+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Another crazy busy day on Thee thread. I can't keep up there are so many posts.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]Another crazy busy day on Thee thread. I can't keep up there are so many posts.[/quote]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Another crazy busy day on Thee thread. I can't keep up there are so many posts.[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Well Scrappy, I am hoping for a 5-4 decision tomorrow to overturn Obamacare. At least the mandate. But I fear that its going to go 6-3 to uphold the law.</P>

Hope I'm wrong.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Another crazy busy day on Thee thread. I can't keep up there are so many posts.[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Well Scrappy, I am hoping for a 5-4 decision tomorrow to overturn Obamacare. At least the mandate. But I fear that its going to go 6-3 to uphold the law.</p>

Hope I'm wrong.</p>[/quote]

I think at least 5-4 us maybe even 6-3, but who knows, some say you can take the oral arguments as evidence others say you can't, to me it's almost common sense but hey...all we can do is wait, and hope these 9 people do whats good for the country and all it's citizens and rule correctly instead of folding to presidential correction and pressure.

what's going on with the immigration thing in Arizona now, I've literally been to busy to keep up on things as much as I used to but I heard something about Obama pretty much telling the supreme court to go F themselves? pretty much he said he wasn't going to let anyone enforce the immigration laws (stop and check?) or something like that.

I don't understand how he can ignore supreme court rulings...what the hell is going on...it's like he's some dictator right? :P

I'm sure I don't have the whole story because that sounds too extreme.

I'm becoming very depressed with the whole situation, I think Obama is going to win reelection, and what he does is he just keeps hammering away...he's just going to try to get an individual mandate through again next turn even if it is ruled unconstitutional...he just doesn't give a ****, he doesn't care whats good for the country, he doesn't care what the public wants and he doesn't care what the other branches of the government decide/say he's becoming more and more like some rogue dictator just stealing power from all the other branches...flat out ignoring them and placing his "czars" in charge of everything that means anything...

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

Well Scrappy, I am hoping for a 5-4 decision tomorrow to overturn Obamacare. At least the mandate. But I fear that its going to go 6-3 to uphold the law.</P>

Hope I'm wrong.</P>

[/quote]

I think at least 5-4 us maybe even 6-3, but who knows, some say you can take the oral arguments as evidence others say you can't, to me it's almost common sense but hey...all we can do is wait, and hope these 9 people do whats good for the country and all it's citizens and rule correctly instead of folding to presidential correction and pressure.

what's going on with the immigration thing in Arizona now, I've literally been to busy to keep up on things as much as I used to but I heard something about Obama pretty much telling the supreme court to go F themselves? pretty much he said he wasn't going to let anyone enforce the immigration laws (stop and check?) or something like that.

I don't understand how he can ignore supreme court rulings...what the hell is going on...it's like he's some dictator right? :P

I'm becoming very depressed with the whole situation, I think Obama is going to win reelection, and what he does is he just keeps hammering away...he's just going to try to get an individual mandate through again next turn even if it is ruled unconstitutional...he just doesn't give a ****, he doesn't care whats good for the country, he doesn't care what the public wants and he doesn't care what the other branches of the government decide/say he's becoming more and more like some rogue dictator just stealing power from all the other branches...flat out ignoring them and placing his "czars" in charge of everything that means anything...
    [/quote]</P>

First of all...Kagan, Sotameyore, Breyer and Ginsburg are locked in the Obama camp. I can't even imagine a scenario where any of them will break ranks. They are "cookie cutter" justices. Then you have Roberts, Thomas, Alito and Scalia on the other side. Of course it all comes down to Kennedy. If Kennedy is on the fence, I think Roberts would have taken the plunge with him to uphold the bill. Roberts hates 5-4 decisions, especially on a ruling this big. It will be 5-4 for the good guys only if Kennedy is absolutely certain about the unconstitutionality of the mandate.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

They aren't ignoring the ruling. They are simply "using their discretion" not to deport any illegals that Arizona law enforcement refers to them.</P>

Essentially, the Obama/Holder justice department are at war with Arizona.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

Well Scrappy, I am hoping for a 5-4 decision tomorrow to overturn Obamacare. At least the mandate. But I fear that its going to go 6-3 to uphold the law.</p>

Hope I'm wrong.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

First of all...Kagan, Sotameyore, Breyer and Ginsburg are locked in the Obama camp. I can't even imagine a scenario where any of them will break ranks. They are "cookie cutter" justices. Then you have Roberts, Thomas, Alito and Scalia on the other side. Of course it all comes down to Kennedy. If Kennedy is on the fence, I think Roberts would have taken the plunge with him to uphold the bill. Roberts hates 5-4 decisions, especially on a ruling this big. It will be 5-4 for the good guys only if Kennedy is absolutely certain about the unconstitutionality of the mandate.</p>[/quote]

If you listened to the questions being asked towards governments lawyers Sotameyore almost seemed to be on the conservative side of the issue, I don't expect her to break rank but I think it's possible.

really the bigger issue is even if it is ruled unconstitutional if Obama wins re-election it's still not going to stop him, he'll figure out a new way to get what he wants.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

Hope I'm wrong.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

First of all...Kagan, Sotameyore, Breyer and Ginsburg are locked in the Obama camp. I can't even imagine a scenario where any of them will break ranks. They are "cookie cutter" justices. Then you have Roberts, Thomas, Alito and Scalia on the other side. Of course it all comes down to Kennedy. If Kennedy is on the fence, I think Roberts would have taken the plunge with him to uphold the bill. Roberts hates 5-4 decisions, especially on a ruling this big. It will be 5-4 for the good guys only if Kennedy is absolutely certain about the unconstitutionality of the mandate.</P>

[/quote]

If you listened to the questions being asked towards governments lawyers Sotameyore almost seemed to be on the conservative side of the issue, I don't expect her to break rank but I think it's possible.

really the bigger issue is even if it is ruled unconstitutional if Obama wins re-election it's still not going to stop him, he'll figure out a new way to get what he wants.
    [/quote]</P>

If its shot down and Obama is re-elected (Oh my God!!!!)..... then they will have to go back and do it in small pieces and in a bipartisan way like they should have in the beginning.</P>

These States have rigged the game by not allowing adequate competition for Insurance Companies. Ultimately the entire "employer based" system has to be scrapped. When we have options and responsibility to buy insurance on our own, costs go down. Just like car insurance. </P>

I lived in Mass. in the 70's and 80's where car insurance was regulated by the state, when I moved to CT. in 87 my insurance went from $1300/year to less than $700. MA deregulated about 10 years ago or so and rates dropped the same way.</P>

This is the same thing. Let competition take over and force efficiency into the system. Its Economics 101. (Of course community organizers don't study economics)</P>
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread