+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]If it's true that Shockey snitched then I'll finally dislike him...for the first time.
    [/quote]whether it was Shockey or some bench warmer, I'm glad someone opened their mouth and did the right thing.</p>

</p>

There is no place in professional sports for bounties and trying to injury key players for the opposing teams. To me it shows the lack of integrity, lack of confidence in your teammates and coaches to beat the opposition fair and square, andis thea cowardly way to play the sport.</p>

</p>

I have no problem with a hard hitting but clean game. Injuries are part of the game, yes, but offering incentives to have a player knocked out or carted off are 100% wrong.</p>

</p>

I'm glad the Saints, Payton, Vitt, Loomus, and Williams got the hammer dropped on them. </p>[/quote]

i disagree... unless it lead to cheap and illegal hits...

if they are rewarding a saftey for knocking a receiver out on a crossing pattern with a legal hit - i have no issue with it.

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]If it's true that Shockey snitched then I'll finally dislike him...for the first time.
    [/quote]whether it was Shockey or some bench warmer, I'm glad someone opened their mouth and did the right thing.</P>

</P>

There is no place in professional sports for bounties and trying to injury key players for the opposing teams. To me it shows the lack of integrity, lack of confidence in your teammates and coaches to beat the opposition fair and square, andis thea cowardly way to play the sport.</P>

</P>

I have no problem with a hard hitting but clean game. Injuries are part of the game, yes, but offering incentives to have a player knocked out or carted off are 100% wrong.</P>

</P>

I'm glad the Saints, Payton, Vitt, Loomus, and Williams got the hammer dropped on them. </P>

[/quote]

if they are rewarding a saftey for knocking a receiver out on a crossing pattern with a legal hit - i have no issue with it.

[/quote]</P>

exactly. I mean, i dont RECALL the Saints receiving many fines for illegal hits or anything.....but like i said yesterday;
    This has been around FOREVER. why are we acting like it wasnt a part of football?
    NCAAF teams use the sticker system for their players, defensive and offensive. Sack a QB, get a sticker. rock a RB, get a sticker. Hit a receiver and break up a pass, get a sticker. This is no different. You just cant pay college kids.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Sapp said he found out Shockey was the one who ratted.

Shockey denies and is playing it off

Sapp is persistant

<u>now strahan is involved</u>

is this the WWE?

Is this going to be a surprise match at Wrestlemania?
    [/quote]lmao hahahahaaa is this twiiter?
    [/quote]Unreal, isn't it? Spags? That an interesting twist, it's a possibility?

[quote user="Morehead State"]

My grass is growing for God's sake.</P>

We have a wedding in our Gazebo on May 26th.* I have already power washed and stained the Gazebo, planted a new weeping Cherry in the front garden and transplanted two Rhodies, completely raked the entire lawn, cleaned out all the gardens, got the stump from the dead Pear tree removed from the front yard.* All before April 1st.</P>

I'm good!**** real good!!!!</P>[/quote]
    Good for you, you're ahead of the curve.

It's nuts...I cannot recall the last time we had these temps in March, and it started over 2 weeks ago in early March. Last winter at this time, we still had feet of snow on the ground and were using roof rakes on our homes. I saw some plants starting to bud on Saturday and some buds on trees Wed.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

We have a wedding in our Gazebo on May 26th.* I have already power washed and stained the Gazebo, planted a new weeping Cherry in the front garden and transplanted two Rhodies, completely raked the entire lawn, cleaned out all the gardens, got the stump from the dead Pear tree removed from the front yard.* All before April 1st.</P>

I'm good!**** real good!!!!</P>[/quote]
    Good for you, you're ahead of the curve.

It's nuts...I cannot recall the last time we had these temps in March, and it started over 2 weeks ago in early March. Last winter at this time, we still had feet of snow on the ground and were using roof rakes on our homes. I saw some plants starting to bud on Saturday and some buds on trees Wed.[/quote]Who's wedding ?

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

We have a wedding in our Gazebo on May 26th. I have already power washed and stained the Gazebo, planted a new weeping Cherry in the front garden and transplanted two Rhodies, completely raked the entire lawn, cleaned out all the gardens, got the stump from the dead Pear tree removed from the front yard. All before April 1st.</P>

I'm good! real good!!!!</P>

[/quote] Good for you, you're ahead of the curve. It's nuts...I cannot recall the last time we had these temps in March, and it started over 2 weeks ago in early March. Last winter at this time, we still had feet of snow on the ground and were using roof rakes on our homes. I saw some plants starting to bud on Saturday and some buds on trees Wed.[/quote]Who's wedding ?[/quote]</P>

My stepdaughter. My wife is obsessed with this wedding. Its really funny. Now keep in mind, my stepdaughter is the daughter of my ex wife. But MY wife is obsessed.</P>

Its a nice thing of course, but her obsession may be the end of me.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="tonyt830"]

[/quote]whether it was Shockey or some bench warmer, I'm glad someone opened their mouth and did the right thing.</P>

*</P>

There is no place in professional sports for bounties and trying to injury key players for the opposing teams.* To me it shows the lack of integrity, lack of confidence in your teammates and coaches to beat the opposition fair and square, and*is the*a cowardly way to play the sport.</P>

*</P>

I have no problem with a hard hitting but clean game.* Injuries are part of the game, yes, but offering incentives to have a player knocked out or carted off are 100% wrong.</P>

*</P>

I'm glad the Saints, Payton, Vitt, Loomus, and Williams got the hammer dropped on them.* </P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

exactly. I mean, i dont RECALL the Saints receiving many fines for illegal hits or anything.....but like i said yesterday;
    This has been around FOREVER. why are we acting like it wasnt a part of football?
    NCAAF teams use the sticker system for their players, defensive and offensive. Sack a QB, get a sticker. rock a RB, get a sticker. Hit a receiver and break up a pass, get a sticker. This is no different. You just cant pay college kids.</P>[/quote]Agreed, it's been around for a long time, but should nfl players need additional incentive to do the job that they are already paid for? However, money IS the best motivator.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="tonyt830"]

</P>

There is no place in professional sports for bounties and trying to injury key players for the opposing teams. To me it shows the lack of integrity, lack of confidence in your teammates and coaches to beat the opposition fair and square, andis thea cowardly way to play the sport.</P>

</P>

I have no problem with a hard hitting but clean game. Injuries are part of the game, yes, but offering incentives to have a player knocked out or carted off are 100% wrong.</P>

</P>

I'm glad the Saints, Payton, Vitt, Loomus, and Williams got the hammer dropped on them. </P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

As I said to you when you first made this point a while back. It doesn't matter what any of us think about this. This is the new NFL. This is the new attitude. The league is being sued by ex players coming out of the woodwork for concussions etc..., claiming they don't do enough for player safety.</P>

This is the answer. I was shocked by the penalties to the Saints coaches and GMbut it sends an absolute message that the league want no more headhunters. No more Gary Fenciks and John Lynch's.</P>

They are trying to split hairs here. They want violence without intent to injure. Its a tough tightrope to walk, but they are trying like hell.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I'm good!**** real good!!!!</P>

[/quote] Good for you, you're ahead of the curve. It's nuts...I cannot recall the last time we had these temps in March, and it started over 2 weeks ago in early March. Last winter at this time, we still had feet of snow on the ground and were using roof rakes on our homes. I saw some plants starting to bud on Saturday and some buds on trees Wed.[/quote]Who's wedding ?[/quote]</P>

My stepdaughter.* My wife is obsessed with this wedding.* Its really funny.* Now keep in mind, my stepdaughter is the daughter of my ex wife.* But MY wife is obsessed.</P>

Its a nice thing of course, but her obsession may be the end of me.</P>[/quote]It's nice. Your wife sounds like a warm heart. How many people for the wedding?

I have to say, your avatar messes with my perception of the Moorehead's. If I ever meet your wife and she is not oriental, I am going to be very off balance. lol.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

My grass is growing for God's sake.</p>

We have a wedding in our Gazebo on May 26th. I have already power washed and stained the Gazebo, planted a new weeping Cherry in the front garden and transplanted two Rhodies, completely raked the entire lawn, cleaned out all the gardens, got the stump from the dead Pear tree removed from the front yard. All before April 1st.</p>

I'm good! real good!!!!</p>

[/quote] Good for you, you're ahead of the curve. It's nuts...I cannot recall the last time we had these temps in March, and it started over 2 weeks ago in early March. Last winter at this time, we still had feet of snow on the ground and were using roof rakes on our homes. I saw some plants starting to bud on Saturday and some buds on trees Wed.[/quote]Who's wedding ?[/quote]</p>

My stepdaughter. My wife is obsessed with this wedding. Its really funny. Now keep in mind, my stepdaughter is the daughter of my ex wife. But MY wife is obsessed.</p>

Its a nice thing of course, but her obsession may be the end of me.</p>[/quote]

yea we didn't want to tell you guys, but me and Amanda broke up a long time ago

pappy is actually going to be my pappy-in-law from here on out...
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

+ Reply to Thread