+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]we're defending champions, we're not looking for upset, we're looking for production

Your fooling yourself by thinking Barden is anything more than just a message board name. Hixon has a connection with Eli which would be perfect with Cruz and Nicks ahead of him...[/quote]

I'm not so much Pro Barden as I am Anti Hixon.

Hixon would result in the lowest production out of any receiver on our roster as a the 3rd receiver right now in my opinion, Barden Jernigan whoever we pick up...any of them will do better.

Hixon is (and always was) a KR/PR Special Teams guy...Eli made him look like a decent WR one year...big deal...he can do that with anyone on our roster.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]we franchised Weatherford
    [/quote]</P>

odd. lol
    whatever though, he was so good, i would like to keep him around. Punters are strange thing, you either love em, or hate em....but its still pretty hard to find a good one.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]we're defending champions, we're not looking for upset, we're looking for production

Your fooling yourself by thinking Barden is anything more than just a message board name. Hixon has a connection with Eli which would be perfect with Cruz and Nicks ahead of him...[/quote]

Hixon would result in the lowest production out of any receiver on our roster as a the 3rd receiver right now in my opinion, Barden Jernigan whoever we pick up...any of them will do better.

Hixon is (and always was) a KR/PR Special Teams guy...Eli made him look like a decent WR one year...big deal...he can do that with anyone on our roster.
    [/quote]</P>

I'm anti-Hixon as a receiver also. I remember a few years ago, I was debating with MH about this.(big ****ing surprise). He said Hixon was going to be our best receiver, and then we drafted Nicks after a terribly mediocre season from Hixon anyway, and it was "hixon who?", I said he was an ok as a filler, but clearly not the answer as the guy displayed some butterfingers. I thought he redeemed himself in the Rams game this year with the juggling catch. but uhh...he tore his ACL for the 2nd season in a row on that play, so yea, honestly...i dont want him near the ball on offense. At least as a returner, he has teh ability to show his ability, but we can use Thomas, Jerrnigan, and others on returns if need be.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

You two are being silly. 08 Hixon 49 and 500 yards playing behind plax and tooms. What kind of numbers are you looking for in a number 3?
    The man can run decent routes, catch, break tackles. If neither JJ or Barden are ready, Hixon is a good option.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]we're defending champions, we're not looking for upset, we're looking for production

[/quote]

Na he wa sonly like that for one year when we went in with Manningham, Smith, and Cruz

This year alone he was used as our 3rd WR before he got hurt and before Cruz blew up.

This is why you always end up paying me in bets lol...

and the only reason u won the year before is cuz we had a huge bet in fantasy. You ALWAYS lose these side bets to me lol
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

I'm anti-Hixon as a receiver also. I remember a few years ago, I was debating with MH about this.(big ****ing surprise). He said Hixon was going to be our best receiver, and then we drafted Nicks after a terribly mediocre season from Hixon anyway, and it was "hixon who?", I said he was an ok as a filler, but clearly not the answer as the guy displayed some butterfingers. I thought he redeemed himself in the Rams game this year with the juggling catch. but uhh...he tore his ACL for the 2nd season in a row on that play, so yea, honestly...i dont want him near the ball on offense. At least as a returner, he has teh ability to show his ability, but we can use Thomas, Jerrnigan, and others on returns if need be.</p>[/quote]

nobody disagrees with the fact that if Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, and Steve Smith are on the team that Hixon wouldn't be the #3

[quote user="dezzzR"]You two are being silly. 08 Hixon 49 and 500 yards playing behind plax and tooms. What kind of numbers are you looking for in a number 3?
    The man can run decent routes, catch, break tackles. If neither JJ or Barden are ready, Hixon is a good option.
    [/quote]

can def stretch the field too

and just to note: before he got injured this year he wasn't even on kick return

I was also thinking, might this bounty bs going public have anything to do with Spags coming in? Like maybe Spags said something to the wrong guy.

[quote user="dezzzR"]You two are being silly. 08 Hixon 49 and 500 yards playing behind plax and tooms. What kind of numbers are you looking for in a number 3?
    [/quote]</P>

Well....Toomer had a nearly IDENTICAL season to Hixon.
    It's not like Hixon made the season or anything...in fact, he dropped that were sure things, and made us all cringe, but i digress, how quickly we forget.
    Our running game and Eli Manning were the only thing that made Hixon look like a serviceable receiver.

My point: I dont want us to get to the point where Hixon is an option. Last resort maybe, sure...lol....but not an option</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread