+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]QBs and WRs are deep.[/quote]

WR's aren't much deeper then RB's Matt, that's what I'm trying to tell you.

maybe if we were playing with 20 teams...

but down to 35 even 40 players deep for RB's and WR's they are still pretty even points wise.

you are talking 80 picks...no one "should" be rushing the RB picks...it doesn't make sense to, people WILL because it's conventional wisdom...but it just doesn't hold true anymore.

All-Pro

heading home, I'm just saying Matt (and everyone else buying into his opinion)

do the research yourself, look up last years RB's vs WR's there is practically no difference until pretty late...like 40+ and even then it's 10-15 points lower for RB's....which coincidentally is how much higher the top 5-10 RB's are higher then their WR's counter parts.

if you want to rush RB's if we go flex go for it, but it's probably not the smart thing to do anymore...unless you get lucky and certain RB's just happen to be available...that's what happened to me the other year when we played with the Flex, guess what happened I still ended up doing poorly....cause I didn't have solid Receivers...

All-Pro

I don't care what we do, but I would love for qb tds to be 4 pts

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Its simple Daven, go look at the top 36 WRs and go look at the top 24 RBs...

then add in the fact that some people will be getting 3 of the top 24 RBs...[/quote]

I've looked, there isn't a large discrepancy I see no reason why someone wouldn't give up say a #24 RB for a #20 WR.

of course some people will end up with 3 top 24 RB's others will end up with 3 top 24 Wr's which is just as good, those two things are the same now, it didn't used to be but it is now...which is why Flex doesn't necessarily mean everyone should go for an extra RB anymore, now they should go where ever the value is...and it's pretty equal between WR and RB so which ever the best on the board is at that time WR or RB doesn't matter is the player that should be taken.
    [/quote]

because the top 20 WR isn't a huge drop off from the 35th WR...
    [/quote]

even down to the 35th you got Donald Brown at 103 Fantasy Pts vs Eric Decker at 113 Fantasy points.

now that's 70 picks just from RB/WR throw in at least 6 more QB's maybe a TE like Gronk etc etc

the first 80 picks I don't think you are getting deeper then the 35th RB or WR and it's still even at that point....we have 12 teams

80/12=6.666 repeating...

flex can't possible even come into effect in terms of picking until the late 6th round, and even then I'm not sure wat the drop off is past 35 but at that point people are already going to have their starting 5 players for 2RB and 2WR and the Flex.

Flex "shouldn't" have the impact you think it does anymore MMB, if it does it's simply because people are picking based off old conventional wisdom and now what's really best for the team.

[/quote]

lol it will EVEN MORE. In general, RBs will go fast and WRs will be waited out in a standard league. Add the possibility of someone with the first pick being able to grab Arian Foster, and come back with the snake of a combo like Trent Richardson/Darren Sproles type tandem. Bet your *** whoever is going to do that will do that instead of drafting a Julio Jones or Victor Cruz, because next time they come snake they will land a Steve Smith and Desean Jackson type. And by that time do you know what running backs are left? Doug Martin? Hillis?

Giving somebody the opportunity to land 3 RBs will turn it into a RB draft. Forcing them to draft 3 WRs, people won't be forced and there could actually be some stratagy instead of well if you got a shot at 3 RBs, you take it. It will filter the rest of the draft when it happens.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="lawl"]I don't care what we do, but I would love for qb tds to be 4 pts[/quote]

no way i'm voting that if we do a regular flex... talk about just making it COMPLETELY about the RBs.

At least if we have 6 points for QB TDs, there will be something there to counter balance people from really just trying to draft all RBs.

[quote user="DavenIII"]heading home, I'm just saying Matt (and everyone else buying into his opinion)

do the research yourself, look up last years RB's vs WR's there is practically no difference until pretty late...like 40+ and even then it's 10-15 points lower for RB's....which coincidentally is how much higher the top 5-10 RB's are higher then their WR's counter parts.

if you want to rush RB's if we go flex go for it, but it's probably not the smart thing to do anymore...unless you get lucky and certain RB's just happen to be available...that's what happened to me the other year when we played with the Flex, guess what happened I still ended up doing poorly....cause I didn't have solid Receivers...
    [/quote]

it doesn't matter how it ends up, it matters how the draft goes

If u think Going Foster - Richardson - Turner isn't the move to make because you wan tBrandon MArshall, well then im glad your a paying a customer in the league

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Its simple Daven, go look at the top 36 WRs and go look at the top 24 RBs...

then add in the fact that some people will be getting 3 of the top 24 RBs...[/quote]

I've looked, there isn't a large discrepancy I see no reason why someone wouldn't give up say a #24 RB for a #20 WR.

of course some people will end up with 3 top 24 RB's others will end up with 3 top 24 Wr's which is just as good, those two things are the same now, it didn't used to be but it is now...which is why Flex doesn't necessarily mean everyone should go for an extra RB anymore, now they should go where ever the value is...and it's pretty equal between WR and RB so which ever the best on the board is at that time WR or RB doesn't matter is the player that should be taken.
    [/quote]

because the top 20 WR isn't a huge drop off from the 35th WR...
    [/quote]

even down to the 35th you got Donald Brown at 103 Fantasy Pts vs Eric Decker at 113 Fantasy points.

now that's 70 picks just from RB/WR throw in at least 6 more QB's maybe a TE like Gronk etc etc

the first 80 picks I don't think you are getting deeper then the 35th RB or WR and it's still even at that point....we have 12 teams

80/12=6.666 repeating...
    <font size="6">
    flex can't possible even come into effect in terms of picking until the late 6th round,</font> and even then I'm not sure wat the drop off is past 35 but at that point people are already going to have their starting 5 players for 2RB and 2WR and the Flex.

Flex "shouldn't" have the impact you think it does anymore MMB, if it does it's simply because people are picking based off old conventional wisdom and now what's really best for the team.

[/quote]

it just doesn't make sense for you t osay that when you drafted 3 RBs in the first 4 rounds last time we did flex. If we were standard league at that time and u did that you would of shot yourself in the foot

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]QBs and WRs are deep.[/quote]

but down to 35 even 40 players deep for RB's and WR's they are still pretty even points wise.

you are talking 80 picks...no one "should" be rushing the RB picks...it doesn't make sense to, people WILL because it's conventional wisdom...but it just doesn't hold true anymore.
    [/quote]

well i think thats insane to say... I think theres a huge difference between a Shonn Greene and a Miles Austin...

Then go look at possible WR3s a guy like Stevie Johnson or Reggie Wayne.. who could also really be WR2s...

so anybody that is doing any sort of research for this draft is going to go 3 RBs if they can... which isn't strategic, its common sense.

FLEX VOTE UPDATE:

NO FLEX: Me, Amanda, Pappy, Byron

YES FLEX: Daven, Lawl, Sharick, Kase

waiting on Lando, LT, and Pats

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]QBs and WRs are deep.[/quote]

[/quote]

I just don't get how u can say WRs aren't deeper, but RBs values are decreased because of the passing game. Its like your talking out of both sides of your mouth on this.

+ Reply to Thread