+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"]
    the truth is you guys have joined into the mob mentality that goes against Shockey in NY...you have no reason to hate him...you hate him because everyone else does...and everyone else does because they weren't paying attention and the NY media told them to.
    [/quote]When Shockey left it was due, he was at ends with the team and the FO, it was understood on both sides. I never really 'hated' him til this recent beef with Amani, Toomer is one of my fav Giants of All-Time and is no doubt a Giants great, probably the best WR in team history

His recent comments make him REALLY sound like a D-Bag
    [/quote]</P>

Toomer insults Shockey and you don't expect him to respond?</P>

And BTW, Toomer badmouthed the organization and coaching staff when they released him. Why don't you add Toomer to the great Giants you now hate.</P>

[/quote]Where did you hear this?!?!?!

Amani Toomer is a SAINT!!!!
    [/quote]</P>

Just off the top of my head.</P>

He said that he wouldn't resign with the Giants even if they wanted him. He said they were intentionally not throwing him the ball to "phase him out" of the team.</P>

He also said that the Giants were "long on talent but short on heart".</P>

I'm sure there were other bitter gems.</P>

[/quote]I dont know about that... Sounds more like something Shockey would say on a day he was feeling nice
    [/quote]</P>

I've had this conversation before with some of you guys. I personally don't care much at all what a player says to the media. Most NFL players are overgrown children anyway, and say what comes to mind without considering the consequences.</P>

It never bothered me what BJ said, or Shockey. the only one who really bothered me was Tiki because he betrayed the clubhouse confidence that all player have.</P>

I care about what a player does ON THE FIELD. Go play hard and you're OK with me.</P>

thats why I loved Shockey and BJ. I like guys with attitude and toughness. </P>

Some of you guys just seem to care more about the soap opera element of the game. Its all part of the feminization of our society.</P>

In other words, you're all a bunch of women!</P>

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]I dont get it....[/quote]

Let me try to help you then.

[quote user="JPizzack"]you'll never hear me badmouthing our players while they are here. Even if there are issues, i'll defend them. I can comfortably say, without hesitation, that when Shockey asked for a trade, my first thought was "Thank god!"...[/quote]</p>

you WILL hear me bad mouthing our own players while they are here...because that's also part of being a fan in my opinion, I'll defend them if someone who isn't a fan gets on them...but to you guys and around real giants fans I'm gonna say the truth...or at least say what I believe, I can comfortably say that when we let Shockey go my first thought was oh **** who are we going to replace him with...I knew it wasn't going to be boss for some reason (never liked him) luckily in the end Eli (and maybe gilbride as much as I hate the guy) got together and made it work without a suitable replacement at the TE position...that said we didn't get nearly enough for him in my opinion and most of all our team was most decidedly not "better" without him....all that addition by subtraction crap the media spun....it was all bull**** people who don't know football bought into...and frankly im disappointed you guys are falling for that bullcrap that even Eli and Jerry Reese said was not true back then.
    </p>

</p>

[quote user="JPizzack"]It's like when you guys slaughter Osi for asking for money. I get it! You dont like that he is greedy! The guy averages a sack a game almost every year, and holds the record for most forced fumbles in a single season. You kill him for his run stopping ability, and undisciplined speed rush style....but no player is going to be the complete package every single time. [/quote]</p>

WHO slaughtered Osi...most certainly was not me, I don't know it for a fact but I sincerely doubt it was pappy either....</p>

you should not ever be angry at players being greedy...this is their career...and it's only available to them for a limited time, they need to make the most of it...that's not greed it's being responsible.</p>

and of course no player is the total package but actually Shockey when he was here was a lot closer to a total package then Osi is, part of Osi's job IS run stopping..so when he's bad at it he should get criticism, that doesn't mean I don't want him on our team though...he's great at other parts of his job and that makes up for it, Shockey was amazing at both pass receiving AND blocking...was he sometimes running the wrong routes...yes (just like Cruz and Nicks STILL do in this system) was he sometimes a little cranky..did he sometimes ask for too much...maybe before 2007...but like YOU said...noone is the complete player.
    </p>

</p>

</p>

[quote user="JPizzack"]but then to hear Shockey ***** constantly, and then randomly hearing players and former palyers say he was a bad teammate, and selfish player.....and then ppl defend him? i just dont get it , sorry...[/quote]</p>

Shockey doesn't ***** constantly...actually he *****es less then guys like Tiki and Hasselbeck...but the media here likes to get on shockey for some reason....well because it sells, because people in mass bought into it around here.</p>

that's the problem, I'm sorry I'm telling you what you think...but I am, because otherwise I'd have to question your intelligence...I'm actually hoping you just got caught up in the mob mentality and don't actually have a good grasp on the situation...because if you do and you still think shockey is the worst of the worst....then I can't understand your thought process...it doesn't make sense.
    </p>

</p>

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]I dont get it....[/quote]

Let me try to help you then.

[quote user="JPizzack"]you'll never hear me badmouthing our players while they are here. Even if there are issues, i'll defend them. I can comfortably say, without hesitation, that when Shockey asked for a trade, my first thought was "Thank god!"...[/quote]</P>

you WILL hear me bad mouthing our own players while they are here...because that's also part of being a fan in my opinion, I'll defend them if someone who isn't a fan gets on them...but to you guys and around real giants fans I'm gonna say the truth...or at least say what I believe, I can comfortably say that when we let Shockey go my first thought was oh **** who are we going to replace him with...I knew it wasn't going to be boss for some reason (never liked him) luckily in the end Eli (and maybe gilbride as much as I hate the guy) got together and made it work without a suitable replacement at the TE position...that said we didn't get nearly enough for him in my opinion and most of all our team was most decidedly not "better" without him....all that addition by subtraction crap the media spun....it was all bull**** people who don't know football bought into...and frankly im disappointed you guys are falling for that bullcrap that even Eli and Jerry Reese said was not true back then.
    </P>

</P>

[quote user="JPizzack"]It's like when you guys slaughter Osi for asking for money. I get it! You dont like that he is greedy! The guy averages a sack a game almost every year, and holds the record for most forced fumbles in a single season. You kill him for his run stopping ability, and undisciplined speed rush style....but no player is going to be the complete package every single time. [/quote]</P>

WHO slaughtered Osi...most certainly was not me, I don't know it for a fact but I sincerely doubt it was pappy either....</P>

you should not ever be angry at players being greedy...this is their career...and it's only available to them for a limited time, they need to make the most of it...that's not greed it's being responsible.</P>

and of course no player is the total package but actually Shockey when he was here was a lot closer to a total package then Osi is, part of Osi's job IS run stopping..so when he's bad at it he should get criticism, that doesn't mean I don't want him on our team though...he's great at other parts of his job and that makes up for it, Shockey was amazing at both pass receiving AND blocking...was he sometimes running the wrong routes...yes (just like Cruz and Nicks STILL do in this system) was he sometimes a little cranky..did he sometimes ask for too much...maybe before 2007...but like YOU said...noone is the complete player.
    </P>

</P>

</P>

[quote user="JPizzack"]but then to hear Shockey ***** constantly, and then randomly hearing players and former palyers say he was a bad teammate, and selfish player.....and then ppl defend him? i just dont get it , sorry...[/quote]</P>

Shockey doesn't ***** constantly...actually he *****es less then guys like Tiki and Hasselbeck...but the media here likes to get on shockey for some reason....well because it sells, because people in mass bought into it around here.</P>

that's the problem, I'm sorry I'm telling you what you think...but I am, because otherwise I'd have to question your intelligence...I'm actually hoping you just got caught up in the mob mentality and don't actually have a good grasp on the situation...because if you do and you still think shockey is the worst of the worst....then I can't understand your thought process...it doesn't make sense.
    </P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

Oh no....I can't stand Osi. He is not a team player at all. he takes plays, halves and sometimes games off.</P>

He thinks his game is better than it is. His effort is at best...uneven. He doesn't play consistently hard and that pisses me off. He'll play hard when he thinks it will help him personally, but he's no team player.</P>

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    [/quote]</P>

lol, 2 draft picks was a "fair" price for Shockey.....it's unfortunate that both those picked were terrible...lol, but oh well. We'd be singing a different tune if somehow Clint Sintim was a STUD LB for some reason.

And listen dude, i can only go off what other players say. When players admit that they didnt like Shockey, and he was difficult to play with....that's all I need to hear.

To be quite honest, this argument is kind of stupid. We didn't need him....won TWO ****ing superbowls without him...
    who really cares....the guy is a washed up piece of trash. it doesnt matter anymore.

