+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"]Good weekend. You guys?
    [/quote]</P>

Well....I broke my glasses again....lol

I was keepin' the peace at the bar, and I wasn't even involved, i was just basically standing in a wall, keep the kids brawling in the street, we didnt want them to hurt anyone not involved, and some kid was like holding me back (idk, maybe he thought i was gonna do something, which i wasnt, but whatever he seemed reasonable, trying to essentially do the same thign i was lol) and while that was going on, some kid was talking **** behind him to me for some reason, and while i was turned to my side to make sure my buddy was not getting messed up, the kid yelling suckpunched me right in the sideburn lol. it knocked my glasses off, but it didnt really hurt. I was like..."wtf? what just happened?! where did my glasses go!?" lol
    </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]Good weekend. You guys?
    [/quote]</p>

Well....I broke my glasses again....lol

I was keepin' the peace at the bar, and I wasn't even involved, i was just basically standing in a wall, keep the kids brawling in the street, we didnt want them to hurt anyone not involved, and some kid was like holding me back (idk, maybe he thought i was gonna do something, which i wasnt, but whatever he seemed reasonable, trying to essentially do the same thign i was lol) and while that was going on, some kid was talking **** behind him to me for some reason, and while i was turned to my side to make sure my buddy was not getting messed up, the kid yelling suckpunched me right in the sideburn lol. it knocked my glasses off, but it didnt really hurt. I was like..."wtf? what just happened?! where did my glasses go!?" lol
    </p>[/quote]

Wearing glasses sucks when you get into a fight (I know you didn't just saying) because as soon as you get hit they go flying and break and everyone's all like "OOOOOOo" but really the guy barely hit you lol.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]Then i started digging up the front yard to put nice new bushes in. Had to take the old ones out. Somewhat of a pain in the ***. I got all of them out except one. One of its biiig roots grew around another big root to the near by tree. I tried everything. machete, sharpened a double edged hoe. Then my friends came through around 530. One has a Tahoe with a hitch. Told him it wasnt budging but Im getting there. Go inside to take a leak and get a water. Come baack outside and he had a chain hooked up to the suv and the big bush. He floored it, it came up but it looked like the tree it was caught on was going to go down with it, but it didnt. I was pissed cause I wanted to do it. But it all went smoothly. Good weekend. You guys?
    [/quote]</p>

lmao....man, plants are ****ing stubborn.
    We had this birch tree on the side of our driveway, but it was causing alot of issues, cuz in the winter, it would bend into the driveway when it iced over, and then it grew into the power/cable lines that go to our house, AND the roots are under the driveway...so first we cut the limbs, and then the upper part of the trunk.
    I wasnt home for that, but when I got home, my stepdad was like, "I cant just cut it, the roots are too far under the driveway, we gotta pull it!"
    I was like "uhh...well, wouldnt the tree just NOT grow once you cut it to the extreme you have?"
    clearly he had no idea what he was doing...he was like, whatever! lets pull it up!
    WITH WHAT?!?!
    He has a tahoe...so im like, "alright, I'll chain it up, but its not going to work...you cant even see the roots!"
    Tahoe does nothing but burn tire lol
    Next day, he brings the wrecker from work. (thats a heavy duty tow truck for those not familiar, this one is about 450+ horsepower, god knows how much torque), I rechain it, i try to make a groove lower in the base for the chainsso it doesnt just bend it, and we cable up the tow hooks.
    THE WRECKER DID A ****ING WHEELIE IN THE DRIVEWAY and spun the rear tires while in the air!! im like...damn, this tree is gangster!!
    so we just got a stump grinder. Hopefully it doesnt mess up the driveway lol</p>[/quote]lol ill be sure to tell my friend. he thinks his tahoe is so tough now. hahaa

This is def the time of year to get outside and start doing stuff. I have to admit, I thought Dezz's bush was wrapped around a water main or gas line and there was going to be one hell of a punch line to that story.

I installed my scarecrow motion activated sprinkler...It's awesome. It should protect the fish. We got some new fish this weekend: gold koi, platinum koi, tri-color koi , comet and a shibunkin. The old timer's are having a ball with all their new company.....and we have a giant bull frog that was there last fall and decided he wants to hop around this year too.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]Then i started digging up the front yard to put nice new bushes in. Had to take the old ones out. Somewhat of a pain in the ***. I got all of them out except one. One of its biiig roots grew around another big root to the near by tree. I tried everything. machete, sharpened a double edged hoe. Then my friends came through around 530. One has a Tahoe with a hitch. Told him it wasnt budging but Im getting there. Go inside to take a leak and get a water. Come baack outside and he had a chain hooked up to the suv and the big bush. He floored it, it came up but it looked like the tree it was caught on was going to go down with it, but it didnt. I was pissed cause I wanted to do it. But it all went smoothly. Good weekend. You guys?
    [/quote]</P>

lmao....man, plants are ****ing stubborn.
    We had this birch tree on the side of our driveway, but it was causing alot of issues, cuz in the winter, it would bend into the driveway when it iced over, and then it grew into the power/cable lines that go to our house, AND the roots are under the driveway...so first we cut the limbs, and then the upper part of the trunk.
    I wasnt home for that, but when I got home, my stepdad was like, "I cant just cut it, the roots are too far under the driveway, we gotta pull it!"
    I was like "uhh...well, wouldnt the tree just NOT grow once you cut it to the extreme you have?"
    clearly he had no idea what he was doing...he was like, whatever! lets pull it up!
    WITH WHAT?!?!
    He has a tahoe...so im like, "alright, I'll chain it up, but its not going to work...you cant even see the roots!"
    Tahoe does nothing but burn tire lol
    Next day, he brings the wrecker from work. (thats a heavy duty tow truck for those not familiar, this one is about 450+ horsepower, god knows how much torque), I rechain it, i try to make a groove lower in the base for the chainsso it doesnt just bend it, and we cable up the tow hooks.
    THE WRECKER DID A ****ING WHEELIE IN THE DRIVEWAY and spun the rear tires while in the air!! im like...damn, this tree is gangster!!
    so we just got a stump grinder. Hopefully it doesnt mess up the driveway lol</P>

[/quote]lol ill be sure to tell my friend. he thinks his tahoe is so tough now. hahaa
    [/quote]</P>

lmao...it was a bush you pulled out, not a tree!!! </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="DavenIII"]So LT, you used to (or still do) weight train right?

I want to start a little bit, I'm trying to cut down my bowling and do something else...as of right now I'm bowling Monday through Thursday and also Sunday, but they will all be ending in May.

Over the summer session I'm only gonna bowl in 1 maybe 2 leagues, so I'll have a lot more free time, I'm already a member at a gym and try to go 2-3 times a week right now, but I can't come up with a good schedule because of time restraints between work/bowling/social at the moment, but In may I will....

so what I'm trying to figure out is a couple things.

what is a good starting routine, like what muscles which days you know? I have no clue. I know there are lots of different ways to do it but I don't want to research it really, I just want to get into it a bit if I like it maybe I'll do research later but I'm looking for a starting spot.

Also, right now I generally just go run 3-5 miles on an elliptical then bounce around from machine to machine working on whatever doesn't feel sore that day....

and that's all well and good but I'm looking for something more structured.
    [/quote]Yes, I am cursed in a healthy way, I guess. I can never stop lifting. Been doing it for 36 years. I just don't feel right when I miss a workout. It sounds like aerobically you are in good shape going miles with your cardio. All you really need is 3-4 x week with lifting and you should see diff in a few months if you increase your protein intake. I like to hit each muscle group 2x per week. You can do a light day followed by a heavy day.

Mon-chest, tris, bi's, shoulders.
    Wed-Back-legs
    Thu-chest, tris, bis, shoulders
    Sat-Back-legs

Go with the main powerlifts to build a foundation from: Bench, Squat, Deadlift as your first exercise of each workout-Do 3 sets of 8 reps. then add 10 lbs for the 2nd set and do 6 reps, then add 10 for the 3rd set and do 4 reps.

The other exercises shoot for reps of 8.

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    Wearing glasses sucks when you get into a fight (I know you didn't just saying) because as soon as you get hit they go flying and break and everyone's all like "OOOOOOo" but really the guy barely hit you lol.
    [/quote]</P>

seriously man...it's like once a year im replacing a pair of glasses from getting punched in the face. i should probably stop doing that, eh?

I dont think anyone even noticed cuz there was so much going on. when i saidbrawl, i mean like, there was 30-40 people scrapping in the middle of the street, and it took up the whole road for a good 30 yards. it was ****ing nuts. being a good samaritan doesn't pay....you have to spend money on glasses!! that aint right!! lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="DavenIII"]So LT, you used to (or still do) weight train right?

I want to start a little bit, I'm trying to cut down my bowling and do something else...as of right now I'm bowling Monday through Thursday and also Sunday, but they will all be ending in May.

Over the summer session I'm only gonna bowl in 1 maybe 2 leagues, so I'll have a lot more free time, I'm already a member at a gym and try to go 2-3 times a week right now, but I can't come up with a good schedule because of time restraints between work/bowling/social at the moment, but In may I will....

what is a good starting routine, like what muscles which days you know? I have no clue. I know there are lots of different ways to do it but I don't want to research it really, I just want to get into it a bit if I like it maybe I'll do research later but I'm looking for a starting spot.

Also, right now I generally just go run 3-5 miles on an elliptical then bounce around from machine to machine working on whatever doesn't feel sore that day....

