+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"]They restructured our companies pay grades this week.
    Everyone in my position gets bumped up to my salary, and I get nothing despite working here 7 years for my pay =([/quote]Are you serious? What the hell is that? Your increase has to be around the corner. They are testing you to see if you start crying like a baby, which I agree would be very hard not to do. Play it cool and be noticeably happy. Good things are coming pizz.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

I'm excited to see what our new draft picks will do this year. Specifically Wilson</P>

does anyone know if Marvin Austin will be coming back this year? that guy is such a huge injury risk....but has tremendous upside</P>[/quote]Don't know about Austin, I want to see Rueban and Wilson show up big. However, it's not all the time that first rounders instantly contribute...that's a rarity.

How about Terrel suggs achilles? Now in the Raven case, in the face of that injury, I would think the first rounder def guy they drafted chances of playing just went up alot.

Re: Junior Seau

This one still shocked me, even after he drove off that cliff a few years ago. I don't know if I buy into the head/brain injury thing that is being sold as a possible cause. One thing I know, he did not off himself due to a shortage of hot girlfriends.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]They restructured our companies pay grades this week.
    Everyone in my position gets bumped up to my salary, and I get nothing despite working here 7 years for my pay =([/quote]Are you serious? What the hell is that? Your increase has to be around the corner. They are testing you to see if you start crying like a baby, which I agree would be very hard not to do. Play it cool and be noticeably happy. Good things are coming pizz.[/quote]</P>

yea idk....its causing quite a stir here....all these kids are like "what?! thats a huge raise!! awesome!!" and all the vetarans here are ready to revolt. I just cant help but feel they dont value the loyalty and tenure we have here, which is kind of depressing. It's demoralizing.....its hard to be motivated to work for a place that tells me im replaceable by someone less experienced, but hey, thats the world we live in nowadays i guess.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All of what you say is true and I would feel the same exact way. Sorry Pizz. It's basically a slap in the face. What is the benefit of seniority now?

[quote user="JPizzack"]

I'm excited to see what our new draft picks will do this year. Specifically Wilson</P>

does anyone know if Marvin Austin will be coming back this year? that guy is such a huge injury risk....but has tremendous upside</P>

[/quote]</P>

Austin is healthy and ready to go.</P>

Just hope he can stay that way.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

does anyone know if Marvin Austin will be coming back this year? that guy is such a huge injury risk....but has tremendous upside</P>

[/quote]</P>

Austin is healthy and ready to go.</P>

Just hope he can stay that way.</P>

[/quote]</P>

cool. how do you feel about him?
    I loved the pick last year, but then i keep thinking about how he's barely played the past 2+ years. idk, seems dicey.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

first off, i pity anybody thats never eaten a choco-taco

I would start putting the resume out Pizz, but it is hard to say that they dont' value loyalty since so many diff people are getting paid. Just sucks its not u

Its hard to have any faith in Austin right now in my eyes. If he explodes and balls out i'll love it and if he doesn't i wont be surprised. Too much time away from football

And i like these Osi rumors - send him to the Ravens for a second rounder
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

First of all I never heard of a choco-taco but I don't get to town very often...anything like a hamburger?!</P>

Sorry JP most jobs have a system of pay andyou can bet your *** this change benefits the system some how ...and perhaps something is coming for you vets...Like Matt says and I'm sure you know you could start looking for a new job just be smart don't lose your cool maybe find something better....Its tough I know be patient....God knows I'd probaly lose it if what you say is true ...be carefull man...and good luck whatever happens </P>

if Austin loves the gamereally wants to play because he loves football he'll make his way back</P>

And last but not least **** Osi maybe we couldtrade him for some choco-taco's!?</P>

</P>

</P>

edit : JP don't mind me man Ididn't fair well working for any system I'm a malcontent...sounds like you had a great time in Vagas!!</P>

[quote user="byron"]

First of all I never heard of a choco-taco but I don't get to town very often...anything like a hamburger?!</P>

Sorry JP most jobs have a system of pay andyou can bet your *** this change benefits the system some how ...and perhaps something is coming for you vets...Like Matt says and I'm sure you know you could start looking for a new job just be smart don't lose your cool maybe find something better....Its tough I know be patient....God knows I'd probaly lose it if what you say is true ...be carefull man...and good luck whatever happens </P>

if Austin loves the gamereally wants to play because he loves football he'll make his way back</P>

And last but not least **** Osi maybe we couldtrade him for some choco-taco's!?</P>

[/quote]</P>

Yea, I'm really not losing my cool over this. Like, yea I'm upset about it, im not mad, im just really disappointed that they think this is an acceptable change somehow. It's such a let down to be passed over for the 3rd time in these restructures.
    Yea i have a resume on deck that I update as my job here changes, but, the problem is, with this job market, and my very specific skill set more or less limited to finance (based on the experience anyway), i feel im only attractive to Banking and other financial institutions....which would be no problem, except alot of those places donthave the same job security, so that's something im worried about.</P>

I'd take a 2nd rounder for Osi. That's kind of a steal considering most active players dont go for anything higher than that. Is this even a likely scenario?</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread