+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

BTW. I vote to return the defense scoring to the old points, tunrovers, safeties etc... format. No "yards allowed" and other complex crap like that. The unilateral and frankly "unamerican" decision make last year was unacceptabvle.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]BTW. I vote to return the defense scoring to the old points, tunrovers, safeties etc... format. No "yards allowed" and other complex crap like that. The unilateral and frankly "unamerican" decision make last year was unacceptabvle.[/quote]

I'd rather pick Defensive players then teams honestly.

[quote user="JPizzack"]dont listen to dezz, he plays in a league that has 2 QBs and 2 Kickers.....[/quote]fun is fun.

[quote user="JPizzack"]dont listen to dezz, he plays in a league that has 2 QBs and 2 Kickers.....[/quote]
    Plud he starts players who are on IR.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"]Yes to Flex
    [/quote] What the hell? The reason I'm anti flex is because I bought YOUR argument that having no flex was better for good players.[/quote]

I don't know if I ever made that argument lol Matt was always against flex I was always for it.

I like being able to choose 3RB's or 3WR's each week, Matt has this idea that Fantasy is still about the RB (it used to be) so when you allow flex everyone will choose 3 good RB's....this won't happen but that's what he "thinks" will happen.
    [/quote] I'm confused.....No flex would make the RB LESS important.[/quote]</p>

correct. and considering so many more teams are going 2+ RBs nowadays, that's a bigger decision than ever in fantasy.</p>[/quote]
    Here's my assessment..........<u>Good players don't like the flex. Marginal players like that crutch.</u>[/quote]baloney
    [/quote]
    My case is made.[/quote]It has nothing to do with people being good or not. Sucks when you pay over 20 bucks to play in a league only for your starting rb to get injured week 2. And some people just prefer higher scoring games.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]dont listen to dezz, he plays in a league that has 2 QBs and 2 Kickers.....[/quote]
    Plud he starts players who are on IR.[/quote]Im sorry I dont play with my roster every 30 mins like soooome people round here

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]dont listen to dezz, he plays in a league that has 2 QBs and 2 Kickers.....[/quote]
    Plud he starts players who are on IR.[/quote]Im sorry I dont play with my roster every 30 mins like soooome people round here
    [/quote]
    I think you actually started a dead guy once.

All-Pro

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"]Yes to Flex
    [/quote] What the hell? The reason I'm anti flex is because I bought YOUR argument that having no flex was better for good players.[/quote]

I don't know if I ever made that argument lol Matt was always against flex I was always for it.

I like being able to choose 3RB's or 3WR's each week, Matt has this idea that Fantasy is still about the RB (it used to be) so when you allow flex everyone will choose 3 good RB's....this won't happen but that's what he "thinks" will happen.

correct. and considering so many more teams are going 2+ RBs nowadays, that's a bigger decision than ever in fantasy.</p>[/quote]
    Here's my assessment..........<u>Good players don't like the flex. Marginal players like that crutch.</u>[/quote]baloney
    [/quote]
    My case is made.[/quote]It has nothing to do with people being good or not. Sucks when you pay over 20 bucks to play in a league only for your starting rb to get injured week 2. And some people just prefer higher scoring games.
    [/quote]

that's why you handcuff when possible, the reason I like Flex is because it makes the starting lineup decision more difficult, in my opinion.

when it's 3WR mandatory then you just play your 3rd best WR every week there isn't much thought in that, but if you have a Flex you can play your 3rd WR OR your 3rd RB depending on the matchup's and such...I don't know it just seems like the decision is harder and there is more thinking involved when it comes to flex vs mandatory 3 WR's

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"]Yes to Flex
    [/quote]
    What the hell?
    The reason I'm anti flex is because I bought YOUR argument that having no flex was better for good players.[/quote]

[/quote]
    I'm confused.....No flex would make the RB LESS important.[/quote]

Matt's point - Flex = 3 RB's for everyone all the time.
    My Point - Flex = more options for everyone every week.

and while I may have said something to the effect of "you know you are playing in a deep league when you play X Receiver" that is completely separate from whether flex is involved or not...they really have nothing to do with each other, you can play a deep league with flex or without.

[/quote]

No my argument is that strategy should be in how you build your team and weekly matchups is a secondary strategy. When you do 2 WR flex leagues it always puts a rush on running backs. It's something that has been proven time and time again with you when we got back and look at draft results.

Personally I say we compromise, 3 WR flex league, 6 point qb td. Tht way everybody is happy
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]

Thanks for proving the point lol
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

+ Reply to Thread