+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"]Yes to Flex
    [/quote] What the hell? The reason I'm anti flex is because I bought YOUR argument that having no flex was better for good players.[/quote]

I don't know if I ever made that argument lol Matt was always against flex I was always for it.

I like being able to choose 3RB's or 3WR's each week, Matt has this idea that Fantasy is still about the RB (it used to be) so when you allow flex everyone will choose 3 good RB's....this won't happen but that's what he "thinks" will happen.
    [/quote] I'm confused.....No flex would make the RB LESS important.[/quote]</P>

</P>

na makes it more important and it shows in the draft. Everybody tries to get 3 RBs, if u don't have the value then u may not try for 3 RBs. But then everybody reaches on RB depth as well</P>

[/quote]

just because people do it doesn't make it the right thing to do Matt.

WR's and RB's are pretty much equal at this point, if it comes down to it I'm totally going to pick a WR before a RB if we are talking about picking up a #5 WR vs a #10 RB or a #25WR vs a #35RB

everyone else can rush to get 3 RB's if they want I won't do that because although that used to be the way to go about it, it isn't anymore....even though people still follow the method.
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

its what always happens and u'd be stupid not to. Thats why it makes the league less competitive.</P>

</P>

</P>
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

i have to be honest, i think im starting to like the idea of 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE, 1 TE best</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]fantasy football is all about the draft, everybody knows this[/quote]

The draft is obviously important, but I don't agree it's the most important, to me the most important part is being able to adjust to the injuries that are going to happen during the year, the best draft in the world doesn't mean jack if you lose your starting RB and QB and have no idea who to pick up or trade for afterwards....

being good at recovering from the unexpected through FA and Trades is more important then setting up your team at the start...because you simple can not control what will happen through out the course of the year...the ability to adapt that's the biggest skill in Fantasy in my opinion.

</p>

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and everybody always tries to go for 3 RBs and then reaches for depth if they don'jt You swear that it doesn't kill the draft but u yourself had 3 RBs at the end of 4 rounds last time we had a flex league [/quote]</p>

only because it made sense, right now WR's and RB's are very similar in terms of points scored, you want to ignore good WR's to get worse RB's just because of conventional wisdom....go ahead, I won't though.
    </p>

</p>

</p>

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]its what always happens and u'd be stupid not to. Thats why it makes the league less competitive.[/quote]

you'd be stupid to pick a lower value RB instead of a higher value WR....Value is always where it's at in the draft...look at "Reese" :P

the 3 RB theory was key back in the day when every team had one work horse....that's not the case anymore and thus the theory no longer holds true.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Flex makes it easier. You almost always start a RB over a WR. A couple years ago I had Addai as a great flex guy. I just plugged him in every week. Then I had LT two years ago...same thing. Not much to decide really.[/quote]

every year the NFL is becoming more and more Pass Heavy, WR's vs RB's is pretty much equal at this point....especially when you are talking about 3rd options.
    [/quote]</p>

which is exactly why a 2 WR flex league would make it a RB league, because everybody would go RB heavy because there is so much depth at WR to plug in 2 starters a week</p>[/quote]

I disagree, because it's so pass heavy the starting WR's for teams are now scoring as many if not more fantasy points then the starting RB's....even more no that all the teams are splitting RB carries.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]fantasy football is all about the draft, everybody knows this[/quote]

The draft is obviously important, but I don't agree it's the most important, to me the most important part is being able to adjust to the injuries that are going to happen during the year, the best draft in the world doesn't mean jack if you lose your starting RB and QB and have no idea who to pick up or trade for afterwards....

being good at recovering from the unexpected through FA and Trades is more important then setting up your team at the start...because you simple can not control what will happen through out the course of the year...the ability to adapt that's the biggest skill in Fantasy in my opinion.

</P>

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and everybody always tries to go for 3 RBs and then reaches for depth if they don'jt</P>

You swear that it doesn't kill the draft but u yourself had 3 RBs at the end of 4 rounds last time we had a flex league[/quote]</P>

only because it made sense, right now WR's and RB's are very similar in terms of points scored, you want to ignore good WR's to get worse RB's just because of conventional wisdom....go ahead, I won't though.
    </P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]
    </P>

so u think being able to adjust to injuries with the flex is a harder thing to do? I just don't see how thats possible at all.</P>

</P>

Draft is the most important thing, making the decision between an RB3 and WR 2 isn't too hard especially once bye weeks start. </P>

When would it not make sense to grab 3 RBs if u only have 2 WRs to start?</P>

You said it yourself that NFL is a passing game so plug and playing 2 WRs wpould be the easiest thing to do. All anybody would do is just not draft 2 WRs soon.</P>

It doesn't make anything more interesting or tactical, it make you draft 3 RBs if your able to draft 3 RBs that are worth it.</P>

</P>

Thats why I like the 3 WR and flex while keeping QB points at 6. I mean people just gotta build however they want</P>

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]its what always happens and u'd be stupid not to. Thats why it makes the league less competitive.[/quote]

you'd be stupid to pick a lower value RB instead of a higher value WR....Value is always where it's at in the draft...look at "Reese" :P

the 3 RB theory was key back in the day when every team had one work horse....that's not the case anymore and thus the theory no longer holds true.
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

no you wouldn't because u may not get that WR next round but odds are you'll probably be able to find a comparable WR. Too many receivers out there getting points to just mandatory start ionly 2 WRs.</P>

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Flex makes it easier. You almost always start a RB over a WR. A couple years ago I had Addai as a great flex guy. I just plugged him in every week. Then I had LT two years ago...same thing. Not much to decide really.[/quote]

every year the NFL is becoming more and more Pass Heavy, WR's vs RB's is pretty much equal at this point....especially when you are talking about 3rd options.
    [/quote]</P>

which is exactly why a 2 WR flex league would make it a RB league, because everybody would go RB heavy because there is so much depth at WR to plug in 2 starters a week</P>

[/quote]

I disagree, because it's so pass heavy the starting WR's for teams are now scoring as many if not more fantasy points then the starting RB's....even more no that all the teams are splitting RB carries.
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

i mean i know you know your wrong by now but i'll keep going wtih u anyway becuase i only have ten more minutes of lunch...</P>

</P>

everybody would just wait on WRs for the most part</P>

bottom line: last time Daven posted this same exact argument - he drafted 3 RBs in the 1st 4 rounds

#themoreyouknow

fantasy football season!!

Every year im like "I'm only gonna do 1 league this year...."

And every year I get roped into more....ugh
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread