+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="tonyt830"]Matt, I have been told that I need to accept God into my life more. I was raised Catholic and went to church every Sunday and holidays. I even went to those CCD classes a couple days after school during the week. But I feel everybody has their faith and that is good. But I have also noticed that some of the "supposed" holy rollers are the biggest hippocrits out there.[/quote]

having faith in god is fine.

I am 12 years catholic schooled too between CCD, middle school, and high school.

But these religion gets used as a crutch. People think they are holier than thou because of their religion and they look down upon others because of it (kind of goes against every thing i was taught in 12 years). People use it as a crutch to do what they want and come back with "God is forgiving".

If people can find the good out of religion, i take no issue with it. Buts its more common to find people using it as a shield. Religions that are suppose to be accepting of everybody, typically aren't at all. I just can't stomach it.

[/quote]I hear you, but thats the small majority. Every bunch has is bad apples. And its certainly not just Christianity. At least Christians arent blowing themselves up to kill other Christians. Look at the middle east. Jihadists kill everyone that dont except their way of Islam. Its insane.
    [/quote]

the extremists are a small majority but you don't need to be an extremist to fall under the catagory of people that use Religion as a sheild.

**** man, my old drug dealer/friend was religious as can be. A friend that sold me pot but was a real drug dealer for other **** was as religious as you could BE. Dude went on retreats with his family like once a month just ridiculous **** but was a bad mother****er. Aka, doing time for stabbing somebody now.

Im sorry but I see more negative effects of religion than positive. And it also speaks to the fac tthat some people need to be god fearing to do the right things. I don't fear god, I still try to be as good to people as possible. I can be a **** and a ball brearker but at the end of the day i try to do good by people.

<U>I've come to the conclusion that if there is a god and he doesn't accept me because I didn't buy into this religion **** and he holds it against me - then I don't want to follow a god like that anyway.</U>
    [/quote]pretty much the exact way i feel, but if someone wants to pray every hour of the day im not going to hold it against them as long as in my face about it.
    [/quote]stop copping out and except him into your life he loves you...the seed has been planted my work is done here

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

The people I know who tend to be more religious are usually more selfless, kind, giving and thoughtful. Generally they will do anything for you and ask nothing in return.</P>

They tend to be strong, honest and principled. they tend to be the kind of people you can lean on when you have troubles.</P>

They tend to have much stronger relationships and tend to raise kids who are respectful as well.</P>

Yeah.....they're all *******s.</P>

[/quote]

Pappy, i've come to one conclusion about you. You really don't get out of ur comfort area much.

Im not saying it doesn't exist, but i can say I know more people who aren't like that that "put god first"
    [/quote]</P>

I have no idea what this means. What are you saying?</P>

[/quote]

like it seems your life right now is in a really good place but not to be insulting but it just seems like you don't have much experience with really different walks of life. Its one thing I was kind of lucky wtih in dealing with others was that i've gone to school with the ghetto and i've gone to school with the rich while living in what would of been considered a middle class town my whole life. And its not to be insulting, but you should put that comment on the same shelf as "i watch too much TV" to form my opinion of why I hate religion.

Religion makes people too many people think they are on pedestals to the other people or they use religion as an enabler to live their life a certain way - and I can't stand it.

[/quote]</P>

Good place? I'm practically unemployed due to the great "Obama recovery" Ive had many accounts go under in the past year and a half. I'm 53 and I'm faced with starting over.</P>

Yeah....I'm in a great ****ing place.</P>

[/quote] well your not alone I'm pushing 60 I've been through two of these bank ****ups this one by far the worst..its just about cleaned me out ..I have zero faith in politicians doing anything right....but I will find a way..great year for a start uplawn care bussiness..</P>

</P>

I got 5gal of joint compound waiting on me everybody have a great afternoon !!</P>[/quote]

whoa whoa whoa!

thought u were suppose to be taking it easy there BIG B!
    [/quote] yeah its 10:50 and i haven't started yet and I figure a gal an hour will net me 125.00 be home by 5:30 looking for supper!

