+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

You guys aren't getting the point here.</P>

This is the way the NFL is now. You can whine and cry like schoolgirls if you want, but it won't change. Player safety is the #1 concern of the NFL right now. They are being sued by ex players for concusions etc..</P>

They will have zero tolerance for teams putting bounties on opposing players. Its just the way it is.</P>

You're all going to either have to deal with it, or stop watching football.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]The only thing thats wrong in the bounty situation is, technically, its going against the cap.

[/quote]

what?
    [/quote]If Vilmas knocks out Farve or someone, vilma gets money for it. Its kind of like a under the table bonus if you will, imo anyway
    [/quote]

na but im saying it has nothing to do wtih the cap?
    [/quote]It doesnt but at the same time it is. The team is rewarding a player (bonus) for injuring another player. Its under the table incentives. Maybe Im wrong but thats the way Im seeing it.
    [/quote]

the team isn't REALLY rewarding the players at all

its the players pooling their own money together. Money which they've already made from the cap...

I mean maybe Williams was contribuytiung to the pot, but I mean its not enough to really make any difference in terms of cap. Even with pots that went up to 50k... whats that average, like 2k per person?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"]

You guys aren't getting the point here.</p>

This is the way the NFL is now. You can whine and cry like schoolgirls if you want, but it won't change. Player safety is the #1 concern of the NFL right now. They are being sued by ex players for concusions etc..</p>

They will have zero tolerance for teams putting bounties on opposing players. Its just the way it is.</p>

You're all going to either have to deal with it, or stop watching football.</p>[/quote]

actually we're not the ones whining and crying, that would be you...

whether the game is different or not really has no effect on what your opinion should be. The RULES have changed, but yet these hits are all within the rules that they were rewarded for. So whether you want to over exaggerate it being a different game or not is on you....

The thing we're pointing out is your hypocrisy of you condemning it now but being okay with it when LT did it.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

This is the way the NFL is now. You can whine and cry like schoolgirls if you want, but it won't change. Player safety is the #1 concern of the NFL right now. They are being sued by ex players for concusions etc..</p>

They will have zero tolerance for teams putting bounties on opposing players. Its just the way it is.</p>

You're all going to either have to deal with it, or stop watching football.</p>[/quote]

actually we're not the ones whining and crying, that would be you...

whether the game is different or not really has no effect on what your opinion should be. The RULES have changed, <u>but yet these hits are all within the rules that they were rewarded for.</u> So whether you want to over exaggerate it being a different game or not is on you....

The thing we're pointing out is your hypocrisy of you condemning it now but being okay with it when LT did it.
    [/quote]you hit the nail on the head.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

It's Goodell's agenda really Morehead...if someone else was Commish (and that will be the case one day) there is no telling what the NFL will turn into....right now Goodell like's the safety agenda so that's whats happening...that's all it is.

about the cap issue...I agree with Dezz...that's the only "real" problem in this situation I believe...and only if it's the owner/management paying the players...if the players are pooling their own money and doing it I don't have a problem with the situation (beyond the fact that it causes missed tackles and I don't want my team missing tackles)

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

It's Goodell's agenda really Morehead...if someone else was Commish (and that will be the case one day) there is no telling what the NFL will turn into....right now Goodell like's the safety agenda so that's whats happening...that's all it is.

about the cap issue...I agree with Dezz...that's the only "real" problem in this situation I believe...and only if it's the owner/management paying the players...if the players are pooling their own money and doing it I don't have a problem with the situation (beyond the fact that it causes missed tackles and I don't want my team missing tackles)
    [/quote]

big hits break plays up, cause fumbles, put fear in opponents, and hurt opposing players.. .if our players have a shot at a big hit i want them to take it..

its like saying you'd rather run the ball on 3rd down because its more safe than throwing for the first down

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

big hits break plays up, cause fumbles, put fear in opponents, and hurt opposing players.. .if our players have a shot at a big hit i want them to take it..[/quote]

I only want them to take it if they have back up, the reason Victor Cruz had all those 70+ yard TD's this year was because people were trying to crush him and wiffed....and poof Touchdown.

I'm not saying don't big hit, but it's situational, big hit on a QB when someone else already has his feet or someone else also has a clear path at least...go ahead, but if you are the only one there make a textbook tackle....don't let him throw the ball downfield.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

big hits break plays up, cause fumbles, put fear in opponents, and hurt opposing players.. .if our players have a shot at a big hit i want them to take it..[/quote]

I only want them to take it if they have back up, the reason Victor Cruz had all those 70+ yard TD's this year was because people were trying to crush him and wiffed....and poof Touchdown.

I'm not saying don't big hit, but it's situational, big hit on a QB when someone else already has his feet or someone else also has a clear path at least...go ahead, but if you are the only one there make a textbook tackle....don't let him throw the ball downfield.
    [/quote]

I disagree with that...

There were definitly players whiffing, but I don't think there was killshots going on that the misse don... i thin kthey were just ordinary tackle attempts...

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I disagree with that...[/quote]

you are entitled to that opinion...but to me it's quite clear that going for big hits...while sometimes beneficial (fumbles, scared players, future hesitation blah blah blah) often lead to missed tackles...which is fine when you have backup, but not when there's no one else there.

Arian Foster bit the bullet on that deal huh?

EDIT: On guaranteed money anyway

+ Reply to Thread