+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

That's tough. You have been considering a solo act for a little while now. At least you are somewhat prepared. It's all about doing what you enjoy.

Sounds like the wedding performance is going to be great!

[quote user="JPizzack"]Anyone playing fantasy baseball this year?
    besides matt's gayass HR league, lol....

my team is haping up REALLY well so far.
    if anyone cares, listed by position:
    C-Matt Weiters (balt)
    1B - Paul Konerko(ChW)
    2B - Cano(Yanks)
    3B - Brett Lowerie (Tor)
    SS- Starlin Castro (ChC)
    OF- Carlos Gonzalez(Col)
    OF- Matt Holliday(OF)
    OF- Jayson Werth (Wash)
    Util - Carlos Pena(TB)
    Bench - Jesus Montero(Sea)
    Bench- Logan Morrison(Mia)

SP- Jered Weaver (LAA)
    SP- Tommy Hanson(Atl)
    SP- Josh Beckett(Bos)
    SP - Neftali Feliz(Tex)
    SP- Brandon Morrow(Tor)
    SP - Luke Hochevar(KC)
    SP- Chad Billingsley(LAD)
    SP- Jonathan Sanchez(KC)
    SP- Ricky Nolasco(Mia)
    SP- Derek Holland(Tex)

DL- Michael Pineda(NYY)[/quote]</P>

Not bad. </P>

I don't like the choice of Jayson Werth though. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="ny06"]

C-Matt Weiters (balt)
    1B - Paul Konerko(ChW)
    2B - Cano(Yanks)
    3B - Brett Lowerie (Tor)
    SS- Starlin Castro (ChC)
    OF- Carlos Gonzalez(Col)
    OF- Matt Holliday(OF)
    OF- Jayson Werth (Wash)
    Util - Carlos Pena(TB)

SP- Jered Weaver (LAA)
    SP- Tommy Hanson(Atl)
    SP- Josh Beckett(Bos)
    SP - Neftali Feliz(Tex)
    SP- Brandon Morrow(Tor)
    SP - Luke Hochevar(KC)
    SP- Jonathan Sanchez(KC)
    SP- Ricky Nolasco(Mia)
    SP- Derek Holland(Tex)

DL- Michael Pineda(NYY)[/quote]</P>

Not bad. </P>

I don't like the choice of Jayson Werth though. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Coming off such a bad year, I got him for a steal. I think he was a 14th rounder or something. He was my last pick before filling my utility and bench spots. I couldnt complain. He's batting .303 at the moment with a handful of RBIs...so im not gonna complain. Hopefully it works out.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

When do you usually open your pool? I have a heater issue that's needs fixing. I may open this week. I hate those helicopter things that fly off the trees in few weeks.

[quote user="lttaylor56"]When do you usually open your pool? I have a heater issue that's needs fixing. I may open this week. I hate those helicopter things that fly off the trees in few weeks.[/quote]</P>

Memorial day usually. Last few years we've opened it, and it has been crystal blue! lol
    It's usually freezing cold until end of June though</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Damn, I am going to be way early then I guess. In my situation probably better tone ahead. When they looked at heater last fall, they were confused.

C-Matt Weiters (balt)
    1B - Paul Konerko(ChW)
    2B - Cano(Yanks)
    3B - Brett Lowerie (Tor)
    SS- Starlin Castro (ChC)
    OF- Carlos Gonzalez(Col)
    OF- Matt Holliday(OF)
    OF- Jayson Werth (Wash)
    Util - Carlos Pena(TB)

SP- Jered Weaver (LAA)
    SP- Tommy Hanson(Atl)
    SP- Josh Beckett(Bos)
    SP - Neftali Feliz(Tex)
    SP- Brandon Morrow(Tor)
    SP - Luke Hochevar(KC)
    SP- Jonathan Sanchez(KC)
    SP- Ricky Nolasco(Mia)
    SP- Derek Holland(Tex)

DL- Michael Pineda(NYY)[/quote]

I like your team better than mine...especially your pitching staff...I have castro too...good pick...how come you don't have any closers? is saves not a category in your league?

Rowdy NFL fans will be required to see the shrink

To thug fans: Pass test or you’re banned

By GARY BUISO

EXCLUSIVE

The NFL is shrink-rapping football fans.

Unruly fans booted from stadiums this year will be required to pass a code-of-conduct exam — or they won’t be allowed back in for another game.

The idea was hatched by a licensed psychotherapist, The Post has learned.

“We’re not trying to squash anyone’s passion. We’re just trying to say don’t be violent,” said Dr. Ari Novick (right), the Californian who’s the brains behind the program.

Requirements will vary depending on the stadium, but most of the time the stadium louts will have to pass the test before being allowed back in, he said.

The classes are an effort to stem the rising tide of ugly stadium behavior that has included everything from bare-knuckle brawls to lewd Jets fans who screamed obscenities at women until they exposed their breasts in a rude Gate D tradition at the old Giants Stadium.

At the new MetLife Stadium, security chief Daniel DeLorenzi says about 25 fans are ejected from every Jet and Giant game — about 500 rowdies a year.

In 2010, the stadium was the first, along with the New England Patriots’ Gillette Stadium, to employ Novick’s classes.

Fans who get the boot must write DeLorenzi a letter of apology and take the four-hour, $75 online course, available

at fanconductclass.com. To pass, they have to get at least 70 percent of the questions correct.

Even a fan with multiple concussions could figure out the answers to these queries.

One true-or-false question: “Every fan has a right to like any team they wish. Using abusive language towards fans who support teams you don’t like will not be tolerated.”

(This answer, believe it or not, is true.)

Novick takes in $55 for each test he certifies. Mothers Against Drunk Driving and the HERO Campaign for Designated Drivers split the remainder of the dough.

About 25 percent of those bounced don’t bother to take the course, DeLorenzi noted. Incorrigible wrongoers wind up on the “unforgiven” list — a book containing the name, photo and seat number of every booted fan.

A roving band of security guards monitors the stands each game for the unforgiven. If they are nabbed — and 10 have been over the past three years — they’re arrested for trespassing.

Most bounced fans grovel to get back in, especially season-ticket holders who could lose their ducats.

Even if it means lying on the cyber-couch.

“Most of the time, they apologize for their behavior,” DeLorenzi noted.

One remorseful fan wrote in November: “I am really sorry for my actions. I really do like the new stadium.

“I love going to football games and to concerts, and I really want to make sure I’m able to go back to future events.”

From the playbook

Think you’re smarter than a rowdy football fan? Te st yourself on these sample trueor-false questions, courtesy of Dr. Ari Novick.

1 Behaving badly towardsother fans, such as fighting, swearing or threatening them, is OK as long as they deserveit.

2 According to Met-Life Stadium’s alcohol policies, four drinks is the maximum aperson may purchase at a time.

3 Every fan has aright to likeany team they wish. Using abuse language towards fans who support teams you don’t like will not be tolerated.

Answers:

1) False.

2) False, it’stwo.

3) Tr ue.

gbuiso@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz1s9Lz4V9U

[quote user="allentown PA"]I like your team better than mine...especially your pitching staff...I have castro too...good pick...how come you don't have any closers? is saves not a category in your league?[/quote]</P>

No, we have closers and saves as categories. But I always use it as my throw away category. I never draft an RP unless I have back to back picks and can get 2 studs....
    My 2 issues with closers: 1) most of the closers suck...
    2) It's really just 1 stat. It's not like their Ks or ERA affect your categories overall, so i much rather have an extra SP, and perhaps 1 slot to just stream pitchers should i need to.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Rowdy NFL fans will be required to see the shrink

To thug fans: Pass test or you’re banned

By GARY BUISO

EXCLUSIVE

The NFL is shrink-rapping football fans.

Unruly fans booted from stadiums this year will be required to pass a code-of-conduct exam — or they won’t be allowed back in for another game.

The idea was hatched by a licensed psychotherapist, The Post has learned.

“We’re not trying to squash anyone’s passion. We’re just trying to say don’t be violent,” said Dr. Ari Novick (right), the Californian who’s the brains behind the program.

Requirements will vary depending on the stadium, but most of the time the stadium louts will have to pass the test before being allowed back in, he said.

The classes are an effort to stem the rising tide of ugly stadium behavior that has included everything from bare-knuckle brawls to lewd Jets fans who screamed obscenities at women until they exposed their breasts in a rude Gate D tradition at the old Giants Stadium.

At the new MetLife Stadium, security chief Daniel DeLorenzi says about 25 fans are ejected from every Jet and Giant game — about 500 rowdies a year.

In 2010, the stadium was the first, along with the New England Patriots’ Gillette Stadium, to employ Novick’s classes.

Fans who get the boot must write DeLorenzi a letter of apology and take the four-hour, $75 online course, available

at fanconductclass.com. To pass, they have to get at least 70 percent of the questions correct.

Even a fan with multiple concussions could figure out the answers to these queries.

One true-or-false question: “Every fan has a right to like any team they wish. Using abusive language towards fans who support teams you don’t like will not be tolerated.”

(This answer, believe it or not, is true.)

Novick takes in $55 for each test he certifies. Mothers Against Drunk Driving and the HERO Campaign for Designated Drivers split the remainder of the dough.

About 25 percent of those bounced don’t bother to take the course, DeLorenzi noted. Incorrigible wrongoers wind up on the “unforgiven” list — a book containing the name, photo and seat number of every booted fan.

A roving band of security guards monitors the stands each game for the unforgiven. If they are nabbed — and 10 have been over the past three years — they’re arrested for trespassing.

Most bounced fans grovel to get back in, especially season-ticket holders who could lose their ducats.

Even if it means lying on the cyber-couch.

“Most of the time, they apologize for their behavior,” DeLorenzi noted.

One remorseful fan wrote in November: “I am really sorry for my actions. I really do like the new stadium.

“I love going to football games and to concerts, and I really want to make sure I’m able to go back to future events.”

From the playbook

Think you’re smarter than a rowdy football fan? Te st yourself on these sample trueor-false questions, courtesy of Dr. Ari Novick.

1 Behaving badly towardsother fans, such as fighting, swearing or threatening them, is OK as long as they deserveit.

2 According to Met-Life Stadium’s alcohol policies, four drinks is the maximum aperson may purchase at a time.

3 Every fan has aright to likeany team they wish. Using abuse language towards fans who support teams you don’t like will not be tolerated.

Answers:

1) False.

2) False, it’stwo.

3) Tr ue.

gbuiso@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz1s9Lz4V9U[/quote]1321056 jet/giant fans attend games every year, only 500 get kicked out so they make this rule. duuuuuuuuuuuuumb

+ Reply to Thread