+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"]
    <H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1,"tn":"K"}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>A convicted felon received over 42% of the vote in yesterday’s West Virginia Democrat Presidential primary against President Obama. </SPAN></H6>

[/quote]</P>

ahhh West Virginia! the Cradle of Civilization!! -__-</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

gotta go...half day, *****essssss!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

all this Osi to Baltimore talk is confusing as a Giants fan....
    I hope to the football gods that the Giants are not entertaining this pathetic offer.

3rd rounder? Why not make a trade on Draft day if the Giants wanted something?
    Osi for a year is far better than 120th+ pick NEXT year....</P>[/quote]

third rounder with the ability to be a second rounder? I think that would be more than fair
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

I hope to the football gods that the Giants are not entertaining this pathetic offer.

Osi for a year is far better than 120th+ pick NEXT year....</p>[/quote]Its all talk. We only have 3 DEs at the moment.
    [/quote]

kiwanuka would be a DE if we lost Osi

and Osi isn't a depth player. Kiwi would replace his role and we regardless we need to find somebody to replace tollefson. That has nothing to do wtih Osi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Osi for a year is far better than 120th+ pick NEXT year....</P>

[/quote]Its all talk. We only have 3 DEs at the moment.
    [/quote]</P>

Not really.* I think they are planning to use put Kiwi back at DE this season.* The Rivers trade would suggest that.* We are actually loaded at LB right now without Kiwi.</P>[/quote]

i agree. We have a VERY healthy LBer core with alot of possible promise

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Rivers is an outside LB.* What the hell are you smoking?[/quote]</P>

OLB? i thought middle. either way, improving at LB is always something we need to try to do</P>[/quote]

i think he could play both but is def listed as an OLB

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Osi for a year is far better than 120th+ pick NEXT year....</p>[/quote]

third rounder with the ability to be a second rounder? I think that would be more than fair[/quote]Its a shot in the dark. We did it with shockey and it didnt end well. we got Sintim and who else?

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Osi for a year is far better than 120th+ pick NEXT year....</P>

[/quote]</P>

Not really.* I think they are planning to use put Kiwi back at DE this season.* The Rivers trade would suggest that.* We are actually loaded at LB right now without Kiwi.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I guess thats true, but even so, the advantages of having Osi for another year far outweighs the mystery of a 3rd rounder in the following year....</P>

[/quote]</P>

Putting the Osi crap aside, the football reality is this.</P>

When Osi takes the field on passing downs, he moves JPP out of position to left DE, where he's far less effective.* I'd much rather see JPP stay at right DE and use Kiwi in the rotation.* We will need another back up DE for the rotation but I don't think Osi has the impact you think.* At least not from here on out.</P>

I say deal Osi for the best pick we can get and free up $5MM in cap room.* That gives us more flexibility to sign guys to be role players. (which is exactly what we need).</P>[/quote]

The least i'd be willing to take for osi is a 3rd rounder with the ability to turn into a 2nd rounder.

BARE minimum. I disagree with your assessment about JPP out of position. The dude moves around alot. We've had him lineup over the center before and get pressure.

You know I agree wtih you generally about Osi, but to suggest our pass rush isn't bette with Osi is madness.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Osi for a year is far better than 120th+ pick NEXT year....</p>

[/quote]</p>

Not really.* I think they are planning to use put Kiwi back at DE this season.* The Rivers trade would suggest that.* We are actually loaded at LB right now without Kiwi.</p>

[/quote]</p>

I guess thats true, but even so, the advantages of having Osi for another year far outweighs the mystery of a 3rd rounder in the following year....</p>

[/quote]</p>

Putting the Osi crap aside, the football reality is this.</p>

When Osi takes the field on passing downs, he moves JPP out of position to left DE, where he's far less effective.* I'd much rather see JPP stay at right DE and use Kiwi in the rotation.* We will need another back up DE for the rotation but I don't think Osi has the impact you think.* At least not from here on out.</p>

I say deal Osi for the best pick we can get and free up $5MM in cap room.* That gives us more flexibility to sign guys to be role players. (which is exactly what we need).</p>[/quote]If Reese wanted to trade away Osi, it would of been best to do it during the draft. I have to agree with pizz, waiting a whole year to use a 2 or 3 rd draft pick doesnt make much sense. Hes worth much more than that. But then again, will Osi ball out for a new contract? or pout about he didnt get a new contract and give half assed efforts.
    [/quote]

I doubt it. I think the most we could of gotten for Osi at any point since this offseason began is from the Ravens and only because Suggs went down

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Rivers is an outside LB.* What the hell are you smoking?[/quote]</p>

OLB? i thought middle. either way, improving at LB is always something we need to try to do</p>

[/quote]</p>

No.* Rivers is an OLB.* Really he's a Will.* Although I suspect he'll be playing the SAM for us this season, with Boley at Will and Herz in the middle.</p>

Williams should also get plenty of playing time as well.* Really our LB situation is pretty good.* If Kiwi moves to DE, we still have a good group there.</p>[/quote]In other threads people were saying he would be playing the middle. He has the size.
    [/quote]

i think its possible and much mor realistic than Boley playing the middle like that article a few weeks ago suggested. I actually got into heated debates with some morons who tried telling me Boley is one of the best tacklers in the league

+ Reply to Thread