+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"]Sad day for America.
    [/quote]You mean sad day for Wealthy America, AMAZING day for middle class America that doesnt have health insurance

Obama trying to secure back to back terms with this one, too bad the horrendous bi-partisanship in congress has slowed any progression other than this (so far) into a near halt. How bout we forget dems or repubs and just try to better the quality of life for our citizens.... This is just getting ridiculous
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]A young healthy person should have the right to say, "I don't want to pay for health insurance". For some reason, Matt is celebrating that right being taken away.[/quote]

Exactly, that's why I don't understand.

it's like I have 10 bucks in my wallet and he has 10 bucks in his, because he disagrees with me, because he's angry at me, he pays someone 10 dollars to steal 1 dollar from me.

He's applauding the government for stealing his money...he's applauding the government for punishing him when he didn't do anything wrong....it doesn't make sense!
    [/quote]OK obviously you guys have been blessed to have had health care through your jobs, spouses, or parents. Because if you didnt have health care this would be a big moment for you

You call it stealing money, but I call it better allocation of funds. It may not make sense to you, but it makes perfect sense to me that our govt is finally taking a step foward with the healthcare issue. I get it, you have a great health plan and youre scared that the quality of your coverage will detiorate, but imagine how the millions without ANY health coverage feel right now, its like we just won a damned war against these rich, elitest, conservatives that run the health care industry.

No matter where you stand, the healthcare costs are astronomical and assanine. I had to go to the doctor the other day (without health insurance) and they treated my like I was a piece of trash and after seeing the dr for under 5mins they collected my $200 and booted my wahzoo out. And you *******s complain about a $20 co-pay!!!! You should be ahsamed of yourselves!!!!
    [/quote]</P>

First of sll Kase this bill doesn't "give" healthcare to many people at all. It does extend Medicaid to some but most of the uninsured will be getting their healthcare at the point of a gun.</P>

In other words, for most of those who can't afford healthcare, they will now have healthcare by the government forcing them to buy it even if they can't afford it.</P>

So if Kase, or Caz and anyone who doesn't have enough money to buy insurance, the government will force you to buy it anyway. And since the courts have now deemed it a tax, they can throw you in jail if you can't afford the insurance or the fine.</P>

Plus the estimates are that this bill will increase the cost of healthcare, not decrease. Moving users further away from providers, creates less competition and therfore higher costs. Its Economics 101.</P>

Read about what this bill does. Don't trust what you see on TV and don't trust advocates on either side of this issue.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]A young healthy person should have the right to say, "I don't want to pay for health insurance". For some reason, Matt is celebrating that right being taken away.[/quote]

it's like I have 10 bucks in my wallet and he has 10 bucks in his, because he disagrees with me, because he's angry at me, he pays someone 10 dollars to steal 1 dollar from me.

He's applauding the government for stealing his money...he's applauding the government for punishing him when he didn't do anything wrong....it doesn't make sense!
    [/quote]OK obviously you guys have been blessed to have had health care through your jobs, spouses, or parents. Because if you didnt have health care this would be a big moment for you

You call it stealing money, but I call it better allocation of funds. It may not make sense to you, but it makes perfect sense to me that our govt is finally taking a step foward with the healthcare issue. I get it, you have a great health plan and youre scared that the quality of your coverage will detiorate, but imagine how the millions without ANY health coverage feel right now, its like we just won a damned war against these rich, elitest, conservatives that run the health care industry.

No matter where you stand, the healthcare costs are astronomical and assanine. I had to go to the doctor the other day (without health insurance) and they treated my like I was a piece of trash and after seeing the dr for under 5mins they collected my $200 and booted my wahzoo out. And you *******s complain about a $20 co-pay!!!! You should be ahsamed of yourselves!!!!
    [/quote]</p>

First of sll Kase this bill doesn't "give" healthcare to many people at all. It does extend Medicaid to some but most of the uninsured will be getting their healthcare at the point of a gun.</p>

In other words, for most of those who can't afford healthcare, they will now have healthcare by the government forcing them to buy it even if they can't afford it.</p>

So if Kase, or Caz and anyone who doesn't have enough money to buy insurance, the government will force you to buy it anyway. And since the courts have now deemed it a tax, they can throw you in jail if you can't afford the insurance or the fine.</p>

Plus the estimates are that this bill will increase the cost of healthcare, not decrease. Moving users further away from providers, creates less competition and therfore higher costs. Its Economics 101.</p>

Read about what this bill does. Don't trust what you see on TV and don't trust advocates on either side of this issue.</p>[/quote]
    Oh forgive me I said 'give' instead of 'extend' BFD, its a nominal mistake

The large majority of those who cant afford health care now will be soon be able to afford it once this bill passes, and conserv's stop pouting and whining like they LOVE to do.

The idea of this bill was to make health care more affordable, hence the 'affordable care act', its not called the 'imposing health care act' or 'increasing price of health care act' because thats not what its meant to do. Its called the 'affordable care act' because they're aiming at making care more affordable. Obviously the conserv's dont want to see it like that

Health insurance reform lowers costs for American businesses the bill would lower health insurance
    premiums for the same insurance plan by up to 4 percent for small
    businesses and 3 percent for large businesses, and estimates indicate
    that reform could save businesses $2,000 per person in health costs. The Affordable Care Act would cause premiums would fall up to 4 percent
    in the small group market, and up to 11 percent for firms receiving tax
    credits. Today, administrative costs run as high as 30 percent for small
    firms, compared with 7 percent for large employers.

The Congressional Budget Office found that health insurance reform will
    reduce the deficit by $210 billion in this decade and by more than $1
    trillion over the following 10 years. And a family of four would save as
    much as $2,300 on their premiums in 2014 compared to what they would
    have paid without reform.

Economists agree that employers offer health insurance to help attract
    and retain the most talented employees and employers will continue to
    seek out top talent. Further, when health reform was enacted in
    Massachusetts more than five years ago, the percent of businesses
    offering insurance in Massachusetts increased.

In every State and for the first time ever, insurance companies are
    required to publicly justify their actions if they want to raise rates
    by 10 percent or more and more states have the authority to reject
    unreasonable premium increases.

Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

First of sll Kase this bill doesn't "give" healthcare to many people at all. It does extend Medicaid to some but most of the uninsured will be getting their healthcare at the point of a gun.</P>

In other words, for most of those who can't afford healthcare, they will now have healthcare by the government forcing them to buy it even if they can't afford it.</P>

So if Kase, or Caz and anyone who doesn't have enough money to buy insurance, the government will force you to buy it anyway. And since the courts have now deemed it a tax, they can throw you in jail if you can't afford the insurance or the fine.</P>

Plus the estimates are that this bill will increase the cost of healthcare, not decrease. Moving users further away from providers, creates less competition and therfore higher costs. Its Economics 101.</P>

Read about what this bill does. Don't trust what you see on TV and don't trust advocates on either side of this issue.</P>

[/quote]
    Oh forgive me I said 'give' instead of 'extend' BFD, its a nominal mistake

The large majority of those who cant afford health care now will be soon be able to afford it once this bill passes, and conserv's stop pouting and whining like they LOVE to do.

The idea of this bill was to make health care more affordable, hence the 'affordable care act', its not called the 'imposing health care act' or 'increasing price of health care act' because thats not what its meant to do. Its called the 'affordable care act' because they're aiming at making care more affordable. Obviously the conserv's dont want to see it like that

Health insurance reform lowers costs for American businesses the bill would lower health insurance premiums for the same insurance plan by up to 4 percent for small businesses and 3 percent for large businesses, and estimates indicate that reform could save businesses $2,000 per person in health costs. The Affordable Care Act would cause premiums would fall up to 4 percent in the small group market, and up to 11 percent for firms receiving tax credits. Today, administrative costs run as high as 30 percent for small firms, compared with 7 percent for large employers.

The Congressional Budget Office found that health insurance reform will reduce the deficit by $210 billion in this decade and by more than $1 trillion over the following 10 years. And a family of four would save as much as $2,300 on their premiums in 2014 compared to what they would have paid without reform.

Economists agree that employers offer health insurance to help attract and retain the most talented employees and employers will continue to seek out top talent. Further, when health reform was enacted in Massachusetts more than five years ago, the percent of businesses offering insurance in Massachusetts increased.

In every State and for the first time ever, insurance companies are required to publicly justify their actions if they want to raise rates by 10 percent or more and more states have the authority to reject unreasonable premium increases.

[/quote]</P>

OMG Kase. I love ya but you can't be the naive. Its just not possible.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="lttaylor56"]I feel like I was just punched in the stomach.... This is what I found regarding Medicare clients: Medicaid : ObamaCare expands Medicaid (medical care for the poor) to everyone (under the Medicare age of 65) who has income less than 133% the federal poverty level. States must pay this enormous new burden, but federal government promises to reimburse costs of newly eligible patients under this program from 2014 to 2016. ....So now, I'm going to pay more so that those who choose not to work and collect foodstamps can have health insurance? Will Doctors be mandated to accept Medicare? If not, it doesn't make sense. Is it fair to force a Doctor who excelled in their field(The good Doctors) to accept less than what they used to receive as payment for their medical services?[/quote] You do know that the majority of people that receive govt assistance are full time workers who are underpaid right??

This notion that everyone who receives govt assistance is just a lazy, drug addicted, loser is something that has been twisted and misconstrued for decades and at this point in time couldnt be further from the truth. I work 80hrs per week and have applied for govt assistance, does that mean that Im a lazy bum who doesnt wanna work?? Obviously not because I work DOUBLE what most of you complainers work

You make it seem like that doctors who accept medicaid will never get paid but in actuallity they get paid by the govt.
    [/quote]</P>

I'm with you Kase.....Something has to be done everybody needs health care I'm just not sure about the mandate....where is the poverty line cut off ? people close to that line "meaning just above the penalty" are gonna be hurt by this...and small businesses under 25 employees will have to step up with govs help of coarse ....tax breaks or what ever....End of the day something needs to be done...working people should have affordablehealth care....If your working for minimum wage it needs to afford it ...Employers need to step up and stop using loop holes to get around giving workers benefits....I don't care what anybody says greed is the problem....economics 101 be damned...start taking of the people working for ya..if a company won't do it on their own they have to be made to do it....</P>

One thing is for sure this isn't just about lazy no good for nothings...sure their is plenty of them but there are just as many if not more hard working people who can't afford health insurance also.....the disabled will always be there that's not going to change....its a very complicated situation with no simple answer ...you havecome up with a planand then work the kinks out of itI see it as a start now they need to follow through and make it work...**** "politics as usual"the *******s need to work together come up with policies and law that works for all Americans...from the under payed to the criples and everything in between.....</P>

I worked today Kase cause the work was there and money to be made ....I am forturnate to have health insurance ...my wife gets it through her work at the V.A....400.00 a month she tells me the Gov I believe picks up some of the tab....</P>

Veteran

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="shockeyg"]We're on the way to becoming a welfare nation. The people with jobs just need to work a little harder and give more so it can begiving to others who won't . Pride is becomeing a thing of the past . If I need to work 2 jobs to make my ends meet , so be it. The nation is getting so soft . I'm reminded of my grandfather who worked 12 hours a day digging low coal . Never seeing the sun shine once your put in the hole. Man never complained about it . Raised 8 good kids and 4 grandkids when my uncle and aunt died . Now days people would be lining up outside the welfare office before they'd do that . SOFT[/quote]Yea all of you complainers need to STFU. I put in more work in 1 week than most of you do in 2, and do I complain?? NO!!!

I work 14hrs a day, 6 days a week, from sun up to past sundown and Im proud of my work ethic. It kills me to see these hipsters living in bushwick or williamsburgh, etc on their parents dime only so they can go to NYU, build up $100,000+ of debt then be 'too cool' or 'too progressive' to work in jobs like the steamfitters, plumbers, or ironworkers unions. If these idiots had half a brain they'd realize that the only people that are hiring and making good money are those guys

If I have to donate an additional $2 to help out my fellow countrymen, Ill do that no problem. Id much rather allocate my hard earned funds to my fellow citizens well being over buying another 2trillion dollar jet that Ill never get to see or fly.

.... I hate people
    [/quote]And I would give $2 also to my fellow countrymen also . It's just if I give $2 our gov. would take $1 give .50 of whats left to someone that's here ill. and then.25 of that to someone to figure outwho deserves to get the remaining .25 . My point should have been that ouer gov. is getting way to large and getting into things they have no business being in . And if you think you'll get any better care with what they're throwing out there you have a big surprise coming Kase

All-Pro

[quote user="Kase-1"] You do know that the majority of people that receive govt assistance are full time workers who are underpaid right??[/quote]

I actually know 100% that this is not the case, one of my best friends from high school is now a Lawyer (for about 4 years now) and he worked for the state for a period of time dealing purely with people receiving government assistance, I talked to him about this in depth recently, out of the hundreds (if not thousands) of people receiving government assistance he dealt with he said in his estimation 8 out of 10 are either gaming the system or squandering the assistance.....he said only 2 out of 10 ever ended up (or had a chance to end up) becoming contributing members of society.

Melky Cabrera &gt; Brett Gardener
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Melky Cabrera &gt; Brett Gardener[/quote]Bretts been injured and Melk has 5 more full seasons than Brett.

If Brett starts hitting around .300 Id make the argument that his speed gives him the edge over Melk.

All-Pro

By the way Morehead, remember when you said there are no good looking girls who bowl, this team just won the youth world championships.

Not only that but one of the 4 members on that girls team is the daughter of the alley owner I've known all my life (like he used to baby sit me kind of stuff) they just beat Singapore over in Bangkok.

It's actually the first time team USA won both the boys and girls division.

+ Reply to Thread