Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"]
    <TABLE id=entries>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
    <TD class=index>1. </TD>
    <TD class=word><FONT size=4>hipster </FONT></TD>
    <TD class=tools id=tools_2705928><SPAN class=status>76290 up, 18915 down</SPAN><SPAN class=thumbs></SPAN></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD class=text id=entry_2705928 colSpan=2>
    <DIV class=definition>Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter.</DIV>
    <DIV class=definition></DIV>
    <DIV class=definition>As i said, doesn't sound like you.</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[/quote]</P>

HA!!! That's totally what a hipster would define themselves as!! That's not what a hipster is. good try.</P>

check the 2nd definition from the site you copy and pasted that from:
    "Definitions are too mainstream"</P>

A hipster is someone who wants to be similar to a hippy,but are "far above that type of filthy ****". They want to listen to all the best music that youve never heard of "because its not mainstream", they wear clothes nobody with half a brain would be caught dead wearing because they want to "express their individuality".........yet they still want their apple products and are still part of the heard. Go figure! filthy ****ing hipsters.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]
    <TABLE id=entries>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
    <TD class=index>1. </TD>
    <TD id=tools_2705928 class=tools><SPAN class=status>76290 up, 18915 down</SPAN><SPAN class=thumbs></SPAN></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD id=entry_2705928 class=text colSpan=2>
    <DIV class=definition>Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter.</DIV>
    <DIV class=definition>As i said, doesn't sound like you.</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[/quote]</P>

HA!!! That's totally what a hipster would define themselves as!! That's not what a hipster is. good try.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I take pride in not knowing this.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"]I take pride in not knowing this.[/quote]</P>

I just edited my post, you can go look!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]
    <TABLE id=entries>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
    <TD class=index>1. </TD>
    <TD id=tools_2705928 class=tools><SPAN class=status>76290 up, 18915 down</SPAN><SPAN class=thumbs></SPAN></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD></TD>

[/quote]</P>

A hipster is someone who wants to be similar to a hippy,but are "far above that type of filthy ****". They want to listen to all the best music that youve never heard of "because its not mainstream", they wear clothes nobody with half a brain would be caught dead wearing because they want to "express their individuality".........yet they still want their apple products and are still part of the heard. Go figure! filthy ****ing hipsters.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that that was not written by a guy who likes hipsters (whatever that is)</P>

Here are some photos of what a hipster might look like, should you encounter one in the wild!</P>

http://blackjeezus.files.wordpress.c...7/hipster2.jpg</P>

this one is drinking PBR....im so shocked -__-
    http://www.jgoodsonline.com/blog/wp-...-beard-pbr.jpg</P>

http://chzemokid.files.wordpress.com...youre-dumb.jpglol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]
    <TABLE id=entries>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
    <TD class=index>1. </TD>
    <TD class=tools id=tools_2705928><SPAN class=status>76290 up, 18915 down</SPAN><SPAN class=thumbs></SPAN></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD class=text id=entry_2705928 colSpan=2>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that that was not written by a guy who likes hipsters (whatever that is)</P>

[/quote]</P>

no, that was a Pizzack original. the "Definitions are too mainstream" was the 2nd definition on urban dictionary, the site you originally quoted haha.

The running theme with hipsters, is that they want nothing to do with mainstream. so you'd jokingly say to someone "oh, I liked wearing skinny jeans before they were cool...now its just too mainstream"
    "What kind ofbands do I like? well it doesnt really matter, youve probably never heard of them anyway..."</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]
    <TABLE id=entries>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
    <TD class=index>1. </TD>
    <TR>
    <TD></TD>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

no, that was a Pizzack original. the "Definitions are too mainstream" was the 2nd definition on urban dictionary, the site you originally quoted haha.

The running theme with hipsters, is that they want nothing to do with mainstream. so you'd jokingly say to someone "oh, I liked wearing skinny jeans before they were cool...now its just too mainstream"
    "What kind ofbands do I like? well it doesnt really matter, youve probably never heard of them anyway..."</P>

[/quote]</P>

Well I hated anything mainstream when I was in my 20's. (Still do) And my favorite band of the 80's was the Stranglers.(Still is...well 2nd to the Cowboy Junkies)</P>

And I looked AWESOME in tight jeans. (still do)</P>

What could this mean? This is why you hate Morehead.</P>

I just found out that the Ramones weren't really brothers.

[quote user="Morehead State"]Well I hated anything mainstream when I was in my 20's. (Still do) And my favorite band of the 80's was the Stranglers.(Still is...well 2nd to the Cowboy Junkies)

And I looked AWESOME in tight jeans. (still do)</P>

What could this mean? This is why you hate Morehead.</P>

[/quote]</P>

HAHAHA no....its difficult to explain.
    Hipsters take their disdain for pop culture to an extreme level!

Like, to be honest, I admire that you like music I dont know. Especially if youre willing to share that information, cuz it could turn me on to something new. Hipsters dont share that same train of thought. If someone other than them knows about it...that band sold out...that dive bar is ruined...etc etc</P>

</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"]I just found out that the Ramones weren't really brothers.[/quote]</P>

haha....well theres one advantage to watching strange documentaries. </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread