+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Regardless... I reject the notion that I've ever been anti-Eli. As I said, I was down on him for his poor 2010 and with the exception for a game here or there (like the Buffalo game 2007) I've been a big Eli supporter. </p>[/quote]

You've always been a "Giants" supporter...you'll support anyone on the team (and that's a good thing) but there are a few (very few) of us that have "truly" always had faith in Eli the player, now some people are jumping on the bandwagon and some people take to far (in fact it's probably most right now) but as far as the "support" you had for Eli...I don't know, I just remember having to defend him against you many many times, I don't know if you consider me a cultist (you've said it to me before but I don't think you really believe it) I think you know I understand it takes the whole team....but I mean if i remember having to defend Eli against you many times over the years and now you are calling yourself a big "eli" supporter it doesn't sit right....you've supported him simply because he was the NYG QB, not because he was Eli Manning....which is fine....but it's not being an Eli supporter.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Regardless... I reject the notion that I've ever been anti-Eli. As I said, I was down on him for his poor 2010 and with the exception for a game here or there (like the Buffalo game 2007) I've been a big Eli supporter. </P>

[/quote]

You've always been a "Giants" supporter...you'll support anyone on the team (and that's a good thing) but there are a few (very few) of us that have "truly" always had faith in Eli the player, now some people are jumping on the bandwagon and some people take to far (in fact it's probably most right now) but as far as the "support" you had for Eli...I don't know, I just remember having to defend him against you many many times, I don't know if you consider me a cultist (you've said it to me before but I don't think you really believe it) I think you know I understand it takes the whole team....but I mean if i remember having to defend Eli against you many times over the years and now you are calling yourself a big "eli" supporter it doesn't sit right....you've supported him simply because he was the NYG QB, not because he was Eli Manning....which is fine....but it's not being an Eli supporter.
    [/quote]</P>

No Daven. A "Cultist" is not someone who loves Eli unconditionally. Thats just an Eli fan. It like me an Phil Simms. A Cultist is someone who considers anyone who doesn't worship at the altar of Eli, an "Eli hater".</P>

So if I think he's a very good QB, even a great QB, but point out any flaws or suggest that there are other QB's who are better, then I am damned to rot in "Eli hater hell".</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    You've always been a "Giants" supporter...you'll support anyone on the team (and that's a good thing) <FONT color=#0000ff>but there are a few (very few) of us that have "truly" always had faith in Eli the player</FONT>, now some people are jumping on the bandwagon and some people take to far (in fact it's probably most right now) but as far as the "support" you had for Eli...I don't know, I just remember having to defend him against you many many times, I don't know if you consider me a cultist (you've said it to me before but I don't think you really believe it) I think you know I understand it takes the whole team....but I mean if i remember having to defend Eli against you many times over the years and now you are calling yourself a big "eli" supporter it doesn't sit right....you've supported him simply because he was the NYG QB, not because he was Eli Manning....which is fine....but it's not being an Eli supporter.
    [/quote]</P>

i wouldnt say i was a doubter or a believer early on...i was more in the "just show us what you have..." state of mind...he did progressively get better, and easier to support though</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

No Daven. A "Cultist" is not someone who loves Eli unconditionally. Thats just an Eli fan. It like me an Phil Simms. A Cultist is someone who considers anyone who doesn't worship at the altar of Eli, an "Eli hater".</p>

So if I think he's a very good QB, even a great QB, but point out any flaws or suggest that there are other QB's who are better, then I am damned to rot in "Eli hater hell".</p>[/quote]

Ahh, but that's just TAGF over reacting you know that, the same people calling you a hater now will be calling for his head next season after his next 4 interception game.

I've called you a hater before but always in jest, you are a "giants" supporter and your have your views on Eli which are reasonable...as always they are your opinions and as usual you can back them up...I think you have always looked at him through some pessimistic sun-glasses...but I don't blame you, it's been a wild ride with him and everyone has been REALLY high and REALLY low on him at times...you like to keep an even keel, so you've tried to keep some people in check so it comes off looking like you don't support him, but I know you do MH...so at least there's that

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

No Daven. A "Cultist" is not someone who loves Eli unconditionally. Thats just an Eli fan. It like me an Phil Simms. A Cultist is someone who considers anyone who doesn't worship at the altar of Eli, an "Eli hater".</P>

So if I think he's a very good QB, even a great QB, but point out any flaws or suggest that there are other QB's who are better, then I am damned to rot in "Eli hater hell".</P>

[/quote]

Ahh, but that's just TAGF over reacting you know that, the same people calling you a hater now will be calling for his head next season after his next 4 interception game.

I've called you a hater before but always in jest, you are a "giants" supporter and your have your views on Eli which are reasonable...as always they are your opinions and as usual you can back them up...I think you have always looked at him through some pessimistic sun-glasses...but I don't blame you, it's been a wild ride with him and everyone has been REALLY high and REALLY low on him at times...you like to keep an even keel, so you've tried to keep some people in check so it comes off looking like you don't support him, but I know you do MH...so at least there's that
    [/quote]</P>

Its funny too. I've been on this board for 5 years and was never considered anti-Eli at all until last year. </P>

But really it was never a huge problem I had with Eli. He is who he is. Warts and all. Now he's stepped up his game big time this past season. It was those damned Cultists that drive me nuts. If you make ANY critisicm of Eli they come crawling out of the woodwork. Now they mention me (directly or indirectly) any time they mention Eli's name. Getting a tad ugly actually and it pisses me right off.</P>

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]The rear tires on my truck had maybe 10k left on them, no where near an infraction, but I would have ususally replaced them already. I am coming home on 684 last Friday and my tire low pressure siren starts going off on my dash board. I was in the left lane cruising at about 75. I immed.laid off the gas and slowly began making my way toward right lane. Next exit was 1 mile, I deccided to go for it very slowly. I could not feel any shake or hear anything that would indicate a complete blowout. When I finally stopped the tire was downn to the rim. Close call...if I did not have the warning indicator, that could of been a bad one. Not so dangerous as a front tire,, but still.[/quote]</P>

WHAT?! whoa...thats crazy man....I've had that happen once, but it was a misalignment that almost blew my tire the **** up due to a worn sidewall</P>[/quote]Yep, I know about sidewall issues. Back in Jan when I had the front tires replaced, I had been complaining to my mechanic about a sound from the front right tire and a pull in the front end. He checked it in Dec and was like, nah, its fine. Then in Jan, he's like, you got a bubble in that tire and steel rods are showing thru the inside wall....you could of had a blowouot!!!!

Yeah, thanks for checking it out that thoroughly back in December when I first mentioned it PAL.

I've seen blowouts on the highway, that's a scary sight.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    You've always been a "Giants" supporter...you'll support anyone on the team (and that's a good thing) <FONT color=#0000ff>but there are a few (very few) of us that have "truly" always had faith in Eli the player</FONT>, now some people are jumping on the bandwagon and some people take to far (in fact it's probably most right now) but as far as the "support" you had for Eli...I don't know, I just remember having to defend him against you many many times, I don't know if you consider me a cultist (you've said it to me before but I don't think you really believe it) I think you know I understand it takes the whole team....but I mean if i remember having to defend Eli against you many times over the years and now you are calling yourself a big "eli" supporter it doesn't sit right....you've supported him simply because he was the NYG QB, not because he was Eli Manning....which is fine....but it's not being an Eli supporter.
    [/quote]</P>

i wouldnt say i was a doubter or a believer early on...i was more in the "just show us what you have..." state of mind...he did progressively get better, and easier to support though</P>[/quote]I was skeptical of Eli in the beginning. Before our run in the 2007 season, I was so pissed at him, that I put all of my Eli memmorabilia away behind closed doors. I swore he was a bust. After the playoff run and sb 42, I never doubted him again.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    [/quote]</P>

i wouldnt say i was a doubter or a believer early on...i was more in the "just show us what you have..." state of mind...he did progressively get better, and easier to support though</P>

[/quote]I was skeptical of Eli in the beginning. Before our run in the 2007 season, I was so pissed at him, that I put all of my Eli memmorabilia away behind closed doors. I swore he was a bust. After the playoff run and sb 42, I never doubted him again.[/quote]</P>

LT...Are you still coming to Westfield? Let me know because we'll go to lunch or something.</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    [/quote]</P>

[/quote]I was skeptical of Eli in the beginning. Before our run in the 2007 season, I was so pissed at him, that I put all of my Eli memmorabilia away behind closed doors. I swore he was a bust. After the playoff run and sb 42, I never doubted him again.[/quote]</P>

LT...Are you still coming to Westfield?* Let me know because we'll go to lunch or something.</P>[/quote]Thank you for the lunch offer. We def have to do it next time I'm up there. Westfield ended up getting moved back...my wife and daughter did that trip solo and I stayed home with our son.

I was in Wrentham, MA Monday, but it was a quick in and out.

She's switching from cheer to a dance team this year....I don't know what the competition locations are for that league yet.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Its funny too. I've been on this board for 5 years and was never considered anti-Eli at all until last year. </P>

But really it was never a huge problem I had with Eli. He is who he is. Warts and all. Now he's stepped up his game big time this past season. It was those damned Cultists that drive me nuts. If you make ANY critisicm of Eli they come crawling out of the woodwork. Now they mention me (directly or indirectly) any time they mention Eli's name. Getting a tad ugly actually and it pisses me right off.</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Eli &gt; Moorehead</P>
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

+ Reply to Thread