TL;DR version:

Didn't care; won Superbowls</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

the truth is you guys have joined into the mob mentality that goes against Shockey in NY...you have no reason to hate him...you hate him because everyone else does...and everyone else does because they weren't paying attention and the NY media told them to.
    [/quote]When Shockey left it was due, he was at ends with the team and the FO, it was understood on both sides. I never really 'hated' him til this recent beef with Amani, Toomer is one of my fav Giants of All-Time and is no doubt a Giants great, probably the best WR in team history

[/quote]</p>

Toomer insults Shockey and you don't expect him to respond?</p>

And BTW, Toomer badmouthed the organization and coaching staff when they released him. Why don't you add Toomer to the great Giants you now hate.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Just off the top of my head.</p>

He said that he wouldn't resign with the Giants even if they wanted him. He said they were intentionally not throwing him the ball to "phase him out" of the team.</p>

He also said that the Giants were "long on talent but short on heart".</p>

I'm sure there were other bitter gems.</p>[/quote]Yea but then he apologized.
    On calling out the giants org
    I did, but I understand now that I was getting old. A tough pill to swallow. I got over it. Still a gman 4 life.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

Toomer insults Shockey and you don't expect him to respond?</P>

And BTW, Toomer badmouthed the organization and coaching staff when they released him. Why don't you add Toomer to the great Giants you now hate.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Just off the top of my head.</P>

He said that he wouldn't resign with the Giants even if they wanted him. He said they were intentionally not throwing him the ball to "phase him out" of the team.</P>

He also said that the Giants were "long on talent but short on heart".</P>

I'm sure there were other bitter gems.</P>

[/quote]Yea but then he apologized.
    On calling out the giants org
    I did, but I understand now that I was getting old. A tough pill to swallow. I got over it. Still a gman 4 life.
    [/quote]</P>

Hey..I have no problem with Toomer. I'm just saying that he violated one of Case's rules. Just as Mark Bavaro did.</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"]Oh no....I can't stand Osi. He is not a team player at all. he takes plays, halves and sometimes games off.

He thinks his game is better than it is. His effort is at best...uneven. He doesn't play consistently hard and that pisses me off. He'll play hard when he thinks it will help him personally, but he's no team player.</P>

[/quote]</P>

yea yea we know....you been preaching that awhile....

So essentially what youre saying is....is that if he tried, he'd be the best DE of all time? Because well.....his production speaks for itself. He's known as a speed rushing, 1 move DE....the team knows that. If they didn't I'd be concerned. But his job is to put the QB on his ***.....he delivers the goods. end.story.</P>

the ball is in his court right now as far as i can tell. I think he wants to be here. I think the players want him here. So if he isn't traded, and he later leaves for money, you guys will like him? =P</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]Oh no....I can't stand Osi. He is not a team player at all. he takes plays, halves and sometimes games off.

[/quote]</P>

yea yea we know....you been preaching that awhile....

So essentially what youre saying is....is that if he tried, he'd be the best DE of all time? Because well.....his production speaks for itself. He's known as a speed rushing, 1 move DE....the team knows that. If they didn't I'd be concerned. But his job is to put the QB on his ***.....he delivers the goods. end.story.</P>

the ball is in his court right now as far as i can tell. I think he wants to be here. I think the players want him here. So if he isn't traded, and he later leaves for money, you guys will like him? =P</P>

[/quote]</P>

He also plays without disipline. he's a strong edge pass rusher but he fails to honor hisrushing lanes, which allow mobile QB's to get outside him. he also bites on misdirection in the rushing game. RB's cut back on him all the time for big gains.</P>

He's a one dimentional player who thinks he's a lot better than he is. At best right now, he's a situational DE.</P>

Plus he is NEVER happy.</P>

[quote user="dezzzR"]Yea but then he apologized.
    On calling out the giants org:
    "I did, but I understand now that I was getting old. A tough pill to swallow. I got over it. Still a gman 4 life."
    [/quote]</P>

+1</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/JeremyShockey" data-user-id="42916356"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name">jeremy Shockey[/b]
    <span>?</span>
    <span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>JeremyShockey</span>
    </a>

<p class="js-tweet-text">He is i havent talked to him after he loafed on a play and got man handled on my leg that caused it to break</p><p class="js-tweet-text">
    </p><p class="js-tweet-text">
    </p><p class="js-tweet-text">whaaat a friggin baby.
    </p>

+ Reply to Thread