+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]hey pappy, kase, pizz- shoot me a text i lost all my numbers

last day to be able to frequent the boards and at this job

[/quote]You missed a 'doozy' in here yesterday.... Me and Daven were going OFF on each other

Just sent ya a text
    [/quote]

I still think you are just being a sore loser honestly, it's quite obvious that at least some of the people who are acting up in arms over this common everyday situation (the trayvon martin thing) are doing so because they want to be cool or want attention, it's no different then the Kony thing...or the next big media driven agenda....I'd say it's more then likely the majority of people....but it's definitely at least a portion of them....it's actually just stupid to claim it's not.
    [/quote]OK, I see you're gonna pick it up where we left off.

Never did I suggest that 100% of the people that are attending these rallies and supporting the arrest were doing it for a just cause, I was saying that a majority are and you deny that claim. To you it seems like they are all hipsters looking for the next 'cool thing' but in actuallity the majority are angry at the whole situation and doing it because its the 'right thing' not the 'cool thing'
    [/quote]This is why people can be afraid of people wearing hoodies. This happened yesterday.
    http://www.wgntv.com/news/local/brea...,2255509.story

a six year old girl was caught in the cross fire. Wheres the media?
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...g-those-killed

Black on black crime is the real issue and it continues to be ignored.

[/quote]OK its obvious you dont get the whole issue at hand, just give it up man, you're making yourself look silly

And those are both horrible crimes but im not denying them or making jokes about them like some on this board *cough cough*
    [/quote]I get the issue. Its a double standard. Its staring you straight in the face. Fact is more African Americans are killed by black on black violence over white on black violence. And theres more black on white crime that always goes un reported.
    The media just wants to get viewers and sell their papers.

And now its coming out this kid wasnt the angel everyone was making him out to be. He was suspended over 3 times for having a burglery tool and womens jewlery, graff, and pot. He even bragged about being suspended on facebook or twitter.
    [/quote]Big deal, double standards happen all the time, get used to it. Just because double standards happen doesnt validify you ignoring the issue, thats just 1 wrong for another and in the end it doesnt help anyone.

So now you're discrediting the victim of a murder to what, try and justify Zimmerman killing an UNARMED teenager??? Nobody ever claimed he was a saint or whatever, just an unarmed teenager walking home from the store. I really dont get your point with discrediting him, its not like he had a gun and pointed it at Zimmerman

Im becoming less and less of a fan of yours by the second man
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Kase-1"]OK, I see you're gonna pick it up where we left off.

Never did I suggest that 100% of the people that are attending these rallies and supporting the arrest were doing it for a just cause, I was saying that a majority are and you deny that claim.* To you it seems like they are all hipsters looking for the next 'cool thing' but in actuallity the majority are angry at the whole situation and doing it because its the 'right thing' not the 'cool thing'
    [/quote]

Ok, let's put your theory to the test then shall we? I'm going to remember this, and lets say a month, one month from now I'm gonna start making Hoodie+Skittles+Trayvon comments around TAGF and in THEE Thread, I can almost guarantee no one is going to know what I'm talking about, people care in the moment....but we forget...most are not "really" angry, they are spurred by the media to be angry in the moment but once the media drops this and picks something else up those same people will be "genuinely angry" at the next tragedy, I'm sorry Kase but that's how most people are, they do what they are told by the media....our society is a bunch of sheep...everyone will forget....it's sad but it's also true.
    [/quote]

Sounds like a good idea Daven

So why do you put genuinely angry in quotations, are you saying that nobody can or is allowed to be genuinely angry anymore, because you think they'll just be pretending to join the fad or theyre trying to be 'cool'

Better that people think its 'cool' and bring attention to the issue rather than ignoring it completely, yes it may be disingenuous but at least its bringing attention to the light

To you its a majority, in reality its a minority
    [/quote]Is it cool in the younger generations to be "angry" these days? I do know a few people that due to drugs are Angry people now, I pray for them, but it's pretty much an every day, all the time thing. They're just angry. I do agree that certain races are more disposed to be involved in criminal activity. Another important statistic is how many of the perps that do illegal things are addicts or under the influence of alcohol and drugs.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"]I get the issue. Its a double standard. Its staring you straight in the face. Fact is more African Americans are killed by black on black violence over white on black violence. And theres more black on white crime that always goes un reported.
    The media just wants to get viewers and sell their papers.

And now its coming out this kid wasnt the angel everyone was making him out to be. He was suspended over 3 times for having a burglery tool and womens jewlery, graff, and pot. He even bragged about being suspended on facebook or twitter.
    [/quote]

It doesn't matter that he wasn't a angel, we've all made our mistakes as kids and none of us deserved to be shot for it, but your first point stands.

the ONLY reason this is in the news is to create ratings and viewers, and the only reason most people are in an uproar about this is because the news told them to be....that much is certain, and it's almost a shame because there are many much more important issues to be discussed and reported on right now....this is sad, but it's not unusual and it's not a pressing issue, like what is everyone protesting? is it racism? we don't even know if this crime was racially motivated more over we don't even know if was a crime! people are in an uproar but they don't even know why.
    [/quote]You REALLY dont have any idea why people are upset??

People are in an uproar because an unarmed teenager was shot by a neighborhood watch member after being told that 'the police will take care of it', the only 'weapon' he had was a hoodie, a bag of skittles, and an iced tea, and from what has been shown so far, Zimmerman went outside to confront the kid and then shot him

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

i say kill, rape, and pillage everybody equally
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Kase-1"]OK, I see you're gonna pick it up where we left off.

Never did I suggest that 100% of the people that are attending these rallies and supporting the arrest were doing it for a just cause, I was saying that a majority are and you deny that claim. To you it seems like they are all hipsters looking for the next 'cool thing' but in actuallity the majority are angry at the whole situation and doing it because its the 'right thing' not the 'cool thing'
    [/quote]

Ok, let's put your theory to the test then shall we? I'm going to remember this, and lets say a month, one month from now I'm gonna start making Hoodie+Skittles+Trayvon comments around TAGF and in THEE Thread, I can almost guarantee no one is going to know what I'm talking about, people care in the moment....but we forget...most are not "really" angry, they are spurred by the media to be angry in the moment but once the media drops this and picks something else up those same people will be "genuinely angry" at the next tragedy, I'm sorry Kase but that's how most people are, they do what they are told by the media....our society is a bunch of sheep...everyone will forget....it's sad but it's also true.
    [/quote]

Sounds like a good idea Daven

So why do you put genuinely angry in quotations, are you saying that nobody can or is allowed to be genuinely angry anymore, because you think they'll just be pretending to join the fad or theyre trying to be 'cool'

Better that people think its 'cool' and bring attention to the issue rather than ignoring it completely, yes it may be disingenuous but at least its bringing attention to the light

To you its a majority, in reality its a minority
    [/quote]Is it cool in the younger generations to be "angry" these days? I do know a few people that due to drugs are Angry people now, I pray for them, but it's pretty much an every day, all the time thing. They're just angry. I do agree that certain races are more disposed to be involved in criminal activity. Another important statistic is how many of the perps that do illegal things are addicts or under the influence of alcohol and drugs.[/quote]</P>

I disagree about certain races being more disposed to crime. It has a lot to do with a million factors but race aint one of them.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="JPizzack"]Anyone been watching this seasons's Showtime shows?

Such awesome seasons of Californication, Shamless, and the new show House of Lies (starring Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell).

And with Game of Thrones starting back up?? Good times!

[/quote]</P>

Don't watch Shameless but I do love Cali and House of Lies.* That friggin chick (I think her name is Dawn Olivieri) is unbelievably hot.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Ohhh the one who plays Monica? Dude....she's an 11 out of 10. easily. rrrrawwwwrrrrr</P>[/quote]I have to start catching up on Cali. I like that show. I don't remember this chick Monica?

I just had my photo taken with a coworker for a sales award I won, and we did outside because it's pretty nice out today.
    Problem was it's cold, and i was facing the sun, so im like standing out there, arms crossed, trying to warm up. And then I couldnt see, so im fairly sure that the picture probably looks like I'm straigh mean-muggin the camera lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

The REAL story here Kase, in my opinion, is not Trayvon Martins death, because we don't know the circumstances there, so to get all outraged over something no one knows anything about is just stupid, no the REAL story is about how the Media uses people like you Kase and the others, your friends that you think are "actually" angry about this issue....they USE you to drive their own agendas...to me THAT's the real story...not the situation you keep calling a crime/tragedy/murder because the news told you to call it that.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="JPizzack"]Anyone been watching this seasons's Showtime shows?

Such awesome seasons of Californication, Shamless, and the new show House of Lies (starring Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell).

And with Game of Thrones starting back up?? Good times!

[/quote]</P>

Don't watch Shameless but I do love Cali and House of Lies. That friggin chick (I think her name is Dawn Olivieri) is unbelievably hot.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Ohhh the one who plays Monica? Dude....she's an 11 out of 10. easily. rrrrawwwwrrrrr</P>

[/quote]I have to start catching up on Cali. I like that show. I don't remember this chick Monica?[/quote]</P>

she's in House of Lies, not Californication.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="Kase-1"]You REALLY dont have any idea why people are upset??[/quote]

No the problem here Kase, is that I DO know why people upset, I know better then they do themselves, most people are upset because the Media has told them to be, and for no other reason....they don't know that themselves but that is the case.

[quote user="Kase-1"]People are in an uproar because an unarmed teenager was shot by a neighborhood watch member after being told that 'the police will take care of it', the only 'weapon' he had was a hoodie, a bag of skittles, and an iced tea, and from what has been shown so far, Zimmerman went outside to confront the kid and then shot him[/quote]

Yes that's what the news told you, but we don't know if that's true or not....why don't you wait for the actual facts before getting angry about something you know nothing about, also like others have said, even if all that IS true, it's not as though this is something that's uncommon, it's not as though this is something that never happens, so ask yourself why is everyone angry "this" time...what happened to all the other times it's happened...what happened to the kids this has happened to AFTER Trayvon Martin....why is it only this case people are angry about?

+ Reply to Thread