+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    maybe your computer sucks
    Now this time it worked. I'm sure it will screw up again.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

And now its screwed up again. No ability to quote and when you hit reply, you can't post until you hit "go advanced".

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why are we talking about so many changes? Now were looking at points per catch? You tricked us into flex AND three WR's. The only reason I switched to flex is because I didn't want 3 WR's. Flex plus 3 WR's is completely stupid. Why not have every player on your roster count for God's sake. Now we have this bizaare flex plus 3 WR nonsense. Now we are talking about PPR.

NO to PPR.
    I agree. I mean, i didnt get to vote because of the league rules, and my sabatical last season, but it was definitely BS the way 3WR was introduced AFTER flex was voted on.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Because Matt's plan was always to have 3 WR AND flex. When I voted on the flex question, I was voting for 2 WR and a flex.

All-Pro
    I was voting on 2WR and flex as well Morehead, but then he came up with the "compromise" while the vote was going on, it gives us a flex while still giving him his 3WR's

I know you don't like it, I actually do because it makes us have to go even deeper looking for players, anything that makes it more difficult to find top quality players is something I'm gonna vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Because Matt's plan was always to have 3 WR AND flex. When I voted on the flex question, I was voting for 2 WR and a flex.
    thats pretty much how I felt about the situation.
    What i'm actually confused about though, is how people saw the 2nd shady vote and were like "oh yea, 3 WR AND flex....totally..."
    lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    thats pretty much how I felt about the situation.
    What i'm actually confused about though, is how people saw the 2nd shady vote and were like "oh yea, 3 WR AND flex....totally..."
    lol

I don't know why people keep calling it shady, he mentioned it 2 or 3 times a page for about 6-10 pages straight....just because you guys weren't paying attention to it and missed it doesn't make it shady.

and the votes that did come in were almost unanimously for it.

It makes the league have to dig deeper...that's a good thing in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I don't know why people keep calling it shady, he mentioned it 2 or 3 times a page for about 6-10 pages straight....just because you guys weren't paying attention to it and missed it doesn't make it shady.

and the votes that did come in were almost unanimously for it.

It makes the league have to dig deeper...that's a good thing in my opinion.
    lol, didnt matter to me, i didnt get to vote.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I'd love to quote you but the friggin boards won't let me. No, Matt definately manipulated the vote but we were guilty of letting him. The problem with 3 WR's (maybe 4 with the flex) is that how a crap WR plays on a given day is more a matter of pure luck. Generally you're hoping for a few catches and if he scores thats just pure luck. I know that luck has a lot to do with FF, but you enhance the chances of luck playing a part with 3 WR's.
    I'm OK with flex because that takes some team strategy. Now a flex PLUS a 3rd WR reduces it to a crap shoot. Thats why Matt likes it, he's a bad player and when you add luck it gives him a better chance.

All-Pro
    yeah I know what you are saying morehead, it's true that there is definitely more luck involved with 3WR-Flex then 2WR-Flex, another thing I don't like about it is in a 3WR-Flex you are almost guaranteed to have 3WR and 3RB vs in the 2WR-Flex it could be either 3WR and 2RB or 2 WR and 3RB since the RB and WR depth and points per game are almost identical (even though matt refuses to acknowledge that fact)

with that all said, it still forces people to know more about teams if they want to get a good 3rd RB and WR you need to know which teams throw to the 3rd and 4th option more often and which teams have a 3 deep RB corps...you know what I mean? I like Fantasy Football to be determined by who knows the most about the most teams and I think the deeper you have to go to find players the more that becomes a factor.

+ Reply to Thread