act
    [/quote]

it is horse ****

unless they were locking to tear somebodys knee up give REAL cheap shots to the head (im not talking about a hand grazing a face mask type thing) then they were in the wrong

But trying to hit somebody as hard as you can knock him out of the game is hwat football is all about...
    [/quote]</p>

No its not Matt. Your position is horse****.</p>

The goal on defense is to stop the offense and get turnovers. Not to try to injure your opponents.</p>

</p>

[/quote]

I'm with matt on this one, trying to hit someone (legally) hard enough to knock them out of the game is acceptable in my opinion and if coaches want to give rewards for that as motivation I'm all for it....this is just Goodell trying to further wussifying this game.
    [/quote]</p>

And BTW, this bounty thing hurts the defense. How many times have we seen guys try to make the big hit without wrapping up. Happens all the time anymore. When you wrap up you give up the "big hit" but increase the chances of making the tackle.</p>

</p>

BTW...my goal is to get as many posters as possible to have me as the star of their sigs.</p>

[/quote]

bull****

big hits helped us vs the Pats in the superbowl... a couple of dropped balls could possibly of been because they knew footsteps were coming. The Hernandez drop stands out

[/quote]</p>

Don't mischaracterize my position.</p>

[/quote]haha-this is going wild....like usual, that's why we love it. I think MH is onboard with brutal hard defensive hits-so long as they are legal. Right MH?[/quote]</p>

Aren't we all? </p>

And this is what happens when Morehead gets involved with the discussion. It goes off.</p>[/quote]Yes but what was legal 10 years ago isnt legal today. How can these refs tell if there is helmet to helmet half the time? How do you determine if a wr is "defenseless"? This game is being watered down little by little.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

</p>

I'm flattered really.</p>[/quote]

Great point, I didn't really consider that...still I'm not against it...but I don't want my team doing it for the reason you just mentioned.

About the sig...many may follow but I will always be the first to have you in my sig, I'm glad you appreciate it

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]The only thing thats wrong in the bounty situation is, technically, its going against the cap.

[/quote]

what?
    [/quote]If Vilmas knocks out Farve or someone, vilma gets money for it. Its kind of like a under the table bonus if you will, imo anyway

I LOVE Tolbert catching out of the backfield as such a monstrocity that it's hard to bring im down. But i doubt we will spring for that. We gotta pay other players before we think about replacing a RB. Especially when we have 4 on the roster with Jacobs here lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

it is horse ****

[/quote]</p>

No its not Matt.* Your position is horse****.</p>

The goal on defense is to stop the offense and get turnovers.* Not to try to injure your opponents.</p>

*</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

And BTW, this bounty thing hurts the defense.* How many times have we seen guys try to make the big hit without wrapping up.* Happens all the time anymore.* When you wrap up you give up the "big hit" but increase the chances of making the tackle.</p>

*</p>

[/quote]

bull****

big hits helped us vs the Pats in the superbowl... a couple of dropped balls could possibly of been because they knew footsteps were coming.* The Hernandez drop stands out

[/quote]</p>

Don't mischaracterize my position.</p>[/quote]

the point is that big hits is really what the bounties paid.* Big hits. If they weren' legal, especially in todays game, they would of been flagged so I doubt that those plays would of been paying to a player.

Big Hits got you the bounty, if you were able to break the guys collarbone im sure u got a bonus...

thats football, thats the mindset you need for defense.* If you take that away the game would be harmed FAR more than losing any player.
    [/quote]Honestly, it's part of the reason I love this game so much. I don't want to see someone get paralyzed, but a good legal hard hit that clears the players sinuses and knocks the spit out of his mouth-makes me stand and cheer.[/quote]

****in a - broken collarbone sucks, but its not serious....

snot bubbles baby
    [/quote]Romo's broken collarbone---****--that's fine. The the stuff inscriptions are made of. Boley is on my list to get him inscribe the Romo steam roll tackle.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]The only thing thats wrong in the bounty situation is, technically, its going against the cap.

[/quote]

what?
    [/quote]If Vilmas knocks out Farve or someone, vilma gets money for it. Its kind of like a under the table bonus if you will, imo anyway
    [/quote]

na but im saying it has nothing to do wtih the cap?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]The only thing thats wrong in the bounty situation is, technically, its going against the cap.

[/quote]

what?
    [/quote]

na but im saying it has nothing to do wtih the cap?
    [/quote]It doesnt but at the same time it is. The team is rewarding a player (bonus) for injuring another player. Its under the table incentives. Maybe Im wrong but thats the way Im seeing it.

Unless the players were putting their own money in a pot and said who ever gets the hardest hit, or knocks so and so out, gets the pot.

+ Reply to Thread