+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    You jump started thee thread. You should be PROUD!
    exactly, at least we have some intelligent football conversation here lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I would say yes probably, the magnitude and the historical value of that super bowl he won weights a lot into it.
    And his swag switch was always on

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    And his swag switch was always on
    lol he had tooo much swag

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    exactly, at least we have some intelligent football conversation here lol
    give me a minute I'll fix that

Also, do you think we'd be having this conversation if Eli wasn't playing his game at the same time as literally a handful of other HOF Quarterbacks? lol....

I mean, his brother, Brady, Brees? All shoe-ins.....Rodgers....it'd be hard to say he's going to slow his pace....
    I mean, he's got alot to compete with in terms of fitting into MH's definition of great....idk, that may be a moot point to some, but it weighs heavily in my mind.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    lol he had tooo much swag
    haha.... I remember not liking him much didn't care much for his show boating ....he did leave his mark on the game
    Last edited by byron; 08-08-2012 at 03:14 PM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Also, do you think we'd be having this conversation if Eli wasn't playing his game at the same time as literally a handful of other HOF Quarterbacks? lol....

I mean, his brother, Brady, Brees? All shoe-ins.....Rodgers....it'd be hard to say he's going to slow his pace....
    I mean, he's got alot to compete with in terms of fitting into MH's definition of great....idk, that may be a moot point to some, but it weighs heavily in my mind.
    if you think about any two of them guys coming up for the vote at the same time it could play big no?

haha it went south fast late yesterday I don't know Rosey I have on opinion on what would happen right now if Eli were to stop... But he'll get himself into the hall baring injury and/or this org getting totally stupid as to how they build teams ..I think most of us would agree on that.....
    I think so too. The fact that it's debatable is a positive thing for most of us.

All-Pro
    True and I agree with you but if you put Namath on the Jets now, him and Tebow would be fighting for the back up job.
    I disagree with this, you simply can not compare stats from that era to this one, I mean you used to pretty much be able to tackle receivers while the ball was in the air back then...not to mention QB's.

now you can't touch a QB at all and receivers have to have caught the ball and taken a few steps before you can pop them too!

passing stats are inflated nowadays.

if you think about any two of them guys coming up for the vote at the same time it could play big no?
    Well, I would assume that Brady and Brees will retire before Eli, and Rodgers after that....so i dont know if that would be a factor...but, ya never know.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread