+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    also just like I said before just because everyone does something doesn't mean it's right, if 25RB's are picked before my 3rd round pick then that just means to me that people are over valuing the RB position and I'm gonna get a steal at WR or QB.
    [/quote]</P>

There's definitely not nearly as much value at RB as their used to be. Not as many sure things....aka studs...and there are like 5 breakthrough players every year that went undrafted in fantasy.
    <FONT color=#0000ff>I'll take the elite QBs and WRs first ALL DAY!!</FONT></P>

[/quote] This ! ffpoint getter's...of coarse this can be off set by changing the ffpoint system..[:|][/quote]</P>

yea....i mean...look at the RBs from last year, and how many of the the impact guys specifically in the 2nd half of the season were just jobbers who got big roles later on. You can count on guys like Rice, and Foster......but....why waste high picks when you can get Calvin and Brees early on?!</P>[/quote] I'm with ya...rbs get hurt far to much for my taste then the two back systems all around the leauge goal line guys and such...some of the nfl coaches are ****ing crazy how they use their rbs... jmo....I think going into this year there are a lot/or will beof questions surrounding the big names of the past also ...I see a changing of the guard comingfor the top tier ffrbs....we will see how guys like AP and Fred Taylor come back from thier injurys ...

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    also just like I said before just because everyone does something doesn't mean it's right, if 25RB's are picked before my 3rd round pick then that just means to me that people are over valuing the RB position and I'm gonna get a steal at WR or QB.
    [/quote]</p>

There's definitely not nearly as much value at RB as their used to be. Not as many sure things....aka studs...and there are like 5 breakthrough players every year that went undrafted in fantasy.
    <font color="#0000ff">I'll take the elite QBs and WRs first ALL DAY!!</font></p>

[/quote] This ! ffpoint getter's...of coarse this can be off set by changing the ffpoint system..[:|][/quote]</p>

yea....i mean...look at the RBs from last year, and how many of the the impact guys specifically in the 2nd half of the season were just jobbers who got big roles later on. You can count on guys like Rice, and Foster......but....why waste high picks when you can get Calvin and Brees early on?!</p>[/quote]

Exactly, I mean the vibe I get from Matt (and this is obviously hyperbole) is that if his 3rd pick a guy like Greg Jennings is left he's gonna pass on him for someone like Donald Brown because you know...Running back....so automatically better, but only if there is a flex.

it makes no sense.
    [/quote]
    Greg Jennings or Donald Brown? C'mon Scrappy. Keep it real.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

I guess what I'm trying say is the players in this league will adjust to the rules and the rules will have little if any effect on their game play "again they will adjust"or the quality of the competition......if one finds himself at the bottom of the heap then their game needs some work..

All-Pro

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]
    [/quote]</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>I'll take the elite QBs and WRs first ALL DAY!!</FONT></P>

[/quote] This ! ffpoint getter's...of coarse this can be off set by changing the ffpoint system..[:|][/quote]</P>

yea....i mean...look at the RBs from last year, and how many of the the impact guys specifically in the 2nd half of the season were just jobbers who got big roles later on. You can count on guys like Rice, and Foster......but....why waste high picks when you can get Calvin and Brees early on?!</P>[/quote]

Exactly, I mean the vibe I get from Matt (and this is obviously hyperbole) is that if his 3rd pick a guy like Greg Jennings is left he's gonna pass on him for someone like Donald Brown because you know...Running back....so automatically better, but only if there is a flex.

it makes no sense.
    [/quote] not sure about that comparison ! I don't think anybody in this leauge makes that move flex or otherwise...again the leauge players are to smart to make stupid moves because of the flex rule or any other rule in my mind ...

I guess i think the reason RB's are more valuable is that they are more consistent game in and game out. (all things being the same of course). When you plug in a guy like Ray Rice or MJD, you pretty much know they are getting you a decent amount of points. Any WR, even great ones can have 2 catches for 23 yards on occasion. Obviously with a guy like Megatron that may not be true, but is is for most anyone else.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]Greg Jennings or Donald Brown? C'mon Scrappy. Keep it real.[/quote]

I said I was using hyperbole to make a point lol.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]I guess i think the reason RB's are more valuable is that they are more consistent game in and game out. (all things being the same of course). When you plug in a guy like Ray Rice or MJD, you pretty much know they are getting you a decent amount of points. Any WR, even great ones can have 2 catches for 23 yards on occasion. Obviously with a guy like Megatron that may not be true, but is is for most anyone else.[/quote]

this used to be the case, that's why RB's where always first picks, they were always going to get the 25ish touches every game and be somewhat consistent, but it's just not the case outside the top 6 or 7 RB's anymore (and you can say the same thing about the top 6-7 WR's now because of all the passing)

All-Pro

[quote user="DavenIII"]

Exactly, I mean the vibe I get from Matt <font color="#0000FF" size="4">(and this is obviously hyperbole)</font> is that if his 3rd pick a guy like Greg Jennings is left he's gonna pass on him for someone like Donald Brown because you know...Running back....so automatically better, but only if there is a flex.

it makes no sense.
    [/quote]

[quote user="byron"] not sure about that comparison ![/quote]

How is everyone missing the bold part above, do people here really not read anything I write...I guess I can't blame you lol.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]I guess i think the reason RB's are more valuable is that they are more consistent game in and game out. (all things being the same of course). When you plug in a guy like Ray Rice or MJD, you pretty much know they are getting you a decent amount of points. Any WR, even great ones can have 2 catches for 23 yards on occasion. Obviously with a guy like Megatron that may not be true, but is is for most anyone else.[/quote]

this used to be the case, that's why RB's where always first picks, they were always going to get the 25ish touches every game and be somewhat consistent, but it's just not the case outside the top 6 or 7 RB's anymore (and you can say the same thing about the top 6-7 WR's now because of all the passing)
    [/quote]
    Foster, McCoy, Ray Rice, MJD, Gore, Stephen Jackson, Helu, Greene, Forte, Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Turner, Chris Johnson, Fred Jackson and more....will all get 20 to 25 touches minimum in every game.
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Greg Jennings or Donald Brown? C'mon Scrappy. Keep it real.[/quote]

I said I was using hyperbole to make a point lol.
    [/quote]
    The word "hyperbole" doesn't translate to "stupid comparison's that have no grasp of reality"
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread