+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]FYI, my ridiculous streak of attending Giants games where we won was ended at the Green Bay game with LT, so rest assured, now that the inevitable loss is out of the way, the streak will start anew!!![/quote] The last time I was at a Giants game and they lost was December of 1989, against Philly. Coldest I ever was in my life. It was the famous Randall Cunningham 90 yard punt game. But I admit there was a long streak where I was broke and couldn't afford to go to the games.[/quote]</P>

Same for me....I went to a game a LOOOONG time ago with my dad in the early 90s, but I was kinda broke until like 07 when I started going regularly.</P>

[/quote] I really don't know how most fans can afford to go to games. It costs a friggin fortune. Coming back from Disney, I can relate it to that. People save up for years to go to Disney. But thats only once in a while. Guys who go to games several times a year are making a huge financial sacrifice. A Dad with three sons would drop a grand on one game.[/quote]</P>

My mom saved for5 years to bring my brothers and I to disney world. I was just about to turn 18, so I didn't really wanna go....but in my head I started to figure out how much it was actually going to cost her, and it would have been heartbreaking to her if I didnt go after how hard she tried to do this for us. Her 2nd job went right to her disney money
    My mom was poor(my parents divorced when i was in like 4th grade)...I mean REALLY poor. I got a job at circuit city when I was 18, and I made almost double what she was making because i was straight commission back then.
    My mom is the greatest goddamn woman alive.</P>[/quote]
    Thats actually awesome Piz.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]FYI, my ridiculous streak of attending Giants games where we won was ended at the Green Bay game with LT, so rest assured, now that the inevitable loss is out of the way, the streak will start anew!!![/quote] The last time I was at a Giants game and they lost was December of 1989, against Philly. Coldest I ever was in my life. It was the famous Randall Cunningham 90 yard punt game. But I admit there was a long streak where I was broke and couldn't afford to go to the games.[/quote]</P>

Same for me....I went to a game a LOOOONG time ago with my dad in the early 90s, but I was kinda broke until like 07 when I started going regularly.</P>

[/quote] I really don't know how most fans can afford to go to games. It costs a friggin fortune. Coming back from Disney, I can relate it to that. People save up for years to go to Disney. But thats only once in a while. Guys who go to games several times a year are making a huge financial sacrifice. A Dad with three sons would drop a grand on one game.[/quote]</P>

My mom saved for5 years to bring my brothers and I to disney world. I was just about to turn 18, so I didn't really wanna go....but in my head I started to figure out how much it was actually going to cost her, and it would have been heartbreaking to her if I didnt go after how hard she tried to do this for us. Her 2nd job went right to her disney money
    My mom was poor(my parents divorced when i was in like 4th grade)...I mean REALLY poor. I got a job at circuit city when I was 18, and I made almost double what she was making because i was straight commission back then.
    My mom is the greatest goddamn woman alive.</P>

[/quote] Thats actually awesome Piz.[/quote]</P>

Yea it definitely is.
    I unfortunately can't say that the trip was too memorable....i dont really remember much of it. I do remember that I liked Sea World alot, but I've heard the place has since gone to ****, but idk if anyone can confirm that. </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

My mom is the greatest goddamn woman alive.</P>

[/quote] Thats actually awesome Piz.[/quote]</P>

Yea it definitely is.
    I unfortunately can't say that the trip was too memorable....i dont really remember much of it. I do remember that I liked Sea World alot, but I've heard the place has since gone to ****, but idk if anyone can confirm that. </P>[/quote]
    Yeah...Sea World was my least favorite day. There's nothing like the Magic Kingdom, its heads and shoulders better than any other park. Epcot is great too but just different. Animal Kingdom was OK. I didn't go the Hollywood (The old MGM) because we didn't think that my granddaugther would be that interested, but I would have liked that.
    To me its really about the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Those are the best parks by far.
    No one does it like Disney. They charge a lot but they work hard to justify the cost.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Same for me....I went to a game a LOOOONG time ago with my dad in the early 90s, but I was kinda broke until like 07 when I started going regularly.</P>[/quote] I really don't know how most fans can afford to go to games. It costs a friggin fortune. Coming back from Disney, I can relate it to that. People save up for years to go to Disney. But thats only once in a while. Guys who go to games several times a year are making a huge financial sacrifice. A Dad with three sons would drop a grand on one game.[/quote]hell man I dropped a grand last time I came down you would have to live pretty close to the stadium to take three sons for thousand...it is expensive....

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]I really don't know how most fans can afford to go to games. It costs a friggin fortune. Coming back from Disney, I can relate it to that. People save up for years to go to Disney. But thats only once in a while. Guys who go to games several times a year are making a huge financial sacrifice.
    A Dad with three sons would drop a grand on one game.[/quote]

Gotta find deals, for example scalping at a Giants game, Tickets get down to 30-60$ right before kickoff...sometimes you can find cheap ones the day before on the ticket exchange even....you just got to look around.

Disney I gotta ask my co-worker, but I know him and his entire family go every single year and he is FAR from wealthy (after all he works with me lol) but he has some type of deal were his hotel/food and tickets to Disney world are all payed for, for 3-4 days? works out to some ridiculously low price like 300 dollars a person or something? 5 people go on vacation for 1500 dollars and you get free food and tickets and hotel room? you can't find a much cheaper vacation then that outside of maybe camping?

(PS: The exception is people who are coming from out of town to go to the game, you can't scalp cause you need to know you are getting a ticket and travel costs hotel rooms that stuff adds up)

I generally go to 4 games a year on average, on tickets I probably spend around 400 dollars...if I didn't drink like I do it would be a relatively inexpensive thing to do on the weekends, I mean look at it this way, if you want to go to a "club" you'd be paying 20ish at the door anyhow...for what? loud annoying music?

[quote user="Morehead State"]Yeah...Sea World was my least favorite day. There's nothing like the Magic Kingdom, its heads and shoulders better than any other park. Epcot is great too but just different. Animal Kingdom was OK. I didn't go the Hollywood (The old MGM) because we didn't think that my granddaugther would be that interested, but I would have liked that. To me its really about the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Those are the best parks by far. No one does it like Disney. They charge a lot but they work hard to justify the cost.[/quote]</P>

I'm trying to remember exactly where I went....
    The day everyone went to Animal Kingdom I think I got sick, so I stayed home?
    Magic Kingdom is actually what I dont remember....like I know I went lol...but, I only remember a few things. My youngest brother was 10 at the time, I know I brought him on all the smaller rides, but yea, I have no idea.
    I dont know what MGM/Hollywood is....at least not by name. I looked it up, and I dont think I went.
    I remember universal, with all the crazy movie stuff/rides. Some of that was ok....mostly because the rides were well-known...
    </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]I really don't know how most fans can afford to go to games. It costs a friggin fortune. Coming back from Disney, I can relate it to that. People save up for years to go to Disney. But thats only once in a while. Guys who go to games several times a year are making a huge financial sacrifice.
    A Dad with three sons would drop a grand on one game.[/quote]

Gotta find deals, for example scalping at a Giants game, Tickets get down to 30-60$ right before kickoff...sometimes you can find cheap ones the day before on the ticket exchange even....you just got to look around.

Disney I gotta ask my co-worker, but I know him and his entire family go every single year and he is FAR from wealthy (after all he works with me lol) but he has some type of deal were his hotel/food and tickets to Disney world are all payed for, for 3-4 days? works out to some ridiculously low price like 300 dollars a person or something? 5 people go on vacation for 1500 dollars and you get free food and tickets and hotel room? you can't find a much cheaper vacation then that outside of maybe camping?

I generally go to 4 games a year on average, on tickets I probably spend around 400 dollars...if I didn't drink like I do it would be a relatively inexpensive thing to do on the weekends, I mean look at it this way, if you want to go to a "club" you'd be paying 20ish at the door anyhow...for what? loud annoying music?
    [/quote]
    Well we took 6 people, including ourselves. We didn't pay for a hotel room, just two timeshare trades which were something like $300 per unit. We paid for everyone's airfare which was around $300 PP. Then we only paid for the Parks for Me, my wife and my grandaughter. We paid for about half the total food bill. The trip probably set us back over $5,000.00. And if you add the maintenance fee for the two years of timeshares we needed to trade, that goes up over $7000.00.
    If we had to get hotel rooms it would have been more. No it costs a fortune to go to Disney.
    Most people save up for several years to go. Its kinda like going to DC, you have to take the family there once in the kid's childhood to give them that experience. (If its possible of course)

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Yeah...Sea World was my least favorite day. There's nothing like the Magic Kingdom, its heads and shoulders better than any other park. Epcot is great too but just different. Animal Kingdom was OK. I didn't go the Hollywood (The old MGM) because we didn't think that my granddaugther would be that interested, but I would have liked that. To me its really about the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Those are the best parks by far. No one does it like Disney. They charge a lot but they work hard to justify the cost.[/quote]</P>

Magic Kingdom is actually what I dont remember....like I know I went lol...but, I only remember a few things. My youngest brother was 10 at the time, I know I brought him on all the smaller rides, but yea, I have no idea.
    I dont know what MGM/Hollywood is....at least not by name. I looked it up, and I dont think I went.
    I remember universal, with all the crazy movie stuff/rides. Some of that was ok....mostly because the rides were well-known...
    </P>[/quote]
    We went to Universal in 98. (The last time we went to Disney) Its not a Disney Park so the quality isn't quite the same.
    As for the Magic Kingdom, I'm not one of those nutty rollercoaster riders who need loops and all kinds of scary stuff. I think Space Mountain is still the best rollercoaster I've ever been on. Disney doesn't do the really scary thrill rides. They try to do it so even young kids can go on the rides. I think they do it very well.

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]

</P>

[/quote]I notice most of you guys do some traveling/vacations and such ...there wasn't a lot of money around when I was a kid...but we had a camp on a little lake up heremy Dad and Gramp built in the 50's..We would spend a month or two there in summer when I was growing up...good time...we still have the place shared ownership...I mostly go out there in the winter and ice fish its a peaceful place....Back in my rock and roll days man we through some bad *** parties nothing like playing music outdoors we could be heard for miles I miss those days ...</P>

never been to D world....we use to take our kids to new Hampshire lot of fun things to do there beautiful state</P>

[quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

</P>

[/quote]I notice most of you guys do some traveling/vacations and such ...there wasn't a lot of money aroud when I was a kid...but we had a camp on a little lake up my Dad and Gramp built in the 50's..We would spend a month or two there in summer when I was growing up...good time...we still have the place shared ownership...I mostly go out there in the winter and ice fish its a peaceful place....Back in my rock and roll days man we through some bad *** parties nothing like playing music outdoors we could be heard for miles I miss those days ...</P>

never been to D world....we use to take our kids to new Hampshire lot of fun things to do there beautiful state</P>[/quote]
    New Hampshire is great. My daughter got married with the Presidential Range in the background.
    When I was a kid, we took a family vacation on a lake near Augusta, Maine. That was a great place.

+ Reply to Thread