+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"]And in a few years, if the league keeps getting more pass happy, the read and react scheme will become obsolete imo. The Mannings, the Bradys, the Rodgers will pick it apart. They already are.
    [/quote]While I am a HUGE fan of the press coverage, when zone is executed correctly the QBs have no passing options or passing lanes. Our problem is that we're not the best zone team, hell our 2 starting CBs (Webby and Prince) are best utulized in man schemes, remember how much Webster was struggling in Tim Lewis' zone scheme!?!?
    [/quote]</P>

Now put TT back there again. Another press corner.</P>

I will say this though, Webby played a lot of press coverage last season against the best WR on the opposing team.</P>

</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"]And in a few years, if the league keeps getting more pass happy, the read and react scheme will become obsolete imo. The Mannings, the Bradys, the Rodgers will pick it apart. They already are.
    [/quote]While I am a HUGE fan of the press coverage, when zone is executed correctly the QBs have no passing options or passing lanes. Our problem is that we're not the best zone team, hell our 2 starting CBs (Webby and Prince) are best utulized in man schemes, remember how much Webster was struggling in Tim Lewis' zone scheme!?!?
    [/quote]</p>

Now put TT back there again. Another press corner.</p>

I will say this though, Webby played a lot of press coverage last season against the best WR on the opposing team.</p>

</p>[/quote]T2 is probably our best zone corner, then again I havent seen that much of Prince playing zone, he was strictly a man-press guy at Nebraska, thats their game.

Webby and Prince playing man-press with Rolle and KP roaming the backfield as our ballhawks, and T2 as our Nickel/3rd Safety sounds like a SEXY 2ndary to me!!!
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

I will say this though, Webby played a lot of press coverage last season against the best WR on the opposing team.</P>

</P>

[/quote]T2 is probably our best zone corner, then again I havent seen that much of Prince playing zone, he was strictly a man-press guy at Nebraska, thats their game.

Webby and Prince playing man-press with Rolle and KP roaming the backfield as our ballhawks, and T2 as our Nickel/3rd Safety sounds like a SEXY 2ndary to me!!!
    [/quote]</P>

Well TT was drafted to play press corner. But I'll take your word for it. I'll also say this, as much as we all like press coverage, in our division, we are looking at 3 QB's (Vick, Romo and RGIII) who could burn us with their ability to run if we play too much press.</P>

Maybe 2 deep zone works for us now.</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

I will say this though, Webby played a lot of press coverage last season against the best WR on the opposing team.</p>

</p>[/quote]he played man. I didnt see one corner jam a single wr all year.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

</p>

[/quote]T2 is probably our best zone corner, then again I havent seen that much of Prince playing zone, he was strictly a man-press guy at Nebraska, thats their game.

[/quote]</p>

Well TT was drafted to play press corner. But I'll take your word for it. I'll also say this, as much as we all like press coverage, in our division, we are looking at 3 QB's (Vick, Romo and RGIII) who could burn us with their ability to run if we play too much press.</p>

Maybe 2 deep zone works for us now.</p>[/quote]Thats true, at the time T2 was drafted when we played mostly press/man

Our solution to Vick, Romo, RG3 is JQ Williams

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

</P>

[/quote]he played man. I didnt see one corner jam a single wr all year.
    [/quote]</P>

Matt and I sat at the Buffalo game and commented on how he was on Stevie for 95% of the plays. Staring eye to eye. They even moved Stevie into the slot at the end of the game to get Webbie off him.</P>

You should actually go to a game. You see a lot more of whats going on. If you want directions to the stadium, let me know. Hahahaha!!!</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Matt and I sat at the Buffalo game and commented on how he was on Stevie for 95% of the plays. Staring eye to eye. They even moved Stevie into the slot at the end of the game to get Webbie off him.</p>

You should actually go to a game. You see a lot more of whats going on. If you want directions to the stadium, let me know. Hahahaha!!!</p>[/quote]Thats why I love going to games, so you can see all of the stuff that they dont show on TV. 300s midfield are the best seats in the house

Morehead, did you forget, Dezz is Pizz

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Matt and I sat at the Buffalo game and commented on how he was on Stevie for 95% of the plays. Staring eye to eye. They even moved Stevie into the slot at the end of the game to get Webbie off him.</p>

You should actually go to a game. You see a lot more of whats going on. If you want directions to the stadium, let me know. Hahahaha!!!</p>[/quote]whats that have to do with jaming. i went to a few and watched him plenty. if you can find me a picture of a giant corner jamming a receiver this year..... i dont know, ill give you moeny or something.

and not on a running play

maybe you mean just man to man. staring eye to eye isnt press you know.

+ Reply to Thread