+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]hey pappy, kase, pizz- shoot me a text i lost all my numbers

last day to be able to frequent the boards and at this job

[/quote]You missed a 'doozy' in here yesterday.... Me and Daven were going OFF on each other

Just sent ya a text
    [/quote]

I still think you are just being a sore loser honestly, it's quite obvious that at least some of the people who are acting up in arms over this common everyday situation (the trayvon martin thing) are doing so because they want to be cool or want attention, it's no different then the Kony thing...or the next big media driven agenda....I'd say it's more then likely the majority of people....but it's definitely at least a portion of them....it's actually just stupid to claim it's not.
    [/quote]OK, I see you're gonna pick it up where we left off.

Never did I suggest that 100% of the people that are attending these rallies and supporting the arrest were doing it for a just cause, I was saying that a majority are and you deny that claim. To you it seems like they are all hipsters looking for the next 'cool thing' but in actuallity the majority are angry at the whole situation and doing it because its the 'right thing' not the 'cool thing'
    [/quote]</p>

I love arguing with Kase. he starts lobbing personal insults and we just can't take him seriously because he's such a nice guy.</p>[/quote]Hey, I called Daven a D-bag when he was acting like one. Other than that I tend to keep personal insults out of it.

I can be nice and I as well can be a D-bag myself
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Kase-1"]OK, I see you're gonna pick it up where we left off.

Never did I suggest that 100% of the people that are attending these rallies and supporting the arrest were doing it for a just cause, I was saying that a majority are and you deny that claim. To you it seems like they are all hipsters looking for the next 'cool thing' but in actuallity the majority are angry at the whole situation and doing it because its the 'right thing' not the 'cool thing'
    [/quote]

Ok, let's put your theory to the test then shall we? I'm going to remember this, and lets say a month, one month from now I'm gonna start making Hoodie+Skittles+Trayvon comments around TAGF and in THEE Thread, I can almost guarantee no one is going to know what I'm talking about, people care in the moment....but we forget...most are not "really" angry, they are spurred by the media to be angry in the moment but once the media drops this and picks something else up those same people will be "genuinely angry" at the next tragedy, I'm sorry Kase but that's how most people are, they do what they are told by the media....our society is a bunch of sheep...everyone will forget....it's sad but it's also true.
    [/quote]

Sounds like a good idea Daven

So why do you put genuinely angry in quotations, are you saying that nobody can or is allowed to be genuinely angry anymore, because you think they'll just be pretending to join the fad or theyre trying to be 'cool'

Better that people think its 'cool' and bring attention to the issue rather than ignoring it completely, yes it may be disingenuous but at least its bringing attention to the light

To you its a majority, in reality its a minority
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="dezzzR"][/quote]WOW, way to be a D-bag dezz

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]hey pappy, kase, pizz- shoot me a text i lost all my numbers

[/quote]You missed a 'doozy' in here yesterday.... Me and Daven were going OFF on each other

Just sent ya a text
    [/quote]

I still think you are just being a sore loser honestly, it's quite obvious that at least some of the people who are acting up in arms over this common everyday situation (the trayvon martin thing) are doing so because they want to be cool or want attention, it's no different then the Kony thing...or the next big media driven agenda....I'd say it's more then likely the majority of people....but it's definitely at least a portion of them....it's actually just stupid to claim it's not.

[/quote]This is why people can be afraid of people wearing hoodies. This happened yesterday.
    http://www.wgntv.com/news/local/brea...,2255509.story

a six year old girl was caught in the cross fire. Wheres the media?
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...g-those-killed

Black on black crime is the real issue and it continues to be ignored.

[/quote]OK its obvious you dont get the whole issue at hand, just give it up man, you're making yourself look silly

And those are both horrible crimes but im not denying them or making jokes about them like some on this board *cough cough*

All-Pro

[quote user="Kase-1"]

So why do you put genuinely angry in quotations, are you saying that nobody can or is allowed to be genuinely angry anymore, because you think they'll just be pretending to join the fad or theyre trying to be 'cool'

Better that people think its 'cool' and bring attention to the issue rather than ignoring it completely, yes it may be disingenuous but at least its bringing attention to the light

[/quote]

to you it's a majority in reality it's a minority you mean.

And no, of course people can be genuinely angry, the problem is people claim to be genuinely angry 3 or 4 times a week...about whatever the news told them to be genuinely angry about each day, it kind of stops being genuine at some point doesn't it?

and while I generally agree (like I did with the Kony thing) that bringing attention to a situation is a good even if it's faked attention just because it lets people know about it, in this case it's become a danger to completely innocent people.

there have been tweets of Zimmerman's supposed address...it was wrong so some old couple is hiding in there house afraid of the people who've come to threaten Zimmerman who may I remind you is not guilty of anything yet, it's not good for to stir everyone into a fake or even real uproar over something we know little to nothing about, in fact it's dangerous and its down right irresponsible....the news networks (ALL OF THEM) should be ashamed of themselves, they are no better then shock jocks like Howard Stern or O&amp;A anymore....but at least those guys don't claim to be a source of information.

and by the way I have not been a douchbag at any point during this conversation....you are just angry, I think it's because in the end you know I'm right but you don't want that to be true.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]hey pappy, kase, pizz- shoot me a text i lost all my numbers

Just sent ya a text
    [/quote]

[/quote]This is why people can be afraid of people wearing hoodies. This happened yesterday.
    http://www.wgntv.com/news/local/brea...,2255509.story

a six year old girl was caught in the cross fire. Wheres the media?
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...g-those-killed

Black on black crime is the real issue and it continues to be ignored.

[/quote]OK its obvious you dont get the whole issue at hand, just give it up man, you're making yourself look silly

And those are both horrible crimes but im not denying them or making jokes about them like some on this board *cough cough*
    [/quote]I get the issue. Its a double standard. Its staring you straight in the face. Fact is more African Americans are killed by black on black violence over white on black violence. And theres more black on white crime that always goes un reported.
    The media just wants to get viewers and sell their papers.

And now its coming out this kid wasnt the angel everyone was making him out to be. He was suspended over 3 times for having a burglery tool and womens jewlery, graff, and pot. He even bragged about being suspended on facebook or twitter.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Kase-1"]

[/quote]

to you it's a majority in reality it's a minority you mean.

And no, of course people can be genuinely angry, the problem is people claim to be genuinely angry 3 or 4 times a week...about whatever the news told them to be genuinely angry about each day, it kind of stops being genuine at some point doesn't it?

and while I generally agree (like I did with the Kony thing) that bringing attention to a situation is a good even if it's faked attention just because it lets people know about it, in this case it's become a danger to completely innocent people.

there have been tweets of Zimmerman's supposed address...it was wrong so some old couple is hiding in there house afraid of the people who've come to threaten Zimmerman who may I remind you is not guilty of anything yet, it's not good for to stir everyone into a fake or even real uproar over something we know little to nothing about, in fact it's dangerous and its down right irresponsible....the news networks (ALL OF THEM) should be ashamed of themselves, they are no better then shock jocks like Howard Stern or O&amp;A anymore....but at least those guys don't claim to be a source of information.

and by the way I have not been a douchbag at any point during this conversation....you are just angry, I think it's because in the end you know I'm right but you don't want that to be true.
    [/quote]NOPE, I mean what I said

I was mad at you cause you were being a pompous jerk at times and acted like your word was the law and was passed down from The Lord but in actuallity your word is just as good as mine

You think you're right I think Im right, nothing is gonna change so you can keep typing til you have blisters on all 10 fingers but that wont change a damned thing with me

All-Pro

[quote user="dezzzR"]I get the issue. Its a double standard. Its staring you straight in the face. Fact is more African Americans are killed by black on black violence over white on black violence. And theres more black on white crime that always goes un reported.
    The media just wants to get viewers and sell their papers.

And now its coming out this kid wasnt the angel everyone was making him out to be. He was suspended over 3 times for having a burglery tool and womens jewlery, graff, and pot. He even bragged about being suspended on facebook or twitter.
    [/quote]

It doesn't matter that he wasn't a angel, we've all made our mistakes as kids and none of us deserved to be shot for it, but your first point stands.

the ONLY reason this is in the news is to create ratings and viewers, and the only reason most people are in an uproar about this is because the news told them to be....that much is certain, and it's almost a shame because there are many much more important issues to be discussed and reported on right now....this is sad, but it's not unusual and it's not a pressing issue, like what is everyone protesting? is it racism? we don't even know if this crime was racially motivated more over we don't even know if was a crime! people are in an uproar but they don't even know why.

+ Reply to Thread