+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="byron"]Somebody show me how this cuts Eli's pay !?![/quote]

I thought he was cutting 7 mil from this year and turning into 5 mil guaranteed spread out the next few years

its just moving money around
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="byron"]Somebody show me how this cuts Eli's pay !?![/quote]</p>

It doesn't. It adds to it.</p>[/quote]

it only adds to it if he has a bad year in which he wouldn't of hit the incentives that they turned into guaranteed money

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="byron"]Somebody show me how this cuts Eli's pay !?![/quote]</P>

It doesn't. It adds to it.</P>[/quote]thank you I thought I was losing my mind if he slips on a banana peel and breaks both his legs he gets the 6 mill ...lets hope that don't happen

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]Somebody show me how this cuts Eli's pay !?![/quote]

I thought he was cutting 7 mil from this year and turning into 5 mil guaranteed spread out the next few years

[/quote]the team would be doing that spreading the G money over the rest of his contract....I have not heard or seem anything that says Eli agreed to take that money in spread out increments by year or anything else

[quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]Somebody show me how this cuts Eli's pay !?![/quote]

[/quote]the team would be doing that spreading the G money over the rest of his contract....I have not heard or seem anything that says Eli agreed to take that money in spread out increments by year or anything else [/quote]

they turned it into a signing bonus, which gets spread out through the rest of the contract, cap wise. I think he actually gets that money right now though

[quote user="byron"][quote user="Morehead State"]

It doesn't. It adds to it.</p>[/quote]thank you I thought I was losing my mind if he slips on a banana peel and breaks both his legs he gets the 6 mill ...lets hope that don't happen[/quote]

hes not ADDING more money

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

It doesn't. It adds to it.</P>[/quote]

it only adds to it if he has a bad year in which he wouldn't of hit the incentives that they turned into guaranteed money
    [/quote] not sure about this thinking....bottom line for me is this Eli helped the team with their cap problems by restructuring.....god bless him...but thats it thats all he did not take a pay cut

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="Morehead State"]

It doesn't. It adds to it.</P>[/quote]thank you I thought I was losing my mind if he slips on a banana peel and breaks both his legs he gets the 6 mill ...lets hope that don't happen[/quote]

hes not ADDING more money
    [/quote] Or LOSING money

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]Somebody show me how this cuts Eli's pay !?![/quote]

[/quote]the team would be doing that spreading the G money over the rest of his contract....I have not heard or seem anything that says Eli agreed to take that money in spread out increments by year or anything else [/quote]

they turned it into a signing bonus, which gets spread out through the rest of the contract, cap wise. I think he actually gets that money right now though
    [/quote] they are calling it guaranteed money but I agree he gets the money now ...that's the incentive for doing it.....could be wrong tho

[quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

It doesn't. It adds to it.</p>[/quote]

[/quote] not sure about this thinking....bottom line for me is this Eli helped the team with their cap problems by restructuring.....god bless him...but thats it thats all he do not take a pay cut[/quote]

well its simple, he cut 7 mil off his number this year in money that wasn't guaranteed..

Just like he did last year (whatever number he cut off his cap hit last year, lets just say 8 for arguments sake)

He cut 8 off last year in unguaranteed money. So if its unguaranteed, that means it would of been performance based. So they changed it into a signing bonus, which i believe means he would of gotten an 8 million dollar check and it added 2 million a year to what his cap number is for the next 4 years

After the year of production he had, I think it would of been safe to assume that he probably would of gotten that 8 mil..

Now hes doing it again this year with 7 mil. He will probably got a 7mil check today and spread that 7 mil out over the next 3 and final years of his contract and it gets added to his cap number (but he was already paid that money, its just a cap number).

All it did was guarantee unguaranteed money. So if Eli has a good year, he probably would of made this money anyway.

And honestly, we don't even know what these incentives were. It could of just been for playing a full 16 - it could of been simple things that he def would of hit anyway, it could not of.

But if he has a repeat performance of last year or better i think its safe to say he would of made that money anyawy. If he has a ****ty year, then yea, he got paid more than he would have

+ Reply to Thread