+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"][/quote]</p>

hey LT...I dont recall if we've discuss thised or not, or if you ever brought it up(I feel like someone mentioned it on here once), but last week I watched "Bigger Stronger, Faster", the documentary exploring steroid use in gyms and athletics.
    It followed the lives of the 3 Bell brothers....coincidentally from Poughkeepsie, and they went to my high school (i had no idea).

IT WAS AN AWESOME DOCUMENTARY, and i recommend it to everyone. Not as a propganda piece or anything, because it's not...but it's just extremely interesting. I don't want to spew information about it, cuz I'd ruin it I'm sure.</p>

[/quote]Yes, you remember our conversations well, JP. That is an excellent documentary which gives a good view of amatuer powerlifting. Of course, there's drug free and steroid enhanced federations and those guy's chose to do the steroids. If I recall it was very interesting when they interviewed the european dr(scientist) and reported on all the research on the controversey based on their studies of steroids having harmful effects on athletes. It makes you think. There is still not enough concrete evidence that proves to me if I took the stuff that it would not complicate my health at an older age or reduce my life with some issues. Risk vs benefit never added up for me personally, but to each their own. Glad you got to see it. <font color="#0000ff">Do the Bell brother's have any bench press or deadlift gym records from your school</font>?[/quote]</p>

no idea. that's not really a thing in our area. not that I know of anyway.

We're a soccer town....soccer school.
    Handful of my current friends were ranked nationally on our high school soccer team .I think we were ranked 3rd or 4th in the country that year.
    And when my brother was a Junior on the soccer team, they were ranked 9th in the country. </p>[/quote]I have a lot of respect for soccer players. I used to watch these brazilian guys play on my lunch hours when I was in Ridgefield. I don't know how they do what they do with their bodies to hit the ball. The inverted up in the air stuff is amazing, and the moving forward , then cutting backward and shooting thing is wild.[/quote]Psh, soccer is a joke.* REAL men play football and hockey not futbol
    [/quote]ha, I guess what I should of said is I cannot do what those soccer guy's do. There is one soccer player who is bad *** though.....The guy who played the soccer hooligan leader in Eurotrip.

Mondaayy Mondayyy......

The "moral outrage" some posters have over the Deihl thing is a disgrace.
    Get well soon 80.

<U>Lawrence Taylor Dominates The Eagles in Week 6 of the 1986 Season</U></P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKYqFwQx8lA</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="Morehead State"]The "moral outrage" some posters have over the Deihl thing is a disgrace.[/quote]Seriously. I dont think its a "mistake" like some are claiming either. You dont mistakenly get into the car and start driving while drunk. A mistake is when you dont know you are doing wrong. He screwed up, own up to it and move on. No big deal.

[quote user="ny06"]

<u>Lawrence Taylor Dominates The Eagles in Week 6 of the 1986 Season</u></p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKYqFwQx8lA</p>[/quote]1:13 Iv noticed Tuck doing this much more than usual last year. I like it.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]The "moral outrage" some posters have over the Deihl thing is a disgrace.[/quote] yeah no doubt this place is infested with idiots

[quote user="Kase-1"]Psh, soccer is a joke. REAL men play football and hockey not futbol
    [/quote]</P>

hahaha.
    Kase, while I do respect your opinions, I'm going to have to disagree with you here.
    There are very few professional athletes in the big 4 sports who can do what soccer players can endurance wise. So for that, i give them alot of props.
    Even in my best shape as a kid, my younger brother would run circles around me due to soccer player fitness lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="byron"][quote user="Morehead State"]The "moral outrage" some posters have over the Deihl thing is a disgrace.[/quote] yeah no doubt this place is infested with idiots[/quote]</P>

MH I like how you used the term "moral outrage", because people get so bent over lapses in judgement, and they start with their holier-than-thou speeches.It's not a situation where a guy is fighting what happened....it was a stupid decision, and he owned up to it. MOVE ALONG!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"][quote user="Morehead State"]The "moral outrage" some posters have over the Deihl thing is a disgrace.[/quote] yeah no doubt this place is infested with idiots[/quote]</P>

MH I like how you used the term "moral outrage", because people get so bent over lapses in judgement, and they start with their holier-than-thou speeches.It's not a situation where a guy is fighting what happened....it was a stupid decision, and he owned up to it. MOVE ALONG!</P>

[/quote]</P>

All of the sudden DD is a "disgrace to the organization"...Get real people. It was a terrible decision and thats not in dispute.</P>

But the hyperbole being used against DD is rediculous. I hate to say it but we've all done it. We've all (because when you're drunk, by definition you have less judgement) had too many drinks and then drove home.</P>

Sorry...I guess we're all disgraces to the Giants fan base.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread