+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"]hey mh, what do you think caused the trade. Friction between bobby v and youk?

[/quote]</P>

Nothing like that.</P>

1. Will Middlebrooks emergenge.</P>

2. Youk is a FA after this season.</P>

Its nothing more than that.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="dezzzR"]hey mh, what do you think caused the trade. Friction between bobby v and youk?

[/quote]</P>

You know theyve been shopping Youk all year, right?

Maybe if he wasnt 1) showing decline the past 3 years....2) massive injury liability every year

smart move by the sox most likely especially with the rookie raking, just waiting to play....it just makes sense</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

You know theyve been shopping Youk all year, right?

Maybe if he wasnt 1) showing decline the past 3 years....2) massive injury liability every year

smart move by the sox most likely especially with the rookie raking, just waiting to play....it just makes sense</P>

[/quote]</P>

Why do you think he wasn't resigned? Yes, Youk has had a crapload of injuries over the past few years. Plays hard and that stuff happens when you play balls to the wall on every play. Plus he crowds the plate and gets hit all the time.</P>

His "decline" is much more due to his injuries than anything else. But ultimately with Will Middlebrooks in the wings, he was going to go.</P>

Middlebrooks has been tremendous so far. We'll see once pitchers figure out that you have to pitch him inside. He likes to extend his arms at the plate. But his bat speed is great.</P>

</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]Middlebrooks has been tremendous so far. We'll see once pitchers figure out that you have to pitch him inside. He likes to extend his arms at the plate. But his bat speed is great.[/quote]</P>

I know most of you guys dont play fantasy baseball or anything, but it's my favorite of the fantasy sports.
    I dont carry any bench hitters. I stock up on pitching....BUT, what I do do, is pick up all the top rated prospects as they come up and take a shot in the dark with them. I got Harper this year, and Middlebrooks. Only problem with Middlebrooks (fantasy-wise) is that his playing time was limited because of Youk when he came off the DL.
    I also picked up Trevor Bauer, the top rated pitching prospect. He gets his call up in AZ this Thursday</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

Japanese golfers take out insurance policies against scoring an ace
    while golfing, since a player "lucky" enough to get a hole-in-one is
    obligated to buy gifts for all his friends.<div style="overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">
    </div>

[quote user="dezzzR"]Japanese golfers take out insurance policies against scoring an ace while golfing, since a player "lucky" enough to get a hole-in-one is obligated to buy gifts for all his friends.
    <DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
    </DIV>

[/quote]</P>

"Hole In One Insurance" is very common Dezz. Very common here. Its not a Japanese thing. The tradition is that if you get a hole in one, you buy everyone at the course a drink. Most clubs offer hole in one insurance. Depends on how many people are at the bar. In a major tournament, where there are a lot of players, its a good idea if you're any good.</P>

But sometimes a player will just get in their car and drive home without buying anyone a drink. Personally, I have no problem with that. It used to be a "Country Club" tradition where everyone has money. Now its expected for anyone who gets a hole in one and I have no problem with a guy saying "screw that".</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"]Japanese golfers take out insurance policies against scoring an ace while golfing, since a player "lucky" enough to get a hole-in-one is obligated to buy gifts for all his friends.
    <DIV style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-ALIGN: left; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
    </DIV>

[/quote]</P>

"Hole In One Insurance" is very common Dezz. Very common here. Its not a Japanese thing. The tradition is that if you get a hole in one, you buy everyone at the course a drink. Most clubs offer hole in one insurance. Depends on how many people are at the bar. In a major tournament, where there are a lot of players, its a good idea if you're any good.</P>

But sometimes a player will just get in their car and drive home without buying anyone a drink. Personally, I have no problem with that. It used to be a "Country Club" tradition where everyone has money. Now its expected for anyone who gets a hole in one and I have no problem with a guy saying "screw that".</P>

[/quote]</P>

yea, i dont think I'd be mad at someone for not wanting to do that lol. </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"]Japanese golfers take out insurance policies against scoring an ace while golfing, since a player "lucky" enough to get a hole-in-one is obligated to buy gifts for all his friends.
    <div style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
    </div>

[/quote]</p>

"Hole In One Insurance" is very common Dezz. Very common here. Its not a Japanese thing. The tradition is that if you get a hole in one, you buy everyone at the course a drink. Most clubs offer hole in one insurance. Depends on how many people are at the bar. In a major tournament, where there are a lot of players, its a good idea if you're any good.</p>

But sometimes a player will just get in their car and drive home without buying anyone a drink. Personally, I have no problem with that. It used to be a "Country Club" tradition where everyone has money. Now its expected for anyone who gets a hole in one and I have no problem with a guy saying "screw that".</p>[/quote]I just state the facts.

+ Reply to Thread