+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]In the eyes of haters.
    [/quote]</p>

I dont know why it would make someone a hater to know that he's not used in our offense. It's fairly obvious.</p>

[/quote]Well the Pats just snagged Ballard. You never know. Granted he may not be that great at blocking, but hes a VERSATILE receiver. The better question to ask is, WHO ELSE?
    [/quote]</p>

</p>

and ur basing this on that one TD catch?</p>

</p>

whats versatile about him? they try to get a LBer on him because of speed. Safteys and corners can make up in the size advantage because <u>hes cream filled</u></p>

[/quote]Nope, a few big first downs in 2010 and the big td. He can play the slot, our outside. He burned a db on the td vs GB. Hes a decent back up people, let it go and accept it.
    [/quote]</p>

</p>

<u>"slot" and "outside" is meaningless in all reality</u></p>

</p>

<u>the only time he is effective is if we can motion to have a linebacker on him in man and then MAYBE he could be effective.</u></p>

</p>

He is pretty brutal otherwise </p>[/quote]Why??? Iv seen him line up at both......
    Thats simply not true because he scored a 70 something yard td with a db on him.

Lets make this easier. Who would you rather back up Bennett and Pachcoe?

Robinson? He hasnt even practiced one snap with the team yet
    [/quote]

lol peprah tripped when they got tangled up. stop it.
    [/quote]its almost sad how hard you are trying matt. They didnt get "tangled up". The db put his hand on Beckum and he slapped it away, throwing him a bit off balance. lol The db still got burnt by a TE.
    Again, Who do you think wold be a better back up.....

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

All-Pro

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="patsrule666"]First of all, everyone needs to stop trying to flatter themselves by saying this is some kind of ploy against the Giants. The Ballard thing is nothing more than a possible great deal for a great 3rd TE for next year...Nothing more, nuthin less....[/quote]

I honestly believe it's incredibly unlikely that that's all this was.
    [/quote] Yeahit was a calculated movewhere all thingswere thought about...the fact that Ballard was a decent player brings justification for the move but it also covers up any underlying motives.....he was a player the Giants wanted to keep and they/ BBknew it....sorry but nothing more nothing less doesn't quite fit but hey the Giants gambled and lost.....I feel bad for Ballard he has to try and fit in with the Pats while sitting out the year a team he played a part in beating in the SB.....whatever.... **** moves all around for him....he wanted to stay a Giant......1/2 mil should help tho

[quote user="byron"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="patsrule666"]First of all, everyone needs to stop trying to flatter themselves by saying this is some kind of ploy against the Giants. The Ballard thing is nothing more than a possible great deal for a great 3rd TE for next year...Nothing more, nuthin less....[/quote]

[/quote] Yeah*it was a calculated move*where all things*were thought about...the fact that Ballard was a decent player brings justification for the move but it also covers up any underlying motives.....he was a player the Giants wanted to keep and they/ BB*knew it....sorry but nothing more nothing less doesn't quite fit but hey the Giants gambled and lost.....I feel bad for Ballard he has to try and fit in with the Pats while sitting out the year a team he played a part in beating in the SB.....whatever.... **** moves all around for him....he wanted to stay a Giant......1/2 mil should help tho[/quote] He will become a much better blocking tight end and would fit in perfectly with our team. If this was done to the Jets, Bills, or Dolphins i would lean toward what everybody is saying. We have far too much to worry about in the AFC. The Giants are much farther in BB's mind than you guys think...

[quote user="patsrule666"][quote user="byron"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="patsrule666"]First of all, everyone needs to stop trying to flatter themselves by saying this is some kind of ploy against the Giants. The Ballard thing is nothing more than a possible great deal for a great 3rd TE for next year...Nothing more, nuthin less....[/quote]

[/quote] Yeahit was a calculated movewhere all thingswere thought about...the fact that Ballard was a decent player brings justification for the move but it also covers up any underlying motives.....he was a player the Giants wanted to keep and they/ BBknew it....sorry but nothing more nothing less doesn't quite fit but hey the Giants gambled and lost.....I feel bad for Ballard he has to try and fit in with the Pats while sitting out the year a team he played a part in beating in the SB.....whatever.... **** moves all around for him....he wanted to stay a Giant......1/2 mil should help tho[/quote] He will become a much better blocking tight end and would fit in perfectly with our team. If this was done to the Jets, Bills, or Dolphins i would lean toward what everybody is saying. We have far too much to worry about in the AFC. The Giants are much farther in BB's mind than you guys think...[/quote]</P>

I dont have that much of an opinion on the matter.....but, the pats had better options for backup TEs at the same price at their disposal if they wanted, lol......
    I like Ballard....but he's nothing special other than a tough SOB who had surprisingly good hands for us. it's just hard to believe that new england was like "What?!? Ballard was waived?!? HURRY! CLAIM HIM!! WE MUST HAVE HIM!!!"
    yea i dont buy it....not for a guy who cant even play this year, no way.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

oh, btw....i think it might be Bellichik' way of "getting back at us" or something....not so much that he wants to use ballard against us.
    Like, we would have obviously taken Ballard back. if i am thinking about this correctly, it's kind of like the scenario where we waived Hixon a few years ago, and let him clear before we picked him back up. Right?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1,&quot;tn&quot;:&quot;K&quo t;}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">Gilbride on David Wilson: "I don't know if we've ever had a guy so explosive, regardless of the position, here."</span></h6>

[quote user="JPizzack"]oh, btw....i think it might be Bellichik' way of "getting back at us" or something....not so much that he wants to use ballard against us.
    Like, we would have obviously taken Ballard back. if i am thinking about this correctly, it's kind of like the scenario where we waived Hixon a few years ago, and let him clear before we picked him back up. Right?[/quote]</P>

Unless we meet in the SB, we won't see them for 4 more years.</P>

I think thats a tad far fetched Pizzey.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="JPizzack"]oh, btw....i think it might be Bellichik' way of "getting back at us" or something....not so much that he wants to use ballard against us.
    Like, we would have obviously taken Ballard back. if i am thinking about this correctly, it's kind of like the scenario where we waived Hixon a few years ago, and let him clear before we picked him back up. Right?[/quote]</P>

Unless we meet in the SB, we won't see them for 4 more years.</P>

I think thats a tad far fetched Pizzey.</P>

[/quote]</P>

youre missing the point....i said it wasnt for "insider info", im saying he might be just being spiteful. it's not far fetched.
    I KNOW there's no reason for him to use ballard for playbook information, because it's not necessary. You don't think after 3 embarassing losses to the Giants in a row, that the Pats arent a little bitter?
    I don't personally care....I dont have anything against the Patriots really. I'm just saying it's possible.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I dont see BB being that petty and spiteful.

[quote user="dezzzR"]I dont see BB being that petty and spiteful.
    [/quote]</P>

he looks the part though, doesnt he? haha</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread