+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    of course the record books would be different if you put todays hofers back then. todays game has evolved. Baseball has been taught for over 100 years now.
    You can make the same statement for any sport. The players have it easier today with scouting reports, trainers, peds. Id be surprised if the babe knew what a dumbbell was. It IS indeed a race thing. That was the whole point of Toshs joke, thinking black people dominate baseball, but he was wrong.
    Ok Dezzz.....let's say ther are no current players....
    let's just say INSTEAD that in the 1920s hispanics and blacks were allowed to play baseball....

Do you still think the results would be the same? If you still say yes, than I know you are just being ignorant and are focusing too much on the race thing on whatever principle youre sticking to.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No Dezz. You are missing the point. It isn't about "if today's players played back then". Its about "if all the best players back then were allowed to play in the majors".
    Some of the best baseball players of that time were NOT ALLOWED to play. MLB was a restricted league.
    How is it you're not getting this.
    nevermind....i dont want to attack Dezz....i just dont understand why he doesnt understand. lol
    Last edited by JPizzack; 08-17-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    nevermind....i dont want to attack Dezz....i just dont understand why he doesnt understand. lol
    Killjoy!!!
    Get well soon 80.

Killjoy!!!
    lol...umm sorry
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    you are going to be in RI from 10AM sat till 3AM sunday? if so fine acceptable, about the NFL Network, I have a special package just not sure which :P
    doing a mini vacation be back monday

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    lol...umm sorry
    Kill joy, Bad guy,
    Big talking, Small fry
    You're just an old barrow - boy
    Have you found a new toy to replace me,
    Can you face me -
    But now you can kiss my *** goodbye
    Get well soon 80.

of course the record books would be different if you put todays hofers back then. todays game has evolved. Baseball has been taught for over 100 years now.
    You can make the same statement for any sport. The players have it easier today with scouting reports, trainers, peds. Id be surprised if the babe knew what a dumbbell was. It IS indeed a race thing. That was the whole point of Toshs joke, thinking black people dominate baseball, but he was wrong.
    no, you've missed tosh's point as well

by saying black he was saying minorities, your being too literal

his point was if it wasn't the best competition, which it wasn't by a long shot, then how can u value those stats?

Kill joy, Bad guy,
    Big talking, Small fry
    You're just an old barrow - boy
    Have you found a new toy to replace me,
    Can you face me -
    But now you can kiss my *** goodbye
    uhm huh???????????

No you guys are missing a point. Tosh made a joke insinuating that black players would have dominated the league if the league was unsegregated back then. But hes wrong, they dont even dominate the sport today.

Would some records be different if aa's were allowed to play back then, sure. But this whole, lets put a asteric next to his name because no aa's played back then is beyond dumb.

No you guys are missing a point. Tosh made a joke insinuating that black players would have dominated the league if the league was unsegregated back then. But hes wrong, they dont even dominate the sport today.

Would some records be different if aa's were allowed to play back then, sure. But this whole, lets put a asteric next to his name because no aa's played back then is beyond dumb.
    no the point was that minorities weren't allowed at all, your being too literal.

Everybody else knows exactly what he was saying except you lol.

The "BLACK LEAGUES" were not just filled with black players, you do realize that right

+ Reply to Thread