+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]LT you might need to centralize your router, depending on where your users/PC's are located if your router is say on the 1st floor and you have a PC on the 3rd floor and opposing sides of the house for example your signal might cut out, you can centralize it for better performance think of the coverage as a sphere centered on the router, of course you could buy a better router too if you want.

personally at home I have a wireless router but I don't care much about it's placement I'm only 2 floors but also I hard wire ever PC anyhow because you just get better performance that way.
    [/quote]</P>

I cant effectively hardwire my PC and that drives me nuts. However, my wireless signal is very strong, and it wouldnt change anything anyway since TWC's internet ****ing sucks to begin with.
    God I hate cable companies so much...</P>[/quote]The first time I hardwired everything to a hub which was far better than using a router. Big advantage when working between to or three machines..you can move info from one machine to the othereasily... When the hub **** the bed I put in a router for the wireless option..With just my wife and I hear now we really don't need it....

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]You got time warner up there? huh...I figured you'd be comcast. Comcast is decent.[/quote]</P>

dude, if you saw the coverage map up here, its so ****ing stupid. You can have 1 road with TW service, and then the road over can have Cablevision. Comcast isn't as available, but some areas have it.
    But yes, literally, it's not even by town...its like these companies made their own zones.

Also, people can elect to have Verizon in some areas, except that my area has a 100 year no compete*contract. So it will never ever be available, despite the lines already being ran, and sitting waiting. gogogo freedom of choice..... =\</P>[/quote]ah man, that sucks....not as bad as Obama, but still sucks.

My parents are so unhappy with Verizon, I don't know if their arguments are valid, but Dad is getting nut's over it. lol

[quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]LT you might need to centralize your router, depending on where your users/PC's are located if your router is say on the 1st floor and you have a PC on the 3rd floor and opposing sides of the house for example your signal might cut out, you can centralize it for better performance think of the coverage as a sphere centered on the router, of course you could buy a better router too if you want.

personally at home I have a wireless router but I don't care much about it's placement I'm only 2 floors but also I hard wire ever PC anyhow because you just get better performance that way.
    [/quote]</P>

I cant effectively hardwire my PC and that drives me nuts. However, my wireless signal is very strong, and it wouldnt change anything anyway since TWC's internet ****ing sucks to begin with.
    God I hate cable companies so much...</P>[/quote]The first time I hardwired everything to a hub which was far better than using a router. Big advantage when working between to or three machines..you can move info from one machine to the other*easily... When the hub **** the bed I put in a router for the wireless option..With just my wife and I hear now we really don't need it....[/quote]Ah- yes. It's a nice conveniece to be able to grab a file from another machine or print to a network printer.

[quote user="lttaylor56"]ah man, that sucks....not as bad as Obama, but still sucks. My parents are so unhappy with Verizon, I don't know if their arguments are valid, but Dad is getting nut's over it. lol[/quote]</P>

their internet speeds are supposed to be the best around, according ppl around here who can have it.
    I dont really care about tv service, i dont watch much live tv outside of sports. Most of what i watch i have to download cuz i dont know when its on anyway...</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

I would choose to go gray if given the option.
    Instead im blessed with thin hair, and will likely have a nice receding hair soon =(</P>

going gray would be a blessing.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Gray is fine. Whiteesta no bueno. </P>

I keep some gray. Chicks dig it.</P>[/quote] I got plenty of gray going ....probably some white or mostly white... hell truth is I don't even care....Idk but I'm oldand I doubt a paint job will do much good....

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]ah man, that sucks....not as bad as Obama, but still sucks. My parents are so unhappy with Verizon, I don't know if their arguments are valid, but Dad is getting nut's over it. lol[/quote]</P>

their internet speeds are supposed to be the best around, according ppl around here who can have it.
    I dont really care about tv service, i dont watch much live tv outside of sports. Most of what i watch i have to download cuz i dont know when its on anyway...</P>[/quote]Their grip is with their phones. Verizon techs keep blaming old lines in their area and say they cannot get authorization to replace.

I'm having the most awesome back and forth with a Cowboys fan on Facebook.</P>

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb..._t=photo_reply</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

God I hate cable companies so much...</P>[/quote]The first time I hardwired everything to a hub which was far better than using a router. Big advantage when working between to or three machines..you can move info from one machine to the othereasily... When the hub **** the bed I put in a router for the wireless option..With just my wife and I hear now we really don't need it....[/quote]Ah- yes. It's a nice conveniece to be able to grab a file from another machine or print to a network printer.[/quote]There is a way to do it with a router by wireing in a remote hard drive that all themachines can see/access...send the info there and pick itup but I don't remember exactly what you need to do same with a printer

I paid a visit over to the Carolina panthers forum that I was checking out last year. They had that v-bulletin software that NYG boards were supp to be moving towards. Panthers changed their forum to
    Community Forum Software by IP.Board

It's still pretty nice.

[quote user="byron"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

God I hate cable companies so much...</P>[/quote]The first time I hardwired everything to a hub which was far better than using a router. Big advantage when working between to or three machines..you can move info from one machine to the other*easily... When the hub **** the bed I put in a router for the wireless option..With just my wife and I hear now we really don't need it....[/quote]Ah- yes. It's a nice conveniece to be able to grab a file from another machine or print to a network printer.[/quote]There is a way to do it with a router by wireing in a remote hard drive* that all the*machines can see/access...send the info there and pick it*up but I don't remember exactly what you need to do same with a printer[/quote]When I mess around with sharing/network prefs and "home groups" I am able to move files and print to remote printers thru the router too.I'm supp to be able to access this new router with the iphone to change settings. When would I ever need to do that? Idk.

+ Reply to Thread