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]Yea and if you said those things in front of homosexuals theyd press charges. Theyre just as bad as the religous freaks.
    [/quote]</P>

lol uhh...pretty sure you cant press charges for language, buddy.</P>

[/quote]

lol yea freedom of speech. I think he was just making a point
    [/quote]Its called a hate crime. Look at that Indian kid(forgot his name). Hes getting 10 years for "bullying" that "forced" a gay college student to jump off a bridge. Is that really fair? I believe he should get deported or some hard time, but 10 years??
    [/quote]</P>

I've mentioned that that case in particular is far from over. It's going to be a benchmark case for years to come regardless of the final outcome.
    It's not a hate crime to use words lol. It IS a hate crime if you use those words to fuel a hurtful outcome.

I dont really want to talk about that case. it's extremely controversial. lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

holy ****, how have I never seen this?!?!?!</P>

</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="byron"]stop copping out and except him into your life he loves you...the seed has been planted my work is done here [/quote]</P>

lmao!! hahahahahahahaha</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]Yea and if you said those things in front of homosexuals theyd press charges. Theyre just as bad as the religous freaks.
    [/quote]</p>

lol uhh...pretty sure you cant press charges for language, buddy.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]Its called a hate crime. Look at that Indian kid(forgot his name). Hes getting 10 years for "bullying" that "forced" a gay college student to jump off a bridge. Is that really fair? I believe he should get deported or some hard time, but 10 years??
    [/quote]</p>

I've mentioned that that case in particular is far from over. It's going to be a benchmark case for years to come regardless of the final outcome.
    It's not a hate crime to use words lol. It IS a hate crime if you use those words to fuel a hurtful outcome.

I dont really want to talk about that case. it's extremely controversial. lol</p>[/quote]More political correct bull****. Its poisoning this country.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

The people I know who tend to be more religious are usually more selfless, kind, giving and thoughtful.* Generally they will do anything for you and ask nothing in return.</p>

They tend to be strong, honest and principled.* they tend to be the kind of people you can lean on when you have troubles.</p>

They tend to have much stronger relationships and tend to raise kids who are respectful as well.</p>

Yeah.....they're all *******s.</p>[/quote]

Pappy, i've come to one conclusion about you. You really don't get out of ur comfort area much.

Im not saying it doesn't exist, but i can say I know more people who aren't like that that "put god first"
    [/quote] While I'm*not*a church goer and there are many things*about faith I struggle with...*I can read the ten conmandments and think what better words are there to live by...So I do my best to live by them...there are hypocrites of all sorts in this life religous and not ....For the* most part I don't*go places that make me uncomforable hang with people I don't like or watch **** that upsets me... Remember*if there is a heaven its what you do in the here and now that will get you there when. If nothing else try and earn yourself a cooler full ice and beer cause you ain't having none of mine ..see ya hell boys ! **[/quote]
    and even the commandments could relaly be summed up with the golden rule:

Treat others as you'd like to be treated.

I disagree with taking gods name in vain, cuz i habitually say JESUS CHRIST!

Do not have false idols: i think having a positive living role model is a good thing.

and I keep the Sabbath for Giants football and curing* hangovers
    [/quote]For me, In the end it really does come down to treat other's as you would like to be treated. I really try (not always sucessful) to consider the other person in every equation.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

lol uhh...pretty sure you cant press charges for language, buddy.</p>[/quote]

[/quote]

uhm, yea that was for videoing the kid having sex and streaming it live...

little bit different than calling somebody a homo lol
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="dezzzR"]More political correct bull****. Its poisoning this country.
    [/quote]</P>

right, cuz its just the one thing that is destroying the country...lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

lol uhh...pretty sure you cant press charges for language, buddy.</p>[/quote]

[/quote]

uhm, yea that was for videoing the kid having sex and streaming it live...

little bit different than calling somebody a homo lol
    [/quote]i was just making an example. you can still get in trouble directing it towards a homosexual depending on where you live.

+ Reply to Thread