+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

The Morehead hate was so bad I just noticed that they locked the thread out.</P>

I think I've proven my point about the "Eli Cultists". Even when I have a little fun at their expense, I am called every name in the book. The list is too long to show here.</P>

In other words, if you express your view that our SB win was a team win, and not the win of a one man team, you are lamb basted by the kooks.</P>

I was actually surprised how bad it was. Sometimes human beings blow.</P>

Without sarcasm, I am truly depressed by it.</P>

[/quote]You were just flat out owned in your own thread. Thats the real reason youre depressed. I even agree with you to an extent about the team winning the sb. Like the Williams fumbled, Blackburns 2 ff and fumble recovery, his 2 ints. There are multiple examples. But Eli was the "key", like you said, he made it all work, especially during the regular season.

It pisses me off were arguing over just how good Eli is, and not how bad The Giants defense was and ways the Giants should fix it.
    [/quote]</P>

Then you have no understanding about what the point was. My problem is not Eli. Eli is a top 5 QB. My problem is that in the mind of the Cultist, if you say anything that they can twist into a threat to Eli's pure greatness, they jump down your throat.</P>

For instance, I mentioned that I thought JPP was one of the best defensive players in the NFL, and this dope buffyblue responds byt telling me to stay on the Eli hate wagon. In his mind, my complimenting JPP, somehow suggests that I think Eli is not the best player on the team. If I say that the defense played well in the playoffs, in thier minds I am saying that Eli isn't the sole reason we won the SB.</P>

I even said that I thought Ben and Eli were at the same level, and then talked about why I thought Ben was a great player. That somehow in their minds is Eli hate even though I just said that Eli was on the same level as a great player in my view.</P>

I mean its nuts the way these people think.</P>

[/quote]

(I can't believe they locked your thread.)

I found it interesting how some were saying it's technology and not the individual that behaves in this (cultist) manner. I've never seen any other player propped up like this. It's truly amazing to see the sensitivity surrounding this guy. Nothing will satisfy them unless you believe he's the second coming.
    [/quote]</P>

You get it Rosie. You know what it is out there. Its not about Eli at all. We all love Eli and are glad he's our QB. But you and I knowthats not enough for them.</P>

[/quote]

Exactly. They take everything about Eli way too personally. It seems a bit unhealthy. It's like they have this connection and deep-seeded inferiority complex - one which I don't recall ever seeing before over an athlete. I mean we are not talking about a player like Wayne Gretzky or Michael Jordon here.

I thought you made a great point about LT. We knew what we had in LT. We knew he made everyone around him better. But that didn't diminish the effort of his teammates or our appreciation for them.

These Giants, under Tom Coughlin, preach a team approach. But for whatever reason some of Eli's fans have stronger feelings for him over our team.
    [/quote]</P>

Its actually a strange vibe from them. Its almost as if they have to make the case that the rest of the team sucks, in order to prop up Eli.</P>

WellI have bad news for them. The rest of our team doesn't suck. I've read posts from guys who complain that JR is always up against the cap. The reason for that is that we have a lot of really good players.</P>

[/quote]first let me say I like Eli and have said in the past he will become the greatest Giant QB of all time before he is done here....But we got a lot of great play from more than just a few Giant playerslast year...Also I expect great play from from a guy getting payed a 100mil plus...I'll leave it at that</P>

There is a god damn big picture when it come to looking at last yearsGiants football...I find it totally ridiculous totry and put the seasons successon one guys play its just plain ludacris...imo its everybody and we have a lot of damn good players on this team not to mention great management/coaching....</P>

History is what it is you can't change it with what ifs ...we won the ****ing SB and it took every ****ing playfor every ****ing player</P>

This board is polar big time and to be honest I don't care for it more often than not discussions thatstart out ok ture into name callingpissing matches...Some time I can read the **** and sometimes I can't ....The Eli stuff is just plain****ing old....I'm sorry</P>

I'mnot trying totell any one how to post around here or what to post... knock yourself out...thats what MB's are for... right? sorry for the rant and forbeing a bit of a party pooper...<SPAN class=st>Antagonism is hostility that results in active resistance.... I not a fan</SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=st>I'm outta here</SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=st></SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=st>edit: I will say this tho the stupid ****s let themselfs get trolled every time...crazy</SPAN></P>

[quote user="byron"]first let me say I like Eli and have said in the past he will become the greatest Giant QB of all time before he is done here....But we got a lot of great play from more than just a few Giant playerslast year...Also I expect great play from from a guy getting payed a 100mil plus...I'll leave it at that

There is a god damn big picture when it come to looking at last yearsGiants football...I find it totally ridiculous totry and put the seasons successon one guys play its just plain ludacris...imo its everybody and we have a lot of damn good players on this team not to mention great management/coaching....</P>

History is what it is you can't change it with what ifs ...we won the ****ing SB and it took every ****ing playfor every ****ing player</P>

This board is polar big time and to be honest I don't care for it more often than not discussions thatstart out ok ture into name callingpissing matches...Some time I can read the **** and sometimes I can't ....The Eli stuff is just plain****ing old....I'm sorry</P>

I'mnot trying totell any one how to post around here or what to post... knock yourself out...thats what MB's are for... right? sorry for the rant and forbeing a bit of a party pooper...<SPAN class=st>Antagonism is hostility that results in active resistance.... I not a fan</SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=st>I'm outta here</SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=st></SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=st>edit: I will say this tho the stupid ****s let themselfs get trolled every time...crazy</SPAN></P>

[/quote]</P>

hahahahaha I love Byron posts!!!
    </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

Honestly Morehead, I didn't read your newest thread that got locked but you've always (since he was drafted) had a little Eli hate in you, I think you are the type that "accepts" that he's good now...after he's won 2 SB's and put up good numbers for a few years running, so some of the others are annoyed that it took you so long to come around....but that's your prerogative.

[quote user="DavenIII"]Honestly Morehead, I didn't read your newest thread that got locked but you've always (since he was drafted) had a little Eli hate in you, I think you are the type that "accepts" that he's good now...after he's won 2 SB's and put up good numbers for a few years running, so some of the others are annoyed that it took you so long to come around....but that's your prerogative.

[/quote]</P>

I agree....I also always thought that's what MH felt....
    But in this EXACT situation, he's right that people tend to go off the deep end with this whole "ALL ELI" act....I don't get it. It's kind of disprectful to the team.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]Honestly Morehead, I didn't read your newest thread that got locked but you've always (since he was drafted) had a little Eli hate in you, I think you are the type that "accepts" that he's good now...after he's won 2 SB's and put up good numbers for a few years running, so some of the others are annoyed that it took you so long to come around....but that's your prerogative.

[/quote]</p>

But in this EXACT situation, he's right that people tend to go off the deep end with this whole "ALL ELI" act....I don't get it. It's kind of disprectful to the team.</p>[/quote]

it's TAGF people always go off the deep end (I assume, that's how it used to be at least lol) obviously Football is a team sport and without the team to back you it's impossible to win, look at the LeBron, even as great as he is he needed to move to Miami to win one (they've pretty much won at this point)

If you asked me who was the best player or the most important player to the giants the answer is without a doubt Eli....but without a supporting cast no one can win the SB....no one.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

But in this EXACT situation, he's right that people tend to go off the deep end with this whole "ALL ELI" act....I don't get it. It's kind of disprectful to the team.</P>

[/quote]

it's TAGF people always go off the deep end (I assume, that's how it used to be at least lol) obviously Football is a team sport and without the team to back you it's impossible to win, look at the LeBron, even as great as he is he needed to move to Miami to win one (they've pretty much won at this point)

If you asked me who was the best player or the most important player to the giants the answer is without a doubt Eli....but without a supporting cast no one can win the SB....no one.
    [/quote]</P>

agree with all that also...</P>

but **** lebron, he's a POS</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[/quote]MH is a known instigator around here, so of course if he says something controversial, hes going to get plenty of blowback

**** this swamp *** weather already. Ughhh

[quote user="dezzzR"]**** this swamp *** weather already. Ughhh
    [/quote]</P>

yea dude.....the air is thick enough to cut with a knife. it's disgusting. luckily I'll be inside for all but 30 misn of my day, and then it's POOL TIME!!! </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Espn is unbearable during the nba playoffs. Its the only sport they talk about. And now im not sure who I hate more, Stephen A Smith or Skip

+ Reply to Thread