+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]
    I've driven it about 5 or 6 times. Once by myself from Wilbraham, MA to Naples, FL when my parents moved down there and asked me to drive one of their cars for them. that was the most pleasent....BY MYSELF. I drove to Tampa with my college baseball team in two vans. That was a nightmare.
    If I can talk to myself, blast my stereo and generally daydream the entire trip, I'm OK.[/quote]

It builds character!

no I know what you mean, most of the trip was ok, but as kids me my brother and sister definitely got on each others nerves pretty bad at times, arguing about someone taking up too much room etc etc.

but most of the time we just read books or played gameboys...we would always leave late at night to miss the DC traffic so a large chunk of the time was sleeping, my mom and father would switch off (90% of the time it was non-stop) later on they bought their camper so we'd pull off at a walmart and get a few hours sleep in our camper...and then stay at a KOA in the camper when not staying with the family down there.
    [/quote]
    Can you imagine you and I in a car for 20 hours? A hole would be torn in the universe.
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Well we took 6 people, including ourselves. We didn't pay for a hotel room, just two timeshare trades which were something like $300 per unit. We paid for everyone's airfare which was around $300 PP. Then we only paid for the Parks for Me, my wife and my grandaughter. We paid for about half the total food bill. The trip probably set us back over $5,000.00. And if you add the maintenance fee for the two years of timeshares we needed to trade, that goes up over $7000.00. If we had to get hotel rooms it would have been more. No it costs a fortune to go to Disney. Most people save up for several years to go. Its kinda like going to DC, you have to take the family there once in the kid's childhood to give them that experience. (If its possible of course)[/quote]</p>

oh man, i LOVED DC. i went twice as a kid. <u>I was sucha history nerd. still am </u>lol</p>

[/quote]Same. One of our old tvs had the history channel logo branded on the corner of the screen lol

I really need to visit DC. Driving back from Miami I saw so many museums in the DC area that I wanted to go to, but we needed to get back for work.
    [/quote]</p>

Let's go Dezz....we'll have MH swing down, and we'll take a 4 day trip. And on the way we'll sing," And we're the 3 best friends that anyone could have! We're the 3 best friends that anyone could have! We're the 3 best friends that anyone could have!And we'll never ever ever leave each other!!!"</p>

<u>And then we'll leave MH in downtown baltimore..... </u>=P</p>[/quote]lmao.
    Im really down to go though. Mags wanted to go too.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]Can you imagine you and I in a car for 20 hours? A hole would be torn in the universe.[/quote]

The arguing thing isn't just me, it's my whole family, trust me I'm remembering it fondly....but I'm sure it was absolute hell at times.

we would be bad, my family was probably worse though....and the universe is still doing ok...you know, besides the rapid expansion and the inevitable entropy....:P

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

All-Pro

[quote user="byron"]

reminds me of a story a buddy of mine and I are fishing Cobbossee preparing for a bass tourney..We see this little stream coming into the lake...Hell we are in a bass boat so we head up the thing...the stream keeps getting smaller as we go to the point we are pushing overhanging tree limbs out of the way to get through...</p>

We need to get turned around so we have to keep going looking for enough room to do it...We finally break through to a groomed wide spot with a nice looking walk over bridge ....out of the corner eye I see this guy in his full back swingteeing off on a golf ball....well lets just say when he sees us it all went bad and the ball went about 10ft and landed in the pool right in front of us ...I can still see the guy stomping across that ****ing bridgewhile we are laughing and scrambling to get out there we're in the middle of a golf coarse....haha </p>[/quote]

I wish I could have seen that, that is a hilarious story.

All-Pro

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="byron"]

reminds me of a story a buddy of mine and I are fishing Cobbossee preparing for a bass tourney..We see this little stream coming into the lake...Hell we are in a bass boat so we head up the thing...the stream keeps getting smaller as we go to the point we are pushing overhanging tree limbs out of the way to get through...</P>

We need to get turned around so we have to keep going looking for enough room to do it...We finally break through to a groomed wide spot with a nice looking walk over bridge ....out of the corner eye I see this guy in his full back swingteeing off on a golf ball....well lets just say when he sees us it all went bad and the ball went about 10ft and landed in the pool right in front of us ...I can still see the guy stomping across that ****ing bridgewhile we are laughing and scrambling to get out there we're in the middle of a golf coarse....haha </P>[/quote]

[/quote]we were drinking and taking a break/killing time the lake windy and rough...we busted a gut man....

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"]I believe this is the plan he's talking about.

Disney Offer

he's probably neglecting to mention the travel...but car travel is probably the way he goes, say 3 tanks of gas each way so add another 50x6=300$ still you are looking at around 3k for a family of 4 for 6 days 7 nights.
    [/quote] Thats a long *** drive.[/quote]

been through that drive at least 16 times in my life...it's not "that" bad...lol

<U>I think my father got to the florida boarder once in 16 hours? I think that was our best time...in an old Buick station wagon, with a rear facing seat in the trunk lol.
    </U>
    it's still another 4ish hours from the boarder to Orlando though if I remember correctly.
    [/quote]</P>

wow that is pretty good....
    I think my record for a long trip is my 2nd semester at UGA, I drove back to Athens, GA in 13 hours with my buddy also from PK. It easier when you dont have to stop much except gas.
    I'd say that based no your dad's 16 hour drive, I'd probably be on par with that time.
    </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Can you imagine you and I in a car for 20 hours? A hole would be torn in the universe.[/quote]

The arguing thing isn't just me, it's my whole family, trust me I'm remembering it fondly....but I'm sure it was absolute hell at times.

we would be bad, my family was probably worse though....and the universe is still doing ok...you know, besides the rapid expansion and the inevitable entropy....:P
    [/quote]</P>

SCIENCE!!!!!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="byron"]

reminds me of a story a buddy of mine and I are fishing Cobbossee preparing for a bass tourney..We see this little stream coming into the lake...Hell we are in a bass boat so we head up the thing...the stream keeps getting smaller as we go to the point we are pushing overhanging tree limbs out of the way to get through...</P>

We need to get turned around so we have to keep going looking for enough room to do it...We finally break through to a groomed wide spot with a nice looking walk over bridge ....out of the corner eye I see this guy in his full back swingteeing off on a golf ball....well lets just say when he sees us it all went bad and the ball went about 10ft and landed in the pool right in front of us ...I can still see the guy stomping across that ****ing bridgewhile we are laughing and scrambling to get out there we're in the middle of a golf coarse....haha </P>[/quote]

[/quote]
    HAHAHAHAHA that is hilarious!!!!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"]I believe this is the plan he's talking about.

Disney Offer

he's probably neglecting to mention the travel...but car travel is probably the way he goes, say 3 tanks of gas each way so add another 50x6=300$ still you are looking at around 3k for a family of 4 for 6 days 7 nights.
    [/quote] Thats a long *** drive.[/quote]

been through that drive at least 16 times in my life...it's not "that" bad...lol

<U>I think my father got to the florida boarder once in 16 hours? I think that was our best time...in an old Buick station wagon, with a rear facing seat in the trunk lol.
    </U>
    it's still another 4ish hours from the boarder to Orlando though if I remember correctly.
    [/quote]</P>

wow that is pretty good....
    I think my record for a long trip is my 2nd semester at UGA, I drove back to Athens, GA in 13 hours with my buddy also from PK. It easier when you dont have to stop much except gas.
    I'd say that based no your dad's 16 hour drive, I'd probably be on par with that time.
    </P>[/quote]
    Florida is huge. getting to the FLA border is still a long *** way from Orlando, Tampa and especially Miami or Naples.
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread