+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Eli sucks.</P>

</P>

Discuss.</P>

[/quote]Sucks the life out of Tom Brady.
    [/quote]</P>

ZINGGG!!!!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

This Osi fight is more fun than the Eli fight last season.</P>

(I am convinced that Eli reads my posts and found motivation from them to be the player that he has become)</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"]

This Osi fight is more fun than the Eli fight last season.</P>

(I am convinced that Eli reads my posts and found motivation from them to be the player that he has become)</P>

[/quote]</P>

Youre so delusional about Osi's place in the game....youkeep sayinghe's ONLY a backup...and youve said it so much that you actually believe it now.
    He would start on ANY team that didn't have Justin Tuck and JPP.

I really think youre spoiled to the point where you dont realize how lucky you are to have 3 awesome DEs on our team.
    Who cares if you don't like Osi....
    </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"]I've got a question, anyone know where I can get the actual play by play game broadcasts of the Giants playoff run? (Not the NFL Films edited stuff) one of my co-workers never got to see it he was away on a trip and didn't tape it.
    [/quote]Maybe Road to the superbowl? Did it come out yet?
    [/quote]

isn't it edited though, he just wants to watch the actual broadcasts not highlights.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"]I've got a question, anyone know where I can get the actual play by play game broadcasts of the Giants playoff run? (Not the NFL Films edited stuff) one of my co-workers never got to see it he was away on a trip and didn't tape it.
    [/quote]

isn't it edited though, he just wants to watch the actual broadcasts not highlights.
    [/quote]</P>

the Superbowl 42 DVD i have with my box set is like that, only the commercials are edited out, except the quality of the record is such ****...i have no idea why there was barely any production value in that thing. luckily it was free...so....</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

<FONT size=4>oh, and DO NOT buy the one that has the Lombardi trophy on the right, and the Nicks, Eli, and Cruz on the left and simply reads "Super Bowl XLVI Champions: 2011 New york Giants"
    That one is the one everyone complains about. just being a highlight reel...from the amazon review:</FONT>
    </P>
    <DIV class=drkgry>I've been duped into buying each of the Giants' last two Super Bowl winning seasons DVDs. NFL Films, thanks for taking my money while delivering a pedestrian, rushed-to-market product.

My chief complaint with this (and with the Super Bowl 42 DVD) is that the narration fails to TELL THE STORY of the season. It's hard to make this Giants campaign seem flavorless, but they did. The format of the film is such that they'll go over a few highlights of each game rather journalistically, move on to the next one, and lather, rinse, repeat. There is very little commentary and they barely put anything in context. How about beginning with the fact that the team was widely criticized for making no free agent impact, for allowing Steve Smith to slip to Philadelphia, to see Plax return with the Jets? How about mentioning the fact that each of Coughlin's eight seasons in New York have begun with a 5-2 or better record, and late season declines were a pattern that was on the minds of everyone when they seemed to begin another one? How about discussing the emergence of JPP, the contract dispute with Osi, or Justin Tuck's tumultuous season -- rife with personal lose and physical injury -- before returning to strengthen the defense down the stretch? Or Eli Manning's bounce back year, in which he defended his pre-season remarks and reversed a nasty turnover trend to throw a record-setting 15 TD passes in the fourth quarter? No, no mention of any of this. Instead, all you get is "Bradshaw ran for a TD... then Eli threw for one... the Giants won X to Y. The next week, Cruz had two TDs, Corey Webster had an INT, the Giants won X to Y..."

In fairness, the footage is pretty spectacular. Makes you wonder where it is when the officials don't have a good view on a replay review and the announcers are telling you "all they have is what you're seeing on your screen, folks."

The bottom line is, I get these DVDs so I can remember the finer points of a miraculous season and so that in 10, 20 years time, I can pop the DVD in and bring this season back to life. I seriously doubt that this product will serve that purpose. </DIV>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

What I might do, is go on SuperTorrents, where I get all my movies and tv shows, etc, and see what kind of TV rip they had of the Superbowl. The uploaders usually take out the commercials, and if there's a rip I can fit on a DVD, i might try myself to make my own

I'll let you know how that goes. Because regardless of which nfl film DVD you go with, i hear nothing but complaints about the quality of them.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1,&quot;tn&quot;:&quot;K&quo t;}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">For
    the second year in a row, the Senate unanimously rejected President
    Obama’s proposed budget that would have increased taxes and produced
    $6.4 trillion in new deficits by 2022, by a vote of 99-0. The House
    voted it down 414-0 in March.</span></h6>

</p>

well thats rather embarrassing
    </p>

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"]I've got a question, anyone know where I can get the actual play by play game broadcasts of the Giants playoff run? (Not the NFL Films edited stuff) one of my co-workers never got to see it he was away on a trip and didn't tape it.
    [/quote]

[/quote]</p>

the Superbowl 42 DVD i have with my box set is like that, only the commercials are edited out, except the quality of the record is such ****...i have no idea why there was barely any production value in that thing. luckily it was free...so....</p>[/quote]Yea Im almost positive all the plays are shown in the 07 dvd road to the superbowl.

All-Pro

[quote user="dezzzR"]<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1,&quot;tn&quot;:&quot;K&quo t;}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">For
    the second year in a row, the Senate unanimously rejected President
    Obama’s proposed budget that would have increased taxes and produced
    $6.4 trillion in new deficits by 2022, by a vote of 99-0. The House
    voted it down 414-0 in March.</span></h6>

</p>

well thats rather embarrassing
    </p>[/quote]

what is he doing proposing budgets in the first place, his background is supposed to be in constitutional law...not economics.

His bill increases spending and tries to make up for it by punishing everyone with taxes (weighted highly against the rich yes) and in the end even after the increase in taxes loses the country more money.

he's like a crazed spending maniac...he's trying to put rims and a wing on our country when we need a new engine.

the most ironic part is that his health care bill is getting overturned because it's going to be ruled unconstitutional by the court and he's supposed to be a professor of constitutional law...he's a hilarious failure....it would be humorous if it wasn't so god damned terrible for all of us.

+ Reply to Thread