+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Did someone say Pat's added ballard to Hernandez and Gronk for their TE squad. ?[/quote]</P>

yea claimed him off waivers for some reason. he wont play this year though so...</P>

</P>

[/quote]

Belichick is sick of losing to use in the superbowl, he's trying to gain some insight on our team :P
    [/quote]</P>

yea, earlier this morning while arguing with Dezz i said i thought it might be some kind of head game/power move</P>

[/quote]</P>

I doubt it. The have to pay his salary this year and he's not expected to play. They also have his right in 2013 at $660,000 or so. (This season is between $500 and $600M)</P>

Doubt they would be willing to do that in order to play "head games".</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Did someone say Pat's added ballard to Hernandez and Gronk for their TE squad. ?[/quote]</P>

yea claimed him off waivers for some reason. he wont play this year though so...</P>

</P>

[/quote]

Belichick is sick of losing to use in the superbowl, he's trying to gain some insight on our team :P
    [/quote]</P>

yea, earlier this morning while arguing with Dezz i said i thought it might be some kind of head game/power move</P>

[/quote]</P>

I doubt it. The have to pay his salary this year and he's not expected to play. They also have his right in 2013 at $660,000 or so. (This season is between $500 and $600M)</P>

[/quote]</P>

i didnt say it was smart....</P>

lol</P>

but come on, lets be honest. the pats dont need a TE for anything more than league minimum....</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]

</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

i didnt say it was smart....</P>

lol</P>

but come on, lets be honest. the pats dont need a TE for anything more than league minimum....</P>

[/quote]</P>

Its not an unreasonable conclusion. I'm just saying that given Ballard's situation, its unlikely. They also signed Bo Scaife and I think one other TE too.</P>

Don't know what they are thinking, but I doubt its to play head games with us. Plus BB has too much respect for TC and the Giants organization.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Did someone say Pat's added ballard to Hernandez and Gronk for their TE squad. ?[/quote]</p>

yea claimed him off waivers for some reason. he wont play this year though so...</p>

</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

yea, earlier this morning while arguing with Dezz i said i thought it might be some kind of head game/power move</p>

[/quote]</p>

I doubt it. The have to pay his salary this year and he's not expected to play. They also have his right in 2013 at $660,000 or so. (This season is between $500 and $600M)</p>

Doubt they would be willing to do that in order to play "head games".</p>

[/quote]</p>

i didnt say it was smart....</p>

lol</p>

but come on, lets be honest. the pats dont need a TE for anything more than league minimum....</p>

[/quote]</p>

Its not an unreasonable conclusion. I'm just saying that given Ballard's situation, its unlikely. They also signed Bo Scaife and I think one other TE too.</p>

Don't know what they are thinking, but I doubt its to play head games with us. Plus BB has too much respect for TC and the Giants organization.</p>[/quote]

When we had Osi and Stray it seemed crazy to get Tuck (and Mathias and even JPP) but that seemed to turn out pretty well....can never have too many DE's right?

maybe their motto is can never have too many TE's :P

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Don't know what they are thinking, but I doubt its to play head games with us. Plus BB has too much respect for TC and the Giants organization.</P>

[/quote]</P>

He's 1-3 his last 5 seasons against us </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    When we had Osi and Stray it seemed crazy to get Tuck (and Mathias and even JPP) but that seemed to turn out pretty well....can never have too many DE's right?

[/quote]</P>

ya know...i never actually thought about that when we drafted Tuck....except maybe that Strahan wasnt going to be around forever</P>

But yea when we got JPP, i also thought it was a strange 1st round pick....in retrospec...I think it was AWESOME!!!! HAHA</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]In the eyes of haters.
    [/quote]</p>

I dont know why it would make someone a hater to know that he's not used in our offense. It's fairly obvious.</p>

[/quote]Well the Pats just snagged Ballard. You never know. Granted he may not be that great at blocking, but hes a VERSATILE receiver. The better question to ask is, WHO ELSE?
    [/quote]</p>

</p>

and ur basing this on that one TD catch?</p>

</p>

whats versatile about him? they try to get a LBer on him because of speed. Safteys and corners can make up in the size advantage because <u>hes cream filled</u></p>

[/quote]Nope, a few big first downs in 2010 and the big td. He can play the slot, our outside. He burned a db on the td vs GB. Hes a decent back up people, let it go and accept it.
    [/quote]</p>

</p>

<u>"slot" and "outside" is meaningless in all reality</u></p>

</p>

<u>the only time he is effective is if we can motion to have a linebacker on him in man and then MAYBE he could be effective.</u></p>

</p>

He is pretty brutal otherwise </p>[/quote]Why??? Iv seen him line up at both......
    Thats simply not true because he scored a 70 something yard td with a db on him.

Lets make this easier. Who would you rather back up Bennett and Pachcoe?

Robinson? He hasnt even practiced one snap with the team yet
    [/quote]

lol peprah tripped when they got tangled up. stop it.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]

[/quote]</p>

ya know...i never actually thought about that when we drafted Tuck....except maybe that Strahan wasnt going to be around forever</p>

But yea when we got JPP, i also thought it was a strange 1st round pick....in retrospec...I think it was AWESOME!!!! HAHA</p>[/quote]

tuck was also a third rounder

i dont think the plan was to replace Strahan with a 3rd orunder
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

First of all, everyone needs to stop trying to flatter themselves by saying this is some kind of ploy against the Giants. The Ballard thing is nothing more than a possible great deal for a great 3rd TE for next year...Nothing more, nuthin less....

All-Pro

[quote user="patsrule666"]First of all, everyone needs to stop trying to flatter themselves by saying this is some kind of ploy against the Giants. The Ballard thing is nothing more than a possible great deal for a great 3rd TE for next year...Nothing more, nuthin less....[/quote]

I honestly believe it's incredibly unlikely that that's all this was.

+ Reply to Thread