+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Don't be fooled by the nature of the questions Daven. especially from Justice Kennedy. I would tend to believe that in the end the court (by 5-4 or 6-3) will UPHOLD the individual mandate.</P>

I think they will be very reluctant to overturn an act of Congress. I would think the basis is that since the Congress has the power to regulate commerce under the Commerce Clause of the US Constitution, they will decide that all Americans are, by definition participants in the commerce of Healthcare. therefore the Congess has the power to compell US citizens to purchase insurance.</P>

I believe that the individual mandate is <U>unconstitutional,</U> but I believe the court will uphold it.</P>

[/quote]

But how can they say that all Americans are "by definition" participants of Health care "Insurance" it's entirely possible to not have Health Care "Insurance" but still pay for your own Health Care.

Health care insurance and health care are separate things.

I sincerely hope that at least the individual mandate is over turned because to me it seems obvious that our government should not have the ability to force it's citizens to pay for a product that they don't particular want or need.
    [/quote]</P>

The argument of thr administration is that Health Care insurance and "Health Care" in general are the same market. One supports the other. I just have a feeling that Kennedy is not apt to overturn an act of Congress unless there is a blatant violation of the Constitution. The argument is gray at best. </P>

I'm not saying that I agree, I just think thats how they would rule. And given Roberts repect for the Supreme Court, I would not be surprised to see him go over to the "wrong" side" in order to avoid a 5-4 decision on such a monumental issue.</P>

I would obviously be happy to see them overturn the mandate and then the entire bill. Its a horrible law. But I'm just not sure they will.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Don't be fooled by the nature of the questions Daven. especially from Justice Kennedy. I would tend to believe that in the end the court (by 5-4 or 6-3) will UPHOLD the individual mandate.</p>

I think they will be very reluctant to overturn an act of Congress. I would think the basis is that since the Congress has the power to regulate commerce under the Commerce Clause of the US Constitution, they will decide that all Americans are, by definition participants in the commerce of Healthcare. therefore the Congess has the power to compell US citizens to purchase insurance.</p>

I believe that the individual mandate is <u>unconstitutional,</u> but I believe the court will uphold it.</p>

[/quote]

But how can they say that all Americans are "by definition" participants of Health care "Insurance" it's entirely possible to not have Health Care "Insurance" but still pay for your own Health Care.

I sincerely hope that at least the individual mandate is over turned because to me it seems obvious that our government should not have the ability to force it's citizens to pay for a product that they don't particular want or need.
    [/quote]</p>

The argument of thr administration is that Health Care insurance and "Health Care" in general are the same market. One supports the other. I just have a feeling that Kennedy is not apt to overturn an act of Congress unless there is a blatant violation of the Constitution. The argument is gray at best. </p>

I'm not saying that I agree, I just think thats how they would rule. And given Roberts repect for the Supreme Court, I would not be surprised to see him go over to the "wrong" side" in order to avoid a 5-4 decision on such a monumental issue.</p>

I would obviously be happy to see them overturn the mandate and then the entire bill. Its a horrible law. But I'm just not sure they will.</p>[/quote]

I think from listening (and of course the questions they ask could mean nothing, it could all be for show) that they will override the Mandate...but that's all they will do they will leave everything else intact...which makes it even worse in the end honestly.

All-Pro

The current argument is about how they will be taking away money from the states if they don't except the new plan....which is a sort of coercion, but the judges aren't buying it at all....even though I do a bit.

The states have become dependent on the federal governments help when it comes to medicare/caid etc etc.

now the fed is saying we are changing this ****, if you like it jump in, if you don't pay for it yourself...

sounds ok until you realize the states have become dependent on it and can't possibly make up the difference anymore.

The states don't have a choice, they HAVE to accept it.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Don't be fooled by the nature of the questions Daven. especially from Justice Kennedy. I would tend to believe that in the end the court (by 5-4 or 6-3) will UPHOLD the individual mandate.</P>

I think they will be very reluctant to overturn an act of Congress. I would think the basis is that since the Congress has the power to regulate commerce under the Commerce Clause of the US Constitution, they will decide that all Americans are, by definition participants in the commerce of Healthcare. therefore the Congess has the power to compell US citizens to purchase insurance.</P>

I believe that the individual mandate is <U>unconstitutional,</U> but I believe the court will uphold it.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

The argument of thr administration is that Health Care insurance and "Health Care" in general are the same market. One supports the other. I just have a feeling that Kennedy is not apt to overturn an act of Congress unless there is a blatant violation of the Constitution. The argument is gray at best. </P>

I'm not saying that I agree, I just think thats how they would rule. And given Roberts repect for the Supreme Court, I would not be surprised to see him go over to the "wrong" side" in order to avoid a 5-4 decision on such a monumental issue.</P>

I would obviously be happy to see them overturn the mandate and then the entire bill. Its a horrible law. But I'm just not sure they will.</P>

[/quote]

I think from listening (and of course the questions they ask could mean nothing, it could all be for show) that they will override the Mandate...but that's all they will do they will leave everything else intact...which makes it even worse in the end honestly.
    [/quote]</P>

Daven...I promise you that if they find the mandate unconstitutional, they will strike down most or all of the entire law.</P>

So much of the law depends on the mandate. This is another reason they may not strike any of it down.</P>

My prediction is that the law will be upheld, 6-3. With only Scalia, Thomas and Alito dissenting.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

yo guys my phone ****ted out yesterday and i lost all of my numbers, send me a text with your name so that I can save your numbers
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrNA7RjU91I

Anchorman sequel announced last night

What up tards! Today is a great day!

All-Pro

Obama singing Sexy and I know it by LMFAO

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"]jacobs to the 49ers.
    [/quote]

Now the only jerseys that I own where the players didnt bounce on us is my Strahan and my LT.... I almost dont want to ever buy another jersey

[/quote]Same here, I got my stray and LT left.

Bounced jerseys= Shockey, Tiki, Smith, Jacobs.

I can't really blame Jacobs, he wanted to remain a Giant, they just could not make a deal work.

[quote user="DavenIII"]Obama singing Sexy and I know it by LMFAO
    [/quote]Speaking of -copy of email I got today. I'm not saying it's Obama's fault, I'm just sayin:

Well, we certainly got CHANGE. But I'm still looking for the HOPE..!!

SOME WILL APPRECIATE THIS AND SOME WILL NOT.
    HOWEVER, ALL OF IT IS TRUE.
    After 29 months of Obama ...

Here's your change!
    January 2009 TODAY % chg Source
    Avg.. Retail price/gallon gas in U.S. $1.83 $3.44 84% 1
    Crude oil, European Brent (barrel) $43..48 $99..02 127.7% 2
    Crude oil, West TX Inter. (barrel) $38..74 $91..38 135.9% 2
    Gold: London (per troy oz.) $853.25 $1,369.50 60.5% 2
    Corn, No.2 yellow, Central IL $3.56 $6.33 78.1% 2
    Soybeans, No. 1 yellow, IL $9.66 $13..75 42.3% 2
    Sugar, cane, raw, world, lb.Fob $13..37 $35..39 164.7% 2
    Unemployment rate, non-farm, overall 7.6% 9.4% 23.7% 3
    Unemployment rate, blacks 12.6% 15.8% 25.4% 3
    Number of unemployed 11,616,000 14,485,000 24.7% 3
    Number of fed. Employees 2,779,000 2,840,000 2.2% 3
    Real median household income $50,112 $49,777 -0.7% 4
    Number of food stamp recipients 31,983,716 43,200,878 35.1% 5
    Number of unemployment benefit recipients 7,526,598 9,193,838 22.2% 6
    Number of long-term unemployed 2,600,000 6,400,000 146.2% 3
    Poverty rate, individuals 13.2% 14.3% 8.3% 4
    People in poverty in U.S. 39,800,000 43,600,000 9.5% 4
    U.S.. Rank in Economic Freedom World Rankings 5 9 n/a 10
    Present Situation Index 29.9 23.5 -21.4% 11
    Failed banks 140 164 17.1% 12
    U.S.. Dollar versus Japanese yen exchange rate 89.76 82.03 -8.6% 2
    U.S.. Money supply, M1, in billions 1,575.1 1,865.7 18.4% 13
    U.S.. Money supply, M2, in billions 8,310.9 8,852.3 6.5% 13
    National debt, in trillions $10..627 $14..052 32.2% 14

Just take this last item: In the last two years we have accumulated national debt at a rate more than 27 times as fast as during the rest of our entire nation's history.
    Over 27 times as fast. Metaphorically speaking, if you are driving in the right lane doing 65 MPH and a car rockets past you in the left lane.
    27 times faster, it would be doing 7,555 MPH!
    Sources:
    (1) U.S. Energy Information Administration; (2) Wall Street Journal; (3) Bureau of Labor Statistics; (4) Census Bureau; (5) USDA; (6) U.S. Dept. Of Labor;
    (7) FHFA; (8) Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller; (9) RealtyTrac; (10) Heritage Foundation and WSJ; (11) The Conference Board; (12) FDIC;
    (13) Federal Reserve; (14) U.S. Treasury
    So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 29 months -- so you'll have one year to come up with an answer. Every statement in this email is factual and directly attributable to Barrack Hussein Obama. Every bumble is a matter of record and completely verifiable.

EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS...
    I WONDER HOW MANY WILL FORWARD THIS ?
    "You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out."

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America
    and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God,
    indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

+ Reply to Thread