+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lttaylor56"] Bud Light Platinum is the ****! Better taste than regular bud light and 6% alcohol. Anyone concur?[/quote]

I agree it's better then Bud light, it's better then most of the other light beers, but I wouldn't call it the ****.
    [/quote]</p>

The reason LT and Morehead are in such great shape is because we didn't drink the rot gut you guys drink when we were your age.</p>

Hahahaha!!!</p>[/quote]

when I'm going to drink a lot I usually drink Miller lite (96 calories:P), but when I want to enjoy my beer there is actually a vast collection of beers I've tried that I draw from (over 350 different ones) Allagash White to this day is still one of my favorites and it's not too uncommon either, I generally like most belgian whites.

Right now I have a growler of Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA in my fridge straight from the brewery.

I think beers like Miller Light/Bud Light and even Platinum are "rot gut" compared to most of the beers I genuinely enjoy.

that said I kill my stomach liver and general health with the whiskey/vodka/grain alcohol and the other hard stuff I drink :P
    [/quote]

its summer time, u should be stocking up wiht Summer Ale[/quote]Sam Summer is def delicious, but you should be restocking on these

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO</P>

morning, *****es</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"][/quote]</P>

hey LT...I dont recall if we've discuss thised or not, or if you ever brought it up(I feel like someone mentioned it on here once), but last week I watched "Bigger Stronger, Faster", the documentary exploring steroid use in gyms and athletics.
    It followed the lives of the 3 Bell brothers....coincidentally from Poughkeepsie, and they went to my high school (i had no idea).

IT WAS AN AWESOME DOCUMENTARY, and i recommend it to everyone. Not as a propganda piece or anything, because it's not...but it's just extremely interesting. I don't want to spew information about it, cuz I'd ruin it I'm sure.</P>[/quote]Yes, you remember our conversations well, JP. That is an excellent documentary which gives a good view of amatuer powerlifting. Of course, there's drug free and steroid enhanced federations and those guy's chose to do the steroids. If I recall it was very interesting when they interviewed the european dr(scientist) and reported on all the research on the controversey based on their studies of steroids having harmful effects on athletes. It makes you think.

There is still not enough concrete evidence that proves to me if I took the stuff that it would not complicate my health at an older age or reduce my life with some issues. Risk vs benefit never added up for me personally, but to each their own.

Glad you got to see it. Do the Bell brother's have any bench press or deadlift gym records from your school?

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

hey LT...I dont recall if we've discuss thised or not, or if you ever brought it up(I feel like someone mentioned it on here once), but last week I watched "Bigger Stronger, Faster", the documentary exploring steroid use in gyms and athletics.
    It followed the lives of the 3 Bell brothers....coincidentally from Poughkeepsie, and they went to my high school (i had no idea).

IT WAS AN AWESOME DOCUMENTARY, and i recommend it to everyone. Not as a propganda piece or anything, because it's not...but it's just extremely interesting. I don't want to spew information about it, cuz I'd ruin it I'm sure.</P>[/quote]Yes, you remember our conversations well, JP. That is an excellent documentary which gives a good view of amatuer powerlifting. Of course, there's drug free and steroid enhanced federations and those guy's chose to do the steroids. If I recall it was very interesting when they interviewed the european dr(scientist) and reported on all the research on the controversey based on their studies of steroids having harmful effects on athletes. It makes you think.

There is still not enough concrete evidence that proves to me if I took the stuff that it would not complicate my health at an older age or reduce my life with some issues. Risk vs benefit never added up for me personally, but to each their own.

Glad you got to see it. Do the Bell brother's have any bench press or deadlift gym records from your school?[/quote]

that was a great documentry

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

IT WAS AN AWESOME DOCUMENTARY, and i recommend it to everyone. Not as a propganda piece or anything, because it's not...but it's just extremely interesting. I don't want to spew information about it, cuz I'd ruin it I'm sure.</P>

[/quote]Yes, you remember our conversations well, JP. That is an excellent documentary which gives a good view of amatuer powerlifting. Of course, there's drug free and steroid enhanced federations and those guy's chose to do the steroids. If I recall it was very interesting when they interviewed the european dr(scientist) and reported on all the research on the controversey based on their studies of steroids having harmful effects on athletes. It makes you think. There is still not enough concrete evidence that proves to me if I took the stuff that it would not complicate my health at an older age or reduce my life with some issues. Risk vs benefit never added up for me personally, but to each their own. Glad you got to see it. <FONT color=#0000ff>Do the Bell brother's have any bench press or deadlift gym records from your school</FONT>?[/quote]</P>

no idea. that's not really a thing in our area. not that I know of anyway.

We're a soccer town....soccer school.
    Handful of my current friends were ranked nationally on our high school soccer team .I think we were ranked 3rd or 4th in the country that year.
    And when my brother was a Junior on the soccer team, they were ranked 9th in the country. </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Speaking of working out....I'm starting another gym renovation today on a different section of the room. I had to move all my NYG full size helmets and stuff out of one bookshelf last night that was in front of the wall I want to work on.

Plan is to build out framing so that sheetrock will cover exposed lalli column support. Next build a sophet that will enclose(box in) all plumbing pipes leading upstairs and a pvc waste line -plus cat 5's, electric, cable, etc above the wall.

Once that's done, I'll change the ceiling lighting to 3 or 4 recessed lights and then finish the exposed ceiling.

Then an elliptical is going to go in under the new sophet/next to wall. a Flat screen tv on wall across from machine will replace the 15 yr old tv I have in there presently.

Then when everyone in the family used the elliptical they will be able to enjoy all the NYG memmorabilia and bask in the glow of all LT's powerlifting awards. Then have no idea how fortunate they are, I don't let just anyone in my gym. lol

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

IT WAS AN AWESOME DOCUMENTARY, and i recommend it to everyone. Not as a propganda piece or anything, because it's not...but it's just extremely interesting. I don't want to spew information about it, cuz I'd ruin it I'm sure.</P>

[/quote]Yes, you remember our conversations well, JP. That is an excellent documentary which gives a good view of amatuer powerlifting. Of course, there's drug free and steroid enhanced federations and those guy's chose to do the steroids. If I recall it was very interesting when they interviewed the european dr(scientist) and reported on all the research on the controversey based on their studies of steroids having harmful effects on athletes. It makes you think. There is still not enough concrete evidence that proves to me if I took the stuff that it would not complicate my health at an older age or reduce my life with some issues. Risk vs benefit never added up for me personally, but to each their own. Glad you got to see it. <FONT color=#0000ff>Do the Bell brother's have any bench press or deadlift gym records from your school</FONT>?[/quote]</P>

no idea. that's not really a thing in our area. not that I know of anyway.

We're a soccer town....soccer school.
    Handful of my current friends were ranked nationally on our high school soccer team .I think we were ranked 3rd or 4th in the country that year.
    And when my brother was a Junior on the soccer team, they were ranked 9th in the country. </P>[/quote]I have a lot of respect for soccer players. I used to watch these brazilian guys play on my lunch hours when I was in Ridgefield. I don't know how they do what they do with their bodies to hit the ball. The inverted up in the air stuff is amazing, and the moving forward , then cutting backward and shooting thing is wild.

MMB--Hows the new job? Are you connecting via desktop or phone?

Good luck with the ponies! Is that this weekend?

Anyone doing anything good this weekend??

[quote user="dezzzR"]Anyone doing anything good this weekend??
    [/quote]</P>

got a kegger/bbq tmrw, and then every sunday i have everyone over to my house to use the pool. a little "sunday funday"...nurse our hangovers by the pool.......uhh by drinking more and getting wasted? seems legit lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread