+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"]

<FONT size=4>How about them Celts!!!!!!</FONT></P>

[/quote]</P>

basketball?? with Baseball about to start, and the draft happening this upcoming month?? pssssh</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

<font size="4">How about them Celts!!!!!!</font></p>

[/quote]</p>

basketball?? with Baseball about to start, and the draft happening this upcoming month?? pssssh</p>[/quote]And hockey playoffs around the corner!!!!
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i see davens slow at work today[/quote]

Actually I'm not, This is in my wheelhouse, it's something that REALLY bothers me about today, the news has turned into a propaganda machine and no one seems to recognize that....the news (and I mean pretty much every media outlet yes including fox) is in the business of shaping societies opinions...but they aren't supposed to be in the business, they are supposed to report facts and let people decide for themselves....but people don't want that anymore people want to be told what to think...and thus the news has obliged them....but it's dangerous, like I said people tweeting Zimmerman's location? honestly? you have people showing up at random peoples houses that have nothing to do with Zimmerman threatening to break the doors down....you got people stealing "in support? in support of WHAT? no one knows whats going on people just want to act immediately.

the Media is inadvertently putting innocent peoples lives at risk by dramatizing issues they don't even know anything about....it's dangerous.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Kase-1"]OK, I see you're gonna pick it up where we left off.

Never did I suggest that 100% of the people that are attending these rallies and supporting the arrest were doing it for a just cause, I was saying that a majority are and you deny that claim. To you it seems like they are all hipsters looking for the next 'cool thing' but in actuallity the majority are angry at the whole situation and doing it because its the 'right thing' not the 'cool thing'
    [/quote]

Ok, let's put your theory to the test then shall we? I'm going to remember this, and lets say a month, one month from now I'm gonna start making Hoodie+Skittles+Trayvon comments around TAGF and in THEE Thread, I can almost guarantee no one is going to know what I'm talking about, people care in the moment....but we forget...most are not "really" angry, they are spurred by the media to be angry in the moment but once the media drops this and picks something else up those same people will be "genuinely angry" at the next tragedy, I'm sorry Kase but that's how most people are, they do what they are told by the media....our society is a bunch of sheep...everyone will forget....it's sad but it's also true.
    [/quote]

Sounds like a good idea Daven

So why do you put genuinely angry in quotations, are you saying that nobody can or is allowed to be genuinely angry anymore, because you think they'll just be pretending to join the fad or theyre trying to be 'cool'

Better that people think its 'cool' and bring attention to the issue rather than ignoring it completely, yes it may be disingenuous but at least its bringing attention to the light

To you its a majority, in reality its a minority
    [/quote]Is it cool in the younger generations to be "angry" these days? I do know a few people that due to drugs are Angry people now, I pray for them, but it's pretty much an every day, all the time thing. They're just angry. I do agree that certain races are more disposed to be involved in criminal activity. Another important statistic is how many of the perps that do illegal things are addicts or under the influence of alcohol and drugs.[/quote]</P>

I disagree about certain races being more disposed to crime. It has a lot to do with a million factors but race aint one of them.</P>

[/quote]I realize its 2001 data, I would be interested to see 2012. Graph is for: As of 2001, the chances of going to prison in percentages for various demographic groups [/quote]</P>

Well you are not taking into consideration all the socio-economic reasons that African Americans are far more likely to grow up in poverty, far more likely to come from poor homes. Then combine that will the social pressures depicted in the modern media, the poor "leaders" who are more apologists than anything else, and then add the horrific racial inequality in the judicial system.</P>

Then add about 1000 other factors that lead to the statistics you are citing. The level of pigment in their skin, or their geneological heritage have NOTHING to do with it.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Kase-1"]OK, I see you're gonna pick it up where we left off.

Never did I suggest that 100% of the people that are attending these rallies and supporting the arrest were doing it for a just cause, I was saying that a majority are and you deny that claim.* To you it seems like they are all hipsters looking for the next 'cool thing' but in actuallity the majority are angry at the whole situation and doing it because its the 'right thing' not the 'cool thing'
    [/quote]

Ok, let's put your theory to the test then shall we? I'm going to remember this, and lets say a month, one month from now I'm gonna start making Hoodie+Skittles+Trayvon comments around TAGF and in THEE Thread, I can almost guarantee no one is going to know what I'm talking about, people care in the moment....but we forget...most are not "really" angry, they are spurred by the media to be angry in the moment but once the media drops this and picks something else up those same people will be "genuinely angry" at the next tragedy, I'm sorry Kase but that's how most people are, they do what they are told by the media....our society is a bunch of sheep...everyone will forget....it's sad but it's also true.
    [/quote]

So why do you put genuinely angry in quotations, are you saying that nobody can or is allowed to be genuinely angry anymore, because you think they'll just be pretending to join the fad or theyre trying to be 'cool'

Better that people think its 'cool' and bring attention to the issue rather than ignoring it completely, yes it may be disingenuous but at least its bringing attention to the light

[/quote]Is it cool in the younger generations to be "angry" these days? I do know a few people that due to drugs are Angry people now, I pray for them, but it's pretty much an every day, all the time thing. They're just angry. I do agree that certain races are more disposed to be involved in criminal activity. Another important statistic is how many of the perps that do illegal things are addicts or under the influence of alcohol and drugs.[/quote]</p>

I disagree about certain races being more disposed to crime.* It has a lot to do with a million factors but race aint one of them.</p>[/quote]I realize its 2001 data, I would be interested to see 2012.

[/quote]

thats registered crimes though

I think we could all agree that cops tend to racially profile and there is a probably LARGE discrimination in white males committing crimes not being caught to black males not going caught.

I agree that black males probably would still have the advantage but I would think that its much closer than that
    [/quote]Ever see "trading places" with Eddie Murphy? An individual is a product of their environment in most circumstances. Lack of education, poverty and the other challenges in the inner cities of this country breed the most criminals. It's bound to happen. I would choose not to breed if I were in that scenario, why bother?

All-Pro

[quote user="Kase-1"]Say it with me Daven AND DEZZ.....

<font size="5">I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE!!!!!!</font>
    [/quote]

I love and hate all people equally....I actually don't see any racial issue here at all.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

<FONT size=4>How about them Celts!!!!!!</FONT></P>

[/quote]</P>

basketball?? with Baseball about to start, and the draft happening this upcoming month?? pssssh</P>

[/quote]And hockey playoffs around the corner!!!!
    [/quote]</P>

....</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i see davens slow at work today[/quote]

Actually I'm not, This is in my wheelhouse, it's something that REALLY bothers me about today, the news has turned into a propaganda machine and no one seems to recognize that....the news (and I mean pretty much every media outlet yes including fox) is in the business of shaping societies opinions...but they aren't supposed to be in the business, they are supposed to report facts and let people decide for themselves....but people don't want that anymore people want to be told what to think...and thus the news has obliged them....but it's dangerous, like I said people tweeting Zimmerman's location? honestly? you have people showing up at random peoples houses that have nothing to do with Zimmerman threatening to break the doors down....you got people stealing "in support? in support of WHAT? no one knows whats going on people just want to act immediately.

the Media is inadvertently putting innocent peoples lives at risk by dramatizing issues they don't even know anything about....it's dangerous.
    [/quote]

i completely understand the hate for the media, i have it too

but bottom line, you have an unarmed teen shot to death for just walking through a town.

its justified. Just because the media blows most of the time, doesn't mean that its propaganda machine 100% of the time.

Your just as bad as those who buy into the propaganda machine about every little thing (ya know, those people spreading awareness about every ****ing thing that they know nothing about on facebook), because you take the complete opposite extreme and just oppose anything that comes out on it. Find a balance
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Never did I suggest that 100% of the people that are attending these rallies and supporting the arrest were doing it for a just cause, I was saying that a majority are and you deny that claim. To you it seems like they are all hipsters looking for the next 'cool thing' but in actuallity the majority are angry at the whole situation and doing it because its the 'right thing' not the 'cool thing'
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Is it cool in the younger generations to be "angry" these days? I do know a few people that due to drugs are Angry people now, I pray for them, but it's pretty much an every day, all the time thing. They're just angry. I do agree that certain races are more disposed to be involved in criminal activity. Another important statistic is how many of the perps that do illegal things are addicts or under the influence of alcohol and drugs.[/quote]</P>

I disagree about certain races being more disposed to crime. It has a lot to do with a million factors but race aint one of them.</P>

[/quote]I realize its 2001 data, I would be interested to see 2012. [/quote]

I think we could all agree that cops tend to racially profile and there is a probably LARGE discrimination in white males committing crimes not being caught to black males not going caught.

I agree that black males probably would still have the advantage but I would think that its much closer than that
    [/quote]Ever see "trading places" with Eddie Murphy? An individual is a product of their environment in most circumstances. Lack of education, poverty and the other challenges in the inner cities of this country breed the most criminals. It's bound to happen. I would choose not to breed if I were in that scenario, why bother?[/quote]</P>

I'm sorry I was just thinking about Jamie Lee's breasts.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Is it cool in the younger generations to be "angry" these days? I do know a few people that due to drugs are Angry people now, I pray for them, but it's pretty much an every day, all the time thing. They're just angry. I do agree that certain races are more disposed to be involved in criminal activity. Another important statistic is how many of the perps that do illegal things are addicts or under the influence of alcohol and drugs.[/quote]</p>

I disagree about certain races being more disposed to crime. It has a lot to do with a million factors but race aint one of them.</p>[/quote]I realize its 2001 data, I would be interested to see 2012.

[/quote]

[/quote]Ever see "trading places" with Eddie Murphy? An individual is a product of their environment in most circumstances. Lack of education, poverty and the other challenges in the inner cities of this country breed the most criminals. It's bound to happen. I would choose not to breed if I were in that scenario, why bother?[/quote]

absolutely...

u know how many coke dealers i've had that we're little rich white boys that live in a nice house with both parents and good life?

Fear the name, appreciate the game

+ Reply to Thread