+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    daven? Monday at 9pm labor day?
    Works fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    oh yeah, you can get used to macs....but as a long time PC user you are never really going to "like" the Mac, they are inferior in most ways, although it might be good for your band, for creative things like art/music etc etc.....they seem to be a bit better, or at least that's what I'm told, personally while I know how to use both I hate Mac's with a passion....they are like PC's just worse in every way....that's my opinion.

I know your daughter got it for you though so I hope I'm wrong in your case.

"PS Safari absolutely SUCKS as a browser"
    First of all I am a computer idiot. Lets get that out there right now.
    Secondly, I respect your opinion and I am in no position to learnedly disagree with you.
    HOWEVER
    My daughter is not a computer idiot. She has a masters in Computer Science from Johns Hopkins. And is literally a top and sought after expert in computer security. She tells me that Macs are far superior to PC's. She's been nagging me for years to get a Mac and finally broke down and bought me one.
    Having said that, since she is traveling and can't be reached right now, does anyone have suggestions on a web browser? Safari truly DOES suck!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    