+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]So its his fault that he broke his leg?[/quote]</p>

no, it's his fault that he thought he was bigger than the team.
    You really lack rationale today it seems. whats up??</p>[/quote]I dont get it either..... Maybe its like Harooni's 'fascination' with Tiki, LOL []
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

[quote user="Morehead State"]Sounds a lot like Steve Smith. The team thought his knee was still bad but Smith thought he could play, and went to the Eagles (same team that Bavaro went to)

Football players want to play. I guess we should hate them for that.</P>

[/quote]</P>

thats why i dont hate smith, and same goes for bavaro.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]twiiiterrr war!!!
    shockey vs tooooms
    [/quote]</P>

my favorite part:</P>

"It’s funny how the Ny media still try’s to make money off me!” Shockey wrote. “Can anyone find a quote from me on me wanting to play for the GAINTS?”</P>

what a huge pile of **** this guy is...how ANY of our fans could like him is beyond me!</P>

[/quote]He is the ULTIMATE D-Bag

Yea, cause he's the only thing the NY Media makes money on, its not like we're the biggest city in the world. Hell there's stuff that barely makes the news here that would be headline stuff in the rest of the country..... What a pompous a-hole

I cant wait til we play whatever team he lands on so I can rain used batteries down on that clown
    [/quote]</P>

You sure do express a lot of hate for guys who played their asses off for our beloved team Kase.</P>

[/quote]There are right and wrong ways to leave a franchise, that determines how their careers with our teams are remembered, wether its The Giants, Rangers, Yanks, or Knicks
    [/quote]</P>

Maybe you can explain the "right way" to leave a team to play for someone else.</P>

[/quote]Its actually quite simple

-Listen to offers from the team you're leaving before signing anything
    -TRY not to go to a division rival (sometimes its understandable)
    -Dont badmouth the fanbase, city, front office, former teammates, etc

[/quote]</P>

Who did SS badmouth?</P>

And this is nice career advice, but the kid has to do whats right for himself and his family. And he got an offer from the Giants. It was around $1MM and a trip to the PUP list.</P>

I just don't get this Kase. The kid did nothing wrong except want to play somewhere. So he took 4 times the money and a promise to get on the field right away.</P>

[/quote]Smith didnt badmouth anyone, I was just listing that as one of the things you DONT do when you leave a team for another

Its not like we were paying him $7.50 per hr plus tips, he was making bank here and we wanted to test him out to see how serious the injury was, we didnt want to rush him cause at the time we wanted him long time. Hell he was supposed to be 'the next Amani'

...If we didnt lose Smith, who knows if we would have had Cruz
    [/quote]</P>

Is it your position that he should have taken the $1MM, get put on the PUP list and be at the mercy of doctors to determine if he could play. Or should he have taken 4 times the money and go to a team that already told him they thought he was healthy enough to play immediately.</P>

I just don't understand what logic you think he was supposed to follow here Kase.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]So its his fault that he broke his leg?[/quote]</P>

You really lack rationale today it seems. whats up??</P>

[/quote]I dont get it either..... Maybe its like Harooni's 'fascination' with Tiki, LOL []
    [/quote]</P>

What did he do to make you think that he thought he was "bigger than the team"?</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"]I like guys who leave it all on the field.[/quote]</P>

and when they make **** personal with teammates, coaches and management?? what do you consider that? leaving it on the field?</P>

I never questioned the guys effort or toughness.....one of my favorite giants plays was where shockey nearly lost his head in the philly game, helmet goes flying, and he still legged out some YAC. it was epic.
    but these professional athletes who want to be treated like gods, want to be the center of all attention despite not being the "superstar".....no thx. Attitude and energy is totally different than being a d-bag POS</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]So its his fault that he broke his leg?[/quote]</p>

You really lack rationale today it seems. whats up??</p>[/quote]

you guys are the ones that are lacking in rational thought today.

Steve Smith had to leave, I have no hate for him...Philly made him the offer...he only has so many years of football and he has to make his money when he can, they offered him 3 mil more and the ability to actually play and maybe prove he was worth more, staying here would have been a bad decision for him period.

About Shockey...shocky didn't bad mouth anyone his last year here...he was a model player (at least on the field) no arms raised no complaining, he played hard practiced hard, also he was apparently very close with Mara also back in the day so he can't be as "d-baggy" as everyone wants him to be....

the truth is you guys have joined into the mob mentality that goes against Shockey in NY...you have no reason to hate him...you hate him because everyone else does...and everyone else does because they weren't paying attention and the NY media told them to.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]twiiiterrr war!!!
    shockey vs tooooms
    [/quote]</p>

my favorite part:</p>

"It’s funny how the Ny media still try’s to make money off me!” Shockey wrote. “Can anyone find a quote from me on me wanting to play for the GAINTS?”</p>

what a huge pile of **** this guy is...how ANY of our fans could like him is beyond me!</p>

[/quote]He is the ULTIMATE D-Bag

Yea, cause he's the only thing the NY Media makes money on, its not like we're the biggest city in the world. Hell there's stuff that barely makes the news here that would be headline stuff in the rest of the country..... What a pompous a-hole

I cant wait til we play whatever team he lands on so I can rain used batteries down on that clown
    [/quote]</p>

You sure do express a lot of hate for guys who played their asses off for our beloved team Kase.</p>

[/quote]There are right and wrong ways to leave a franchise, that determines how their careers with our teams are remembered, wether its The Giants, Rangers, Yanks, or Knicks
    [/quote]</p>

Maybe you can explain the "right way" to leave a team to play for someone else.</p>

[/quote]Its actually quite simple

-Listen to offers from the team you're leaving before signing anything
    -TRY not to go to a division rival (sometimes its understandable)
    -Dont badmouth the fanbase, city, front office, former teammates, etc

[/quote]</p>

Who did SS badmouth?</p>

And this is nice career advice, but the kid has to do whats right for himself and his family. And he got an offer from the Giants. It was around $1MM and a trip to the PUP list.</p>

I just don't get this Kase. The kid did nothing wrong except want to play somewhere. So he took 4 times the money and a promise to get on the field right away.</p>

[/quote]Smith didnt badmouth anyone, I was just listing that as one of the things you DONT do when you leave a team for another

Its not like we were paying him $7.50 per hr plus tips, he was making bank here and we wanted to test him out to see how serious the injury was, we didnt want to rush him cause at the time we wanted him long time. Hell he was supposed to be 'the next Amani'

...If we didnt lose Smith, who knows if we would have had Cruz
    [/quote]</p>

Is it your position that he should have taken the $1MM, get put on the PUP list and be at the mercy of doctors to determine if he could play. Or should he have taken 4 times the money and go to a team that already told him they thought he was healthy enough to play immediately.</p>

I just don't understand what logic you think he was supposed to follow here Kase.</p>[/quote]Well from the Giants FO side of it, they said that Smith didnt even listen to their offer, so im not sure about how true the money part is. I think its just Smith trying to save face with the Giants.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]So its his fault that he broke his leg?[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

Steve Smith had to leave, I have no hate for him...Philly made him the offer...he only has so many years of football and he has to make his money when he can, they offered him 3 mil more and the ability to actually play and maybe prove he was worth more, staying here would have been a bad decision for him period.

About Shockey...shocky didn't bad mouth anyone his last year here...he was a model player (at least on the field) no arms raised no complaining, he played hard practiced hard, also he was apparently very close with Mara also back in the day so he can't be as "d-baggy" as everyone wants him to be....

the truth is you guys have joined into the mob mentality that goes against Shockey in NY...you have no reason to hate him...you hate him because everyone else does...and everyone else does because they weren't paying attention and the NY media told them to.
    [/quote]</P>

I'm with you Scrappy!!!</P>

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    [/quote]When Shockey left it was due, he was at ends with the team and the FO, it was understood on both sides. I never really 'hated' him til this recent beef with Amani, Toomer is one of my fav Giants of All-Time and is no doubt a Giants great, probably the best WR in team history

His recent comments make him REALLY sound like a D-Bag

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

1) dont tell me what i think and why.
    2) dont make me say again that i dont hate smith for taking the $ in philly and thinking he could play.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread