+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

all this Osi to Baltimore talk is confusing as a Giants fan....
    I hope to the football gods that the Giants are not entertaining this pathetic offer.

3rd rounder? Why not make a trade on Draft day if the Giants wanted something?
    Osi for a year is far better than 120th+ pick NEXT year....</p>

[/quote]Its all talk. We only have 3 DEs at the moment.
    [/quote]</p>

Not really. I think they are planning to use put Kiwi back at DE this season. The Rivers trade would suggest that. We are actually loaded at LB right now without Kiwi.</p>

[/quote]</p>

I guess thats true, but even so, the advantages of having Osi for another year far outweighs the mystery of a 3rd rounder in the following year....</p>

[/quote]</p>

Putting the Osi crap aside, the football reality is this.</p>

When Osi takes the field on passing downs, he moves JPP out of position to left DE, where he's far less effective. I'd much rather see JPP stay at right DE and use Kiwi in the rotation. We will need another back up DE for the rotation but I don't think Osi has the impact you think. At least not from here on out.</p>

I say deal Osi for the best pick we can get and free up $5MM in cap room. That gives us more flexibility to sign guys to be role players. (which is exactly what we need).</p>[/quote]If Reese wanted to trade away Osi, it would of been best to do it during the draft. I have to agree with pizz, waiting a whole year to use a 2 or 3 rd draft pick doesnt make much sense. Hes worth much more than that. But then again, will Osi ball out for a new contract? or pout about he didnt get a new contract and give half assed efforts.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Rivers is an outside LB. What the hell are you smoking?[/quote]</p>

OLB? i thought middle. either way, improving at LB is always something we need to try to do</p>

[/quote]</p>

No. Rivers is an OLB. Really he's a Will. Although I suspect he'll be playing the SAM for us this season, with Boley at Will and Herz in the middle.</p>

Williams should also get plenty of playing time as well. Really our LB situation is pretty good. If Kiwi moves to DE, we still have a good group there.</p>[/quote]In other threads people were saying he would be playing the middle. He has the size.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

all this Osi to Baltimore talk is confusing as a Giants fan....
    I hope to the football gods that the Giants are not entertaining this pathetic offer.

3rd rounder? Why not make a trade on Draft day if the Giants wanted something?
    Osi for a year is far better than 120th+ pick NEXT year....</P>

[/quote]Its all talk. We only have 3 DEs at the moment.
    [/quote]</P>

Not really. I think they are planning to use put Kiwi back at DE this season. The Rivers trade would suggest that. We are actually loaded at LB right now without Kiwi.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I guess thats true, but even so, the advantages of having Osi for another year far outweighs the mystery of a 3rd rounder in the following year....</P>

[/quote]</P>

Putting the Osi crap aside, the football reality is this.</P>

When Osi takes the field on passing downs, he moves JPP out of position to left DE, where he's far less effective. I'd much rather see JPP stay at right DE and use Kiwi in the rotation. We will need another back up DE for the rotation but I don't think Osi has the impact you think. At least not from here on out.</P>

I say deal Osi for the best pick we can get and free up $5MM in cap room. That gives us more flexibility to sign guys to be role players. (which is exactly what we need).</P>

[/quote]If Reese wanted to trade away Osi, it would of been best to do it during the draft. I have to agree with pizz, waiting a whole year to use a 2 or 3 rd draft pick doesnt make much sense. Hes worth much more than that. But then again, will Osi ball out for a new contract? or pout about he didnt get a new contract and give half assed efforts.
    [/quote]</P>

Osi does NOT want to be a Giant this season under any circumstances. He views a trade as his only chance for a big contract and it has to be this season. he will continue to be a back up in 2012 for us and after the season he'll be a year older. He knows that his chances for a pay day are shrinking as every day passes.</P>

In other words, he will pout and whine and complain and be a general irratant to the team.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Rivers is an outside LB. What the hell are you smoking?[/quote]</P>

OLB? i thought middle. either way, improving at LB is always something we need to try to do</P>

[/quote]</P>

No. Rivers is an OLB. Really he's a Will. Although I suspect he'll be playing the SAM for us this season, with Boley at Will and Herz in the middle.</P>

Williams should also get plenty of playing time as well. Really our LB situation is pretty good. If Kiwi moves to DE, we still have a good group there.</P>

[/quote]In other threads people were saying he would be playing the middle. He has the size.
    [/quote]</P>

You must be thinking of soemone else. Rivers is small. (235). It would be a reach for him at SAM but his speed and coverage skills fit a Fewell scheme there.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]Osi does NOT want to be a Giant this season under any circumstances. He views a trade as his only chance for a big contract and it has to be this season. he will continue to be a back up in 2012 for us and after the season he'll be a year older. He knows that his chances for a pay day are shrinking as every day passes.

