+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]exactly daven - hence why it turns it into a running back league. What are u missing wtih this?[/quote]

My point Matt.

is that if I get the wrap around pick 2nd and 3rd and my board looks like this.

#18 Still Available WR
    #20 Still Available WR
    #26 Still Available RB

I'm going to pick the 2 Receivers.

and everyone SHOULD be doing that....if they don't and everyone hoards RB's because of some supposed RB Flex advantage then I'll rock them, sure my #2 RB might be weak, but my #1 will be good and I'll have rock solid WR's and a rock solid flex in my #3 receiver.
    [/quote].

Well that's where you'll go wrong. Because the #20 WR is on par with the #33 WR.

And if 25 rbs are drafted by your 3rd round pick, well then my point has been made hasn't it
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="byron"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]12/ any suggestions?[/quote]

Yeah.

#1) ESPN
    #2) Flex
    #3) QB TD's 4 points not 6.

(And before you say It I know you meant any suggestions for new players...I just took the opportunity :P)
    [/quote]
    ESPN, every year. lol

We play Yahoo cause it keeps our stats.

I think it should be kept same as last year. QB TD's make it a more QB important league.
    [/quote] again awhile back....*not sure if this is a vote for or against flex...same as last would lead one to believe no flex [/quote]

Lol we aren't ever voting on yahoo/ESPN again lol. 75% sy yahoo every year.

We are waiting on LT and Pats
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]12/ any suggestions?[/quote]

Yeah.

#1) ESPN
    #2) Flex
    #3) QB TD's 4 points not 6.

(And before you say It I know you meant any suggestions for new players...I just took the opportunity :P)
    [/quote]
    ESPN, every year. lol

We play Yahoo cause it keeps our stats.

I think it should be kept same as last year. QB TD's make it a more QB important league.
    [/quote] again awhile back....not sure if this is a vote for or against flex...same as last would lead one to believe no flex [/quote] Lol we aren't ever voting on yahoo/ESPN again lol. 75% sy yahoo every year. We are waiting on LT and Pats[/quote] pats voted flex awhile back I bumped his postabove ....LT is the swing vote !!

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]exactly daven - hence why it turns it into a running back league. What are u missing wtih this?[/quote]

My point Matt.

#18 Still Available WR
    #20 Still Available WR
    #26 Still Available RB

and everyone SHOULD be doing that....if they don't and everyone hoards RB's because of some supposed RB Flex advantage then I'll rock them, sure my #2 RB might be weak, but my #1 will be good and I'll have rock solid WR's and a rock solid flex in my #3 receiver.
    [/quote].

Well that's where you'll go wrong. Because the #20 WR is on par with the #33 WR.

And if 25 rbs are drafted by your 3rd round pick, well then my point has been made hasn't it[/quote]

ok, tell me I'm wrong when I'm picking players higher up on my draft board, that's fine, we'll make our wagers again and see who wins this year.

also just like I said before just because everyone does something doesn't mean it's right, if 25RB's are picked before my 3rd round pick then that just means to me that people are over valuing the RB position and I'm gonna get a steal at WR or QB.

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    also just like I said before just because everyone does something doesn't mean it's right, if 25RB's are picked before my 3rd round pick then that just means to me that people are over valuing the RB position and I'm gonna get a steal at WR or QB.
    [/quote]</P>

There's definitely not nearly as much value at RB as their used to be. Not as many sure things....aka studs...and there are like 5 breakthrough players every year that went undrafted in fantasy.
    I'll take the elite QBs and WRs first ALL DAY!!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]exactly daven - hence why it turns it into a running back league. What are u missing wtih this?[/quote]

My point Matt.

#18 Still Available WR
    #20 Still Available WR
    #26 Still Available RB

[/quote]. Well that's where you'll go wrong. Because the #20 WR is on par with the #33 WR. And if 25 rbs are drafted by your 3rd round pick, well then my point has been made hasn't it[/quote]

ok, tell me I'm wrong when I'm picking players higher up on my draft board, that's fine, we'll make our wagers again and see who wins this year.

[/quote]</P>

jesus christ you guys are over analyzing wtf in going to or what should happen in a ff draft...with 12 different players who all have their way of ranking, picking and playing....the ones who do the better job of it will of coasefair better in the long run.... what makes this leauge competive is the players not the ****ing rules.....aside from myself we have acollectively damb good bunch of players that keeps getting better year after year.....what should happen is not whats going to happen hardly ever......so lets set the ****ingrulesand get on with it !!!.....just saying..[]</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="byron"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]exactly daven - hence why it turns it into a running back league. What are u missing wtih this?[/quote]

My point Matt.

#18 Still Available WR
    #20 Still Available WR
    #26 Still Available RB

[/quote]. Well that's where you'll go wrong. Because the #20 WR is on par with the #33 WR. And if 25 rbs are drafted by your 3rd round pick, well then my point has been made hasn't it[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

jesus christ you guys are over analyzing wtf in going to or what should happen in a ff draft...with 12 different players who all have their way of ranking, picking and playing....the ones who do the better job of it will of coasefair better in the long run.... what makes this leauge competive is the players not the ****ing rules.....aside from myself we have acollectively damb good bunch of players that keeps getting better year after year.....what should happen is not whats going to happen hardly ever......so lets set the ****ingrulesand get on with it !!!.....just saying..[]</p>[/quote]

I agree with B-dog

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    [/quote]</P>

There's definitely not nearly as much value at RB as their used to be. Not as many sure things....aka studs...and there are like 5 breakthrough players every year that went undrafted in fantasy.
    <FONT color=#0000ff>I'll take the elite QBs and WRs first ALL DAY!!</FONT></P>[/quote] This ! ffpoint getter's...of coarse this can be off set by changing the ffpoint system..[:|]

[quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    [/quote]</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>I'll take the elite QBs and WRs first ALL DAY!!</FONT></P>

[/quote] This ! ffpoint getter's...of coarse this can be off set by changing the ffpoint system..[:|][/quote]</P>

yea....i mean...look at the RBs from last year, and how many of the the impact guys specifically in the 2nd half of the season were just jobbers who got big roles later on. You can count on guys like Rice, and Foster......but....why waste high picks when you can get Calvin and Brees early on?!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    [/quote]</p>

<font color="#0000ff">I'll take the elite QBs and WRs first ALL DAY!!</font></p>

[/quote] This ! ffpoint getter's...of coarse this can be off set by changing the ffpoint system..[:|][/quote]</p>

yea....i mean...look at the RBs from last year, and how many of the the impact guys specifically in the 2nd half of the season were just jobbers who got big roles later on. You can count on guys like Rice, and Foster......but....why waste high picks when you can get Calvin and Brees early on?!</p>[/quote]

Exactly, I mean the vibe I get from Matt (and this is obviously hyperbole) is that if his 3rd pick a guy like Greg Jennings is left he's gonna pass on him for someone like Donald Brown because you know...Running back....so automatically better, but only if there is a flex.

it makes no sense.

+ Reply to Thread