+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

OK...I'm on my new Mac and it is friggin confusing.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    OK...I'm on my new Mac and it is friggin confusing.
    Yea. Macs can be very confusing to PC users. Youll get the hang of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Yea. Macs can be very confusing to PC users. Youll get the hang of it though.
    Theres not even a way to close a page. there doesn't seem to be a "favorites" list.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro
    oh yeah, you can get used to macs....but as a long time PC user you are never really going to "like" the Mac, they are inferior in most ways, although it might be good for your band, for creative things like art/music etc etc.....they seem to be a bit better, or at least that's what I'm told, personally while I know how to use both I hate Mac's with a passion....they are like PC's just worse in every way....that's my opinion.

I know your daughter got it for you though so I hope I'm wrong in your case.

"PS Safari absolutely SUCKS as a browser"

I love my Mac, and they are easy to operate after awhile. They are easy to use and they work very well.

I might never go back to PC honestly, unless it's for work obviously.

And Safari does suck as a browser - I use google chrome.

Although, Safari got better with the Mountain Lion update that should come with the new Macs

All-Pro
    I just don't understand their draw, assuming a similar price the PC will always be more powerful, the PC will generally have a better Processor, more RAM, and more storage capacity, they are also generally compatibly with more software and the ability to upgrade a PC to keep it current is something Apples/Macs just don't possess.

the only thing Mac's seem to be better at is looking prettier on a desk, which to me holds zero importance.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I just don't understand their draw, assuming a similar price the PC will always be more powerful, the PC will generally have a better Processor, more RAM, and more storage capacity, they are also generally compatibly with more software and the ability to upgrade a PC to keep it current is something Apples/Macs just don't possess.

the only thing Mac's seem to be better at is looking prettier on a desk, which to me holds zero importance.
    I felt like PCs, you needed to take better care of. The whole anti-virus downloading and bull**** just wasn't for me. I have to be honest - I liked PCs and working with them, but as time goes on, I felt like I can spend less time working on my computer with an Apple.

It's there, it's efficient, it's easy to use. It's just a weird feeling I guess

All-Pro
    I'll give you that more virus's are targeted at PC, that's true, you need to be more aware to protect yourself, but that's only because PC's are still the standard, they are used more and they contain more sensitive information...

what you are kind of saying is that you like Apples because the aren't targeted by hackers (Viruses), well that's all well and good....until Apple becomes the more popular brand....at that point it will become the target and then you'll have to download the same antivirus software you had to download for PC's.

you know what I mean?

neither Apple or PC's are harder to crack if anything PC's are actually harder because they've been dealing with virus's longer and have better antivirus software, it's just that one is used more then the other so it's targeted more often.

In the end it comes down to people protecting themselves...even if you use an Apple you should be doing the same type of protection protocol you would for a PC, you don't notice the virus's because no one is specifically going after "you" and the fishers are going after PC's cause there are more of them, but imagine you came into possession of some important information that people are after, it's likely safer or at least just as safe on a PC as it is on an Apple.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 08-20-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I'll give you that more virus's are targeted at PC, that's true, you need to be more aware to protect yourself, but that's only because PC's are still the standard, they are used more and they contain more sensitive information...

what you are kind of saying is that you like Apples because the aren't targeted by hackers (Viruses), well that's all well and good....until Apple becomes the more popular brand....at that point it will become the target and then you'll have to download the same antivirus software you had to download for PC's.

you know what I mean?

neither Apple or PC's are harder to crack (if anything PC's are actually harder) it's just that one is used more then the other so it's targeted more often.
    Exactly. I would love a PC on the side though, for gaming and stuff. Problem is, I have no patience for downloading software and ****, and the anti-virus stuff is expensive as hell right now.

I only go free, and usually my computer still ends up going slower.

All-Pro
    there are plenty of "free" cleaners, you can use CCleaner and also Avast Anti Virus.....I'll give you it is a hassle, but the other option is to pay more for less quality....simply for the convince of not being a "target"....for now.

+ Reply to Thread