In other words, he will pout and whine and complain and be a general irratant to the team.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I posted about this last week:
    Why do we make such a big deal about contract hold outs. sure they seem whiny and childish, but just like you said, this is Osi's only opportunity to make more money.
    In the NBA, Dwight Howard demanded a trade from Orlando, and it never happened, and everyone around the league, players analysts etc all say the same thing "it's bad business for Orlando to not deal him, youre now messing with a guy's money, and that's not good" and everyone gets behind him.
    Osi does the same thing, and every calls him a piece of ****. Whether you like it or not, these past few years, Osi could have made ALOT more money on another team. Now asa Giants fan, thats good for us, but how can people not see that he reserves the right to first ask for a negotiation, and now, a trade? It doesnt help that we've paid other people more than him, and given them sizeable signing bonuses...specifically Kiwi. Not that I see anything wrong with the Kiwi signing, but yea, it does cause waves with Osi for obvious reasons.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Rivers is an outside LB. What the hell are you smoking?[/quote]</p>

OLB? i thought middle. either way, improving at LB is always something we need to try to do</p>

[/quote]</p>

No. Rivers is an OLB. Really he's a Will. Although I suspect he'll be playing the SAM for us this season, with Boley at Will and Herz in the middle.</p>

Williams should also get plenty of playing time as well. Really our LB situation is pretty good. If Kiwi moves to DE, we still have a good group there.</p>

[/quote]In other threads people were saying he would be playing the middle. He has the size.
    [/quote]</p>

You must be thinking of soemone else. Rivers is small. (235). It would be a reach for him at SAM but his speed and coverage skills fit a Fewell scheme there.</p>[/quote]Hes listed as 242 on nfl.com

[quote user="dezzzR"]If Reese wanted to trade away Osi, it would of been best to do it during the draft. I have to agree with pizz, waiting a whole year to use a 2 or 3 rd draft pick doesnt make much sense. Hes worth much more than that. But then again, will Osi ball out for a new contract? or pout about he didnt get a new contract and give half assed efforts.
    [/quote]</P>

That's not happening dude...unless you mean "Ball out" for a new contract elsewhere.....but even then, teams arent going to be willing to break bank on a 31 year old(by the time the season is over) Defensive end. at least i dont THINK they will, but hey, we've seen crazier things.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]Osi does NOT want to be a Giant this season under any circumstances. He views a trade as his only chance for a big contract and it has to be this season. he will continue to be a back up in 2012 for us and after the season he'll be a year older. He knows that his chances for a pay day are shrinking as every day passes.

[/quote]</P>

I posted about this last week:
    Why do we make such a big deal about contract hold outs. sure they seem whiny and childish, but just like you said, this is Osi's only opportunity to make more money.
    In the NBA, Dwight Howard demanded a trade from Orlando, and it never happened, and everyone around the league, players analysts etc all say the same thing "it's bad business for Orlando to not deal him, youre now messing with a guy's money, and that's not good" and everyone gets behind him.
    Osi does the same thing, and every calls him a piece of ****. Whether you like it or not, these past few years, Osi could have made ALOT more money on another team. Now asa Giants fan, thats good for us, but how can people not see that he reserves the right to first ask for a negotiation, and now, a trade? It doesnt help that we've paid other people more than him, and given them sizeable signing bonuses...specifically Kiwi. Not that I see anything wrong with the Kiwi signing, but yea, it does cause waves with Osi for obvious reasons.</P>

[/quote]</P>

He's well within his rights to hold out if he wants. I'm looking at this from a Giants perspective. It hurts the team. If he holds out, we not only lose the player, but we still have the cap hit. Plus its a distraction.</P>

And you mention Dwight Howard. How did that work out for the Magic?</P>

The only thing I care about is the New York Football Giants. Osis will be fine either way. He'll be driving his Bentley (or whatever he drives) and pooping on women whether he gets a new deal or not.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Rivers is an outside LB. What the hell are you smoking?[/quote]</P>

OLB? i thought middle. either way, improving at LB is always something we need to try to do</P>

[/quote]</P>

No. Rivers is an OLB. Really he's a Will. Although I suspect he'll be playing the SAM for us this season, with Boley at Will and Herz in the middle.</P>

Williams should also get plenty of playing time as well. Really our LB situation is pretty good. If Kiwi moves to DE, we still have a good group there.</P>

[/quote]</P>

You must be thinking of soemone else. Rivers is small. (235). It would be a reach for him at SAM but his speed and coverage skills fit a Fewell scheme there.</P>

[/quote]Hes listed as 242 on nfl.com
    [/quote]</P>

Giants list him at 235. Either way, he's too small.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]He's well within his rights to hold out if he wants. I'm looking at this from a Giants perspective. It hurts the team. If he holds out, we not only lose the player, but we still have the cap hit. Plus its a distraction.

And you mention Dwight Howard. How did that work out for the Magic?</P>

The only thing I care about is the New York Football Giants. Osis will be fine either way. He'll be driving his Bentley (or whatever he drives) and pooping on women whether he gets a new deal or not.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Yea but thats why i said you have to look at it from both ways. the guy has money yes, but he has also played for deserved money, which he was apparently promised, yet never received. The Giants are at fault for that. That you have to admit.
    It'd be easy for you and I to say "hey that guy is rich, who cares about an extension", but we all know how sports works.</P>

Howard and the Magic? well it ends up that they lose the best center in basketball, get nothing in return, and for Howard, thank god he only has a sore back and not a REAL injury, because if he got BADLY hurt, he would lose money signing with another team. Whereas if he was traded and signed an extension with another team, it's still guaranteed money he gets.
    So how DID it end up for the Magic? lol, they arent going anywhere except back to irellevance once they get knocked out of the playoffs.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread