+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"] Deciding who to start is no challenge.[/quote]

you don't take into account who your players are playing against? of course there is challenge in who to start week to week.

[quote user="Morehead State"] the challenge is building your team, monitoring the league and having some imagination on who to pick up and who to drop. It means knowing the schedule, who's got what opponents down the road. Who's got bye's coming up. etc..... You win with preparation, not game time decisions.[/quote]

I would say are both equal, paying attention the day of to see if someone is a late scratch...whether it be your #2 WR for example...or just as important say you have a #2 WR going up against revis so you decide to sit him but that day Revis is scratched....you have time to go in and re-start your #2 guy.

Game day decisions are just as important as your draft over the long run, just like your Free Agent picks are just as important as well, the draft is obviously important, but being able to make decisions week to week and being able to recover from injuries the the free agent market are just as important.
    [/quote]</p>

</p>

no where near to the degree that we put time into figuring who we want to draft and how is the best way to go about it</p>[/quote] bpa....or justwing it[/quote]

well that may be you, but most people mock and do alot of research. You may get that on sundays with some decisions, but nothing is bigger than deciding who u think is BPA and getting info on your players. The most research is def done in the draft in comparison to putting a starting lineup out. Infact the draft dictates what your starting lineup is
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="DavenIII"]will we lose the history...

we still haven't gotten to 10,000 pages yet.
    [/quote]

yea pretty sure we are

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="lawl"]If theres a potential for a 3 wr 2 rb plus a flex then I do not want to vote for flex.[/quote]</p>

</p>

wow really, tahts surprising considering your pushing for the legacy league</p>[/quote]

Its how it is in the dynasty league. 3 wr 2 Rb 1 te and a rb/te/wr flex[/quote]

i know thats why im saying im surprised ur that against it

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"]will we lose the history...

we still haven't gotten to 10,000 pages yet.
    [/quote]Im pretty positive we broke the record for most pages in a thread.
    [/quote]</p>

yea, but for some reason we didn't get it acknowledged.....matt has more info on that I think.</p>[/quote]

i googled it for a day, i never got the answer I wanted and we had to pay to even be reviewed - **** that

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Its simple Daven, go look at the top 36 WRs and go look at the top 24 RBs...

then add in the fact that some people will be getting 3 of the top 24 RBs...[/quote]

I've looked, there isn't a large discrepancy I see no reason why someone wouldn't give up say a #24 RB for a #20 WR.

of course some people will end up with 3 top 24 RB's others will end up with 3 top 24 Wr's which is just as good, those two things are the same now, it didn't used to be but it is now...which is why Flex doesn't necessarily mean everyone should go for an extra RB anymore, now they should go where ever the value is...and it's pretty equal between WR and RB so which ever the best on the board is at that time WR or RB doesn't matter is the player that should be taken.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="lawl"]If theres a potential for a 3 wr 2 rb plus a flex then I do not want to vote for flex.[/quote]</p>

*</p>

wow really, tahts surprising considering your pushing for the legacy league</p>[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea. The reason I like it in that format is that I have alot iof,young players and over time I'll have a stud at every starting position. Can't do that ina one year format.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Its simple Daven, go look at the top 36 WRs and go look at the top 24 RBs...

then add in the fact that some people will be getting 3 of the top 24 RBs...[/quote]

I've looked, there isn't a large discrepancy I see no reason why someone wouldn't give up say a #24 RB for a #20 WR.

of course some people will end up with 3 top 24 RB's others will end up with 3 top 24 Wr's which is just as good, those two things are the same now, it didn't used to be but it is now...which is why Flex doesn't necessarily mean everyone should go for an extra RB anymore, now they should go where ever the value is...and it's pretty equal between WR and RB so which ever the best on the board is at that time WR or RB doesn't matter is the player that should be taken.
    [/quote]

because the top 20 WR isn't a huge drop off from the 35th WR...

All-Pro

Like right now the notable guys on my team are Eli, run dmc, beanie Wells, the law firm, witten, vjack,, Roddy white, Steve.Smith (car), Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

</p>

[/quote]

Yea. The reason I like it in that format is that I have alot iof,young players and over time I'll have a stud at every starting position. Can't do that ina one year format.[/quote]

well you kind of played into the whole thats why flex sucks argument.

Its not about just draftin BPA, its about putting together the best possible team. If it was really about just getting whoever is best, then QBs should be all first round since they score the most points. Theres no stratagy in regular flex, QBs and WRs are deep. People will reach on the top of each but its going to be RB heavy. ANd anybody that doesn't go that route will be left in the wind most likely and everybody that drafts knows it.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Its simple Daven, go look at the top 36 WRs and go look at the top 24 RBs...

[/quote]

because the top 20 WR isn't a huge drop off from the 35th WR...
    [/quote]

even down to the 35th you got Donald Brown at 103 Fantasy Pts vs Eric Decker at 113 Fantasy points.

now that's 70 picks just from RB/WR throw in at least 6 more QB's maybe a TE like Gronk etc etc

the first 80 picks I don't think you are getting deeper then the 35th RB or WR and it's still even at that point....we have 12 teams

80/12=6.666 repeating...

flex can't possible even come into effect in terms of picking until the late 6th round, and even then I'm not sure wat the drop off is past 35 but at that point people are already going to have their starting 5 players for 2RB and 2WR and the Flex.

Flex "shouldn't" have the impact you think it does anymore MMB, if it does it's simply because people are picking based off old conventional wisdom and now what's really best for the team.

+ Reply to Thread