[/quote]Yes, I am cursed in a healthy way, I guess. I can never stop lifting. Been doing it for 36 years. I just don't feel right when I miss a workout. It sounds like aerobically you are in good shape going miles with your cardio. All you really need is 3-4 x week with lifting and you should see diff in a few months if you increase your protein intake. I like to hit each muscle group 2x per week. You can do a light day followed by a heavy day.

Mon-chest, tris, bi's, shoulders.
    Wed-Back-legs
    Thu-chest, tris, bis, shoulders
    Sat-Back-legs

Go with the main powerlifts to build a foundation from: Bench, Squat, Deadlift as your first exercise of each workout-Do 3 sets of 8 reps. then add 10 lbs for the 2nd set and do 6 reps, then add 10 for the 3rd set and do 4 reps.

The other exercises shoot for reps of 8.[/quote]

This is exactly what I was looking for thanks!

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="DavenIII"]So LT, you used to (or still do) weight train right?

[/quote]Yes, I am cursed in a healthy way, I guess. I can never stop lifting. Been doing it for 36 years. I just don't feel right when I miss a workout. It sounds like aerobically you are in good shape going miles with your cardio. All you really need is 3-4 x week with lifting and you should see diff in a few months if you increase your protein intake. I like to hit each muscle group 2x per week. You can do a light day followed by a heavy day. Mon-chest, tris, bi's, shoulders. Wed-Back-legs Thu-chest, tris, bis, shoulders Sat-Back-legs Go with the main powerlifts to build a foundation from: Bench, Squat, Deadlift as your first exercise of each workout-Do 3 sets of 8 reps. then add 10 lbs for the 2nd set and do 6 reps, then add 10 for the 3rd set and do 4 reps. The other exercises shoot for reps of 8.[/quote]

This is exactly what I was looking for thanks!
    [/quote]</P>

May I respectfully offer a different routine for guys who are not power lifters.</P>

I happen to believe in the theory of "pairing" your muscles. In other words, you should work a muscle or muscle group and work the "opposite" muscle or group in the same day. It builds true balance and symmetry. Work back with chest. You work shoulders in another day and arms (bi's and tri's in another)</P>

You can work legs any of those days.</P>

My workout is:</P>

Day 1: Chest and back</P>

Day 2: Shoulders</P>

Day 3: Arms and Legs</P>

I do abs every day. (fast twitch muscles can be worked every day)</P>

I also believe in the benefit of no more than 30 seconds in between sets, EXCEPT for the basic power moves of benching, shoulder press and squats (which should be done at 45 seconds)</P>

You should also always increase the weight (and decrease the reps) with every set. 3 or 4 sets for each exercise. Start with as much as 15 reps and work down to 6 to 8 on the 4th set.</P>

Power lifters are different. The goal is different. I believe the plan I have listed develops true physical fitness with both muscle mass and definition. (Plus the chick dig the kind of physique it brings)</P>

Switch between barbell and dumbell work. Barbell tends to develop more mass and dumbells tend to develop more cut and power.</P>

This is only if you are NOT looking to be a power lifter. If you just want to get in shape, be more fit and lean, and get more chicks, I believe this is best.</P>

</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

May I respectfully offer a different routine for guys who are not power lifters.</p>

I happen to believe in the theory of "pairing" your muscles. In other words, you should work a muscle or muscle group and work the "opposite" muscle or group in the same day. It builds true balance and symmetry. Work back with chest. You work shoulders in another day and arms (bi's and tri's in another)</p>

You can work legs any of those days.</p>

My workout is:</p>

Day 1: Chest and back</p>

Day 2: Shoulders</p>

Day 3: Arms and Legs</p>

I do abs every day. (fast twitch muscles can be worked every day)</p>

I also believe in the benefit of no more than 30 seconds in between sets, EXCEPT for the basic power moves of benching, shoulder press and squats (which should be done at 45 seconds)</p>

You should also always increase the weight (and decrease the reps) with every set. 3 or 4 sets for each exercise. Start with as much as 15 reps and work down to 6 to 8 on the 4th set.</p>

Power lifters are different. The goal is different. I believe the plan I have listed develops true physical fitness with both muscle mass and definition. (Plus the chick dig the kind of physique it brings)</p>

Switch between barbell and dumbell work. Barbell tends to develop more mass and dumbells tend to develop more cut and power.</p>

This is only if you are NOT looking to be a power lifter. If you just want to get in shape, be more fit and lean, and get more chicks, I believe this is best.</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

It's all so confusing, everyone seems to have their own routine, I just want to get started, I'm not looking to be a competitive power lifter or anything I just want a starting point on a schedule, so maybe this is the route I should go? I don't really know now....</p>

thanks for the advice though!</p>

</p>

</p>

+ Reply to Thread