+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying that he not on a trajectory to be a HOF'r. We're just saying that he is still in the middle of his career and he's not there yet. If he comes out the next two seasons and stinks it up a lot of people would rethink it. I don't expect that of course but thats why they play the games.

And to say that if he never played another game he would be in the Hall doesn't make sense to me. He's had one truly great season and even there he wasn't even voted to the Pro Bowl. (of course you guys give great creadence to the "vote" for SB MVP) I guess in your minds one vote is OK but the other isn't)
    If Eli retired right now he would be a hall of famer based on his 2 SB MVPs alone.

Honestly we have yet to see the best Eazy E has to offer, every season his maturity level SOARS through the roof, Im LOVIN IT!!!!

....And to think, I used to be an Eli basher, PSH
    Draft Wishlist:
    1st Round- Shane Ray, DE, Mizzou
    2nd Round- Erick Striker, OLB, Oklahoma
    3rd Round- Cody Prewitt, FS, Miss
    4th Round- Zach Vigil, LB, Utah St

FA Wishlist: Re-Sign JPP, Hynoski, and sign Iupati

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I think so too. The fact that it's debatable is a positive thing for most of us.
    thats right I've always liked and had faith in Eli but there have been times he has left me wondering wtf is he doing....Eli is Eli as we used say he got his own bag of swag unlike no other....He's a devoted humble guy who works hard everyday year to improve his game...and the #'s bear that out... and I dare say thats where his greatness lies...no negatives there at all

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    is that rhetorical? lol...

No.....
    he had 1 really good season, and overall, a rather low completion % as a QB, significantly worse INT seasons than Eli, a sub .500 winning record, and only had 130 career starts despite a 12 year career. I dont think he fits into the "Great QB" discussion personally.
    It's just that people get caught up in this cindarella story that happens always in the NFL...i mean, techincally we did the crazy underdog thing twice...lol
    Other than Dan Marino, he was the best pure passer I ever saw. And he had a lot of show off the field, but he was one tough football player on it.
    Get well soon 80.

Other than Dan Marino, he was the best pure passer I ever saw. And he had a lot of show off the field, but he was one tough football player on it.
    toughness doesnt make you a hall of famer....

if it does, add that to Eli's list and put him in the hall now. So says the active iron man record.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

huhhh? even with alllll the other great qbs that are playing right now?
    his numbers are garbage by todays standards. Eli has all his numbers beat already in his 9th season.
    Namath has a qb rating of 60!!!! hahaha

if it does, add that to Eli's list and put him in the hall now. So says the active iron man record.
    Not getting hurt doesn't make you tough. It means no one has gone after your knees etc... It means you've been damn lucky.
    Some of the toughest guys are guys who have come back from terrible injuries, like Phil Simms. Waiting for the last second to throw a football, knowing your gunna get hit, and then getting your finger caught in Carl Hairston's facemask and making a throw (dislocation his finger) doesn't make you less than tough. It actually makes you very tough.

This is a BS point your making Pizz.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

Stat compiling does help though, and toughness helps with that.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    his numbers are garbage by todays standards. Eli has all his numbers beat already in his 9th season.
    numbers from years ago don't count, they were pretty much playing an entirely different game...one not specifically geared towards high passing numbers like todays NFL is.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Had to see him play. His release was incredible and his spiral was tighter than any I had ever seen. And even though he had a rifle arm, (he'd have the best arm in the current NFL if he played today) He had an easy ball to catch because he threw a nose up ball.
    The league was very differnt then. You could maul WR's and kill QB's. And there was no dumping the ball off back then either. Today's league is a joke as far as how easy it is in the passing game compared to then. Plus, QB's called their own plays then. You had to be the OC on the field as well as the QB.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro
    Not getting hurt doesn't make you tough. It means no one has gone after your knees etc... It means you've been damn lucky.
    Dude morehead, sometimes I think you just hate Eli, don't you remember the shoulder seperation that EVERYONE said he was going to take 4-6 weeks to recover from? all the experts and the doctors said it, he was out there the next week...didn't miss a game.

then there was the foot thing plantar fasciitis? he played through that as well, he played well even after getting KILLED against SF last year....

ELI is unquestionably one of the toughest QB's in the NFL right now....not because he's been "lucky" but because he plays through pain...period.

+ Reply to Thread