+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"]Well we took 6 people, including ourselves. We didn't pay for a hotel room, just two timeshare trades which were something like $300 per unit. We paid for everyone's airfare which was around $300 PP. Then we only paid for the Parks for Me, my wife and my grandaughter. We paid for about half the total food bill. The trip probably set us back over $5,000.00. And if you add the maintenance fee for the two years of timeshares we needed to trade, that goes up over $7000.00.
    If we had to get hotel rooms it would have been more. No it costs a fortune to go to Disney.
    Most people save up for several years to go. Its kinda like going to DC, you have to take the family there once in the kid's childhood to give them that experience. (If its possible of course)[/quote]

I'm not arguing that it "can" be expensive, but it "can" also be cheap, as a family we went every year, we had family on my mothers side that lived in Orlando so we didn't have to pay for rooms which was nice considering at the time our family was not very well off at all, we drove down every year except for a couple, we always went to either sea world or Disney.

what I'm saying is that you can find cheap ways to go if all you want to do is go to have your kids having that experience...even borderline poverty level could do it every year, you just have to do it cheaply...which like I said is possible, my co-worker goes every single year on a salary of less then 60k for the family and he has medical issues that he's constantly paying for, I believe he pays around 2 grand total for 3-4 days including everything, he's going August of this year I'll ask him what he's doing when he gets back into the room.

[quote user="Morehead State"]Well we took 6 people, including ourselves. We didn't pay for a hotel room, just two timeshare trades which were something like $300 per unit. We paid for everyone's airfare which was around $300 PP. Then we only paid for the Parks for Me, my wife and my grandaughter. We paid for about half the total food bill. The trip probably set us back over $5,000.00. And if you add the maintenance fee for the two years of timeshares we needed to trade, that goes up over $7000.00. If we had to get hotel rooms it would have been more. No it costs a fortune to go to Disney. Most people save up for several years to go. Its kinda like going to DC, you have to take the family there once in the kid's childhood to give them that experience. (If its possible of course)[/quote]</P>

oh man, i LOVED DC. i went twice as a kid. I was sucha history nerd. still am lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"]Breaking Bad Sunday at 10! Cant Wait!
    [/quote]Cant wait to see what THIS guy does

[/quote]
    Isn't that one of the bad guys in Beverly Hills Cop?[/quote]holy **** it is. surprised i never recognized him. hes got so much swag in breaking bad. hes the man

[quote user="Morehead State"]We went to Universal in 98. (The last time we went to Disney) Its not a Disney Park so the quality isn't quite the same. As for the Magic Kingdom, I'm not one of those nutty rollercoaster riders who need loops and all kinds of scary stuff. I think Space Mountain is still the best rollercoaster I've ever been on. Disney doesn't do the really scary thrill rides. They try to do it so even young kids can go on the rides. I think they do it very well.[/quote]</P>

I think everyone just kind of associates all the parks in Florida as the disney trip lol...thats why i mentioned it</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Well we took 6 people, including ourselves. We didn't pay for a hotel room, just two timeshare trades which were something like $300 per unit. We paid for everyone's airfare which was around $300 PP. Then we only paid for the Parks for Me, my wife and my grandaughter. We paid for about half the total food bill. The trip probably set us back over $5,000.00. And if you add the maintenance fee for the two years of timeshares we needed to trade, that goes up over $7000.00.
    If we had to get hotel rooms it would have been more. No it costs a fortune to go to Disney.
    Most people save up for several years to go. Its kinda like going to DC, you have to take the family there once in the kid's childhood to give them that experience. (If its possible of course)[/quote]

I'm not arguing that it "can" be expensive, but it "can" also be cheap, as a family we went every year, we had family on my mothers side that lived in Orlando so we didn't have to pay for rooms which was nice considering at the time our family was not very well off at all, we drove down every year except for a couple, we always went to either sea world or Disney.

what I'm saying is that you can find cheap ways to go if all you want to do is go to have your kids having that experience...even borderline poverty level could do it every year, you just have to do it cheaply...which like I said is possible, my co-worker goes every single year on a salary of less then 60k for the family and he has medical issues that he's constantly paying for, I believe he pays around 2 grand total for 3-4 days including everything, he's going August of this year I'll ask him what he's doing when he gets back into the room.

[/quote]
    Car rental alone is $400 bucks. The parks are over $90/day per person. Airfare is a nightmare.

How many people in his family? because if he has 4, even with 3 day passes, thats over $1000.00 just for the parks alone. then you actually have to eat. At any Disney restaurant for 4 people, its $50.00 bucks minimum just for lunch.
    And how many people have friends who live in Orlando?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Well we took 6 people, including ourselves. We didn't pay for a hotel room, just two timeshare trades which were something like $300 per unit. We paid for everyone's airfare which was around $300 PP. Then we only paid for the Parks for Me, my wife and my grandaughter. We paid for about half the total food bill. The trip probably set us back over $5,000.00. And if you add the maintenance fee for the two years of timeshares we needed to trade, that goes up over $7000.00. If we had to get hotel rooms it would have been more. No it costs a fortune to go to Disney. Most people save up for several years to go. Its kinda like going to DC, you have to take the family there once in the kid's childhood to give them that experience. (If its possible of course)[/quote]</P>

oh man, i LOVED DC. i went twice as a kid. I was sucha history nerd. still am lol</P>[/quote]
    I knew you and I had a lot in common.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

oh man, i LOVED DC. i went twice as a kid. I was sucha history nerd. still am lol</P>

[/quote] I knew you and I had a lot in common.[/quote]</P>

lol...
    I'd like to go back some time soon. Roadtrip? </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Well we took 6 people, including ourselves. We didn't pay for a hotel room, just two timeshare trades which were something like $300 per unit. We paid for everyone's airfare which was around $300 PP. Then we only paid for the Parks for Me, my wife and my grandaughter. We paid for about half the total food bill. The trip probably set us back over $5,000.00. And if you add the maintenance fee for the two years of timeshares we needed to trade, that goes up over $7000.00.

[/quote]
    Car rental alone is $400 bucks. The parks are over $90/day per person. Airfare is a nightmare.

How many people in his family? because if he has 4, even with 3 day passes, thats over $1000.00 just for the parks alone. then you actually have to eat. At any Disney restaurant for 4 people, its $50.00 bucks minimum just for lunch.
    And how many people have friends who live in Orlando?[/quote]

Ok Morehead I just had a discussion with him about it.

he said he pays around 2600$ total for 6 days 7 nights, he stays at a place called All-Star Resorts which is part of Disney (so he doesn't need a rental car) and the deal includes tickets to all the major parks (every day) as well as all his dinning for around 160$ per adult per day and 90$ for each kid each day....you can get the deal on the Disney World website.

He does this every single year and I know what he gets payed it's about what I get payed (a little less) and he has a family and his wife does not work....

you choose to go the expensive route MH he found the cheap way....but if it's only for the experience for the kids the cheap way is good enough.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Well we took 6 people, including ourselves. We didn't pay for a hotel room, just two timeshare trades which were something like $300 per unit. We paid for everyone's airfare which was around $300 PP. Then we only paid for the Parks for Me, my wife and my grandaughter. We paid for about half the total food bill. The trip probably set us back over $5,000.00. And if you add the maintenance fee for the two years of timeshares we needed to trade, that goes up over $7000.00. If we had to get hotel rooms it would have been more. No it costs a fortune to go to Disney. Most people save up for several years to go. Its kinda like going to DC, you have to take the family there once in the kid's childhood to give them that experience. (If its possible of course)[/quote]</p>

oh man, i LOVED DC. i went twice as a kid. <u>I was sucha history nerd. still am </u>lol</p>[/quote]Same. One of our old tvs had the history channel logo branded on the corner of the screen lol

I really need to visit DC. Driving back from Miami I saw so many museums in the DC area that I wanted to go to, but we needed to get back for work.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Yeah...Sea World was my least favorite day. There's nothing like the Magic Kingdom, its heads and shoulders better than any other park. Epcot is great too but just different. Animal Kingdom was OK. I didn't go the Hollywood (The old MGM) because we didn't think that my granddaugther would be that interested, but I would have liked that. To me its really about the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Those are the best parks by far. No one does it like Disney. They charge a lot but they work hard to justify the cost.[/quote]</P>

I'm trying to remember exactly where I went....
    The day everyone went to Animal Kingdom I think I got sick, so I stayed home?
    Magic Kingdom is actually what I dont remember....like I know I went lol...but, I only remember a few things. My youngest brother was 10 at the time, I know I brought him on all the smaller rides, but yea, I have no idea.
    I dont know what MGM/Hollywood is....at least not by name. I looked it up, and I dont think I went.
    I remember universal, with all the crazy movie stuff/rides. Some of that was ok....mostly because the rides were well-known...
    </P>

[/quote]I notice most of you guys do some traveling/vacations and such ...there wasn't a lot of money aroud when I was a kid...but we had a camp on a little lake up my Dad and Gramp built in the 50's..We would spend a month or two there in summer when I was growing up...good time...we still have the place shared ownership...I mostly go out there in the winter and ice fish its a peaceful place....Back in my rock and roll days man we through some bad *** parties nothing like playing music outdoors we could be heard for miles I miss those days ...</P>

never been to D world....we use to take our kids to new Hampshire lot of fun things to do there beautiful state</P>[/quote] New Hampshire is great. My daughter got married with the Presidential Range in the background. When I was a kid, we took a family vacation on a lake near Augusta, Maine. That was a great place.[/quote]probably Cobbossee lake...I know it well fished it many times its only about a 1/2 hour drive for here where we live

+ Reply to Thread