+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]Elis not done yet

Yea youre probably right about that, and like you said, even though a lot of people think his first superbowl was horrible, its irrelevant when/if hes in the running.
    [/quote]</P>

honestly, **** that whole train of thought....
    If I were a voter, I'd remember that....I'm a sports fan....I remember things...
    QBsshouldnt be measure so heavilyby superbowls in terms of them "being great", Trent Dilfer wasnt a great QB, hes not HOF caliber....</P>

I'd hope to think ppl are smarter than that...</P>

[/quote] Eli surely has a uphill battle because lets face ithe's a ****ing dork!! who was the last dork to inducted ?!? But I believe he will over come his dorkeyness with his great play that we all have witnessedand one day humbly except the honor ![/quote]</P>

1. "Dorkyness" is nothing the overcome. Its to be embraced.</P>

2. The "post and run" accusation of Matt was a riot Byron.</P>

You crack me up.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Btw-Lt's pipes are clean and free of the cancer. Scope pathology reports were stellar.[/quote] great news LT !! did it hurt!?!

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Yea youre probably right about that, and like you said, even though a lot of people think his first superbowl was horrible, its irrelevant when/if hes in the running.
    [/quote]</P>

If I were a voter, I'd remember that....I'm a sports fan....I remember things...
    QBsshouldnt be measure so heavilyby superbowls in terms of them "being great", Trent Dilfer wasnt a great QB, hes not HOF caliber....</P>

[/quote] Eli surely has a uphill battle because lets face ithe's a ****ing dork!! who was the last dork to inducted ?!? But I believeone dayhis dorkeyness will be embraced by all..Couple thatwith his great play, that we all have witnessed, heone day willhumbly except the honor ![/quote]</P>

1. "Dorkyness" is nothing the overcome. Its to be embraced.</P>

2. <FONT color=#0000ff>The "post and run" accusation of Matt was a riot Byron</FONT>.</P>

You crack me up.</P>

[/quote]</P>

edit: thanks mh...most of my magical wit goes unnoticed on these boards...I don't understand it! </P>

your right I fixed it ...lol......</P>

ha... sucks Matt had to get a real job ! </P>

but I'mreally happy for him !</P>

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]Big Ben said new offense is 90% different than old one.
    [/quote] thank god ben has his two rings - his defense is depleted and his stats are going to take a huge dump glad he got his HOF stuff in while he could[/quote]</P>

You think he's HOF caliber?
    To me, the first ring doesnt count. That was nothing Ben did.
    One thing he does have going for him is that he made it to 3 superbowls, so that helps his cause.

I just don't consider him the best at any one thing. I used to think it was his toughness, and ability to scramble and throw on the go,*but I definitely dont feel that way anymore</P>

oh and now, *the only thing I think about when people say Ben Roethlisberger....
    im like R A P I S T!!! I dont even think about him playing football....</P>

[/quote] whether you or i count it or not is irrelevent, when hes retired and they review his career they will count it[/quote]</P>

you think the voters are going to blindly say "yep 2 superbowls"? instead of saying that the Steelers won that years DESPITE Big Ben?
    I give them a little bit more credit than that.

It's not like we talk about Brad Johnson winning the superbowl with Tampa.....that was all defense like the Steelers.
    Idk, I'd just like to think that people see that kind of thing and actually think about it</P>[/quote]

combining stats, superbowls, and all time record

your being silly
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]Big Ben said new offense is 90% different than old one.
    [/quote] thank god ben has his two rings - his defense is depleted and his stats are going to take a huge dump glad he got his HOF stuff in while he could[/quote]</p>

You think he's HOF caliber?
    To me, the first ring doesnt count. That was nothing Ben did.
    One thing he does have going for him is that he made it to 3 superbowls, so that helps his cause.

I just don't consider him the best at any one thing. I used to think it was his toughness, and ability to scramble and throw on the go,*but I definitely dont feel that way anymore</p>[/quote]Ben is a very, very good qb, but not a* HOFer imo.
    [/quote]

it would be really hard to justify Eli as a HOF QB then[/quote]Elis not done yet

[/quote]

either is ben though...

and u guys know i'd def take Eli over Ben but thats not how it would be EVERY where else.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]it would be really hard to justify Eli as a HOF QB then[/quote]</p>

not even on the same level, matt....
    Eli in 07 played some of the cleanest football ever. It wasnt flashy or anything, but he was great.
    This year, he just picked defenses apart.
    Eli WON both Superbowls. He has both MVPs to prove it.

Roethlisberger has 2 rings and no SB MVP lol</p>[/quote]But there a lot of people (even Giants fans) that think Tuck should of won the MVP in 07. ****, I know people that think Tuck should of won it this year too (cough matt). However that is a good point about the no mvps for Ben.
    [/quote]

tuck balled the **** out in the superbowl

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Been away so let me settle a few arguments here.</P>

1. Hixon will be almost exclusively a ST player.* He might get some snaps at WR in 4 WR sets or if a guy gets hurt. (which always happens)** But he is a great gunner and will probably be our return guy as well for both KO's and punts.</P>

2.* Ben WAS having a better career than Eli until this past season.* 2 SB wins and another SB appearance.* He played one of the best games I even saw a QB play in SB 43 (Holmes getting the MVP was a joke).* He carried that team on his back.* The amount of plays he made on his own with no O line help was tremendous.</P>

Eli's stellar play in both the reg. season and the playoffs this season moved him on a level with Ben. (I'm talking about the entirety of their careers).</P>

If both their careers ended today they would not be HOF'rs but it looks very likely that they both will be HOF'rs if they continue on their current pace.</P>

Eli passed Rivers (actually left him in the dust) this past season.* If I were to bet though I would say that all 3 will end up in the Hall.</P>

3.* Tuck was the real MVP of SB 42.</P>

*</P>

Morehead has spoken.</P>

*</P>

P.S.* I'm very happy to hear about LT's colon.</P>[/quote]

i think Rivers career would have to take a tremendous turn to be in the HOF.

I don't think hes anywhere close.

[quote user="byron"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

QBs*shouldnt be measure so heavily*by superbowls in terms of them "being great", Trent Dilfer wasnt a great QB, hes not HOF caliber....</P>

[/quote]* Eli surely has a uphill battle because lets face it*he's a ****ing dork!! who was the last dork to inducted ?!? But I believe*one day*his dorkeyness will be embraced by all..Couple that*with his great play, that we all have witnessed*, he*one day will*humbly except the honor ![/quote]</P>

1. "Dorkyness" is nothing the overcome.* Its to be embraced.</P>

2. The "post and run" accusation of Matt was a riot Byron.</P>

You crack me up.</P>

[/quote] your right I fixed it ...lol......</P>

ha... sucks Matt had to get a real job ! </P>

but I'm*really happy for him !</P>[/quote]

i am still trying lol. It sucks i miss bull****ting all day

The Restaurant across the street had a lunch special; Philly Cheese Steak on homemade garlic bread.
    it was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaangin'!!!!!

They should have that on the menu everyday!!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Been away so let me settle a few arguments here.</P>

1. Hixon will be almost exclusively a ST player. He might get some snaps at WR in 4 WR sets or if a guy gets hurt. (which always happens) But he is a great gunner and will probably be our return guy as well for both KO's and punts.</P>

2. Ben WAS having a better career than Eli until this past season. 2 SB wins and another SB appearance. He played one of the best games I even saw a QB play in SB 43 (Holmes getting the MVP was a joke). He carried that team on his back. The amount of plays he made on his own with no O line help was tremendous.</P>

Eli's stellar play in both the reg. season and the playoffs this season moved him on a level with Ben. (I'm talking about the entirety of their careers).</P>

If both their careers ended today they would not be HOF'rs but it looks very likely that they both will be HOF'rs if they continue on their current pace.</P>

Eli passed Rivers (actually left him in the dust) this past season. If I were to bet though I would say that all 3 will end up in the Hall.</P>

3. Tuck was the real MVP of SB 42.</P>

</P>

Morehead has spoken.</P>

</P>

P.S. I'm very happy to hear about LT's colon.</P>

[/quote] i think Rivers career would have to take a tremendous turn to be in the HOF. I don't think hes anywhere close.[/quote]</P>

He will most likely end up with all time great stats (SB or not) His #'s will end up much better than Ben or Eli. But Ben and Eli will undoubtedly be better proven winners.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread