+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    you guys are funny, I think 3WR 2RB + Flex is going to be WAY harder than you guys anticipate.
    You could play your whole team and lose.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4417 View Post
    No you can't, to me it seems like everyone's scared of something new, In my opinion it's "definitely" going to be harder, the more players you "HAVE" to start the deeper you need to search for players....

In my opinion there is no difference between increasing the members of the league or increasing the players each team needs to start....both in the end do the same thing, make the league harder...because you need to search deeper on depth charts for players.

everyone would agree adding more teams makes a league more difficult to win in, yet everyone's arguing that adding more players makes it easier...but that doesn't make sense since essentially more teams vs more players does the same thing.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4417 View Post
    I get what your saying the weekly game play has been made easier given the fact we increased the starting roster by 1 and the flex option give you three chances to hit or miss each week .....but one team loses every week so I'm not sure what your saying...I liked it the way it was last year and voted as such....my second vote was influenced by the debate and I'll be honest I didn't think it all out and probably shouldn't have voted.....I had lost my vote "the one I cared about" another reason why I shouldn't have voted on the second...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    No you can't, to me it seems like everyone's scared of something new, In my opinion it's "definitely" going to be harder, the more players you "HAVE" to start the deeper you need to search for players....In my opinion there is no difference between increasing the members of the league or increasing the players each team needs to start....both in the end do the same thing, make the league harder...because you need to search deeper on depth charts for players.everyone would agree adding more teams makes a league more difficult to win in, yet everyone's arguing that adding more players makes it easier...but that doesn't make sense since essentially more teams vs more players does the same thing.
    It's not something new for me

Veteran
    I don't like having a bunch of scrubs on my roster. Their point output is so low it's not even worth having them on your team. Since this is only a one year thing, then I feel as though ST points need to have some importance so that there are more players that aren't completely useless that can fill out rosters.The only league I use this format is a dynasty league where it truly will show who the better player is. Whoever puts in the most effort in that league can have good players at all those positions and truly dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    I don't like having a bunch of scrubs on my roster. Their point output is so low it's not even worth having them on your team. Since this is only a one year thing, then I feel as though ST points need to have some importance so that there are more players that aren't completely useless that can fill out rosters.
    this is pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. There's not really much decision making involved with such a huge roster. Sure your draft becomes important, but then it's not a matter of longevity, its just the draft.
    You just start your team, and plug in backups on bye weeks...that's it.
    I came in 2nd place in this league 2 years ago simply because my opponents were bad when i played them, and because Drew Brees was so ****ing ridiculous that I didnt really care who started on my team. It wasn't because the scrubs were performing, I can tell you that much...
    Last edited by JPizzack; 08-06-2012 at 07:43 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    this is pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. There's not really much decision making involved with such a huge roster. Sure your draft becomes important, but then it's not a matter of longevity, its just the draft.
    You just start your team, and plug in backups on bye weeks...that's it.
    I came 2nd in this league 2 years ago simply because my opponents were bad when i played them, and because Drew Brees was so ****ing ridiculous that I didnt really care who started on my team. It wasn't because the scrubs were performing, I can tell you that much...
    yeah and as I remember it that was Matts whole thing it made the draft far more competitive and skill oriented ... I brought into that argument and didn't think about the points you make here...I don't know if these/your points were brought out before I voted...again I should have probably throught it all through on my own...but this is what? my 4th year I think as an ff player I made my vote based on the debate at the time ....

becides that I'm just an old carpenter not a rocket scientist
    Last edited by byron; 08-06-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    yeah and as I remember it that was Matts whole thing it made the draft far more competitive and skill oriented ... I brought into that argument and didn't think about the points you make here...I don't know if these/your points were brought out before I voted...again I should have probably throught it all through on my own...but this is what? my 4th year I think as an ff player I made my vote based on the debate at the time ....

becides that I'm just an old carpenter not a rocket scientist
    Well, I wasnt on the boards for a week or so, came back right at the voting. But at that point I was not in the league, and even when i was asked to be again, I was not allowed to vote due to the rules about the prior year players.
    I'm just letting people know why I don't like this unorthodox set up to a league. Changing scoring is fairly normal, because people like to make sure positions are at least close to the same value, but, to have a league that already has 12 players, WITH a deep bench, and now to add flex + an addition WR....idk....that's just boring to me.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Well, I wasnt on the boards for a week or so, came back right at the voting. But at that point I was not in the league, and even when i was asked to be again, I was not allowed to vote due to the rules about the prior year players.
    I'm just letting people know why I don't like this unorthodox set up to a league. Changing scoring is fairly normal, because people like to make sure positions are at least close to the same value, but, to have a league that already has 12 players, WITH a deep bench, and now to add flex + an addition WR....idk....that's just boring to me.
    yeah I hear ya...the other thing too is everybody was chiming in with opions some angry its hard to make sence of and absorb it all sometimes....

All-Pro
    hey Jp I wonder how long DB and AR will be on the board this year

arrived last night

5 total Gracie's first litter she totally didn't get it...it took awhile....
    Last edited by byron; 08-06-2012 at 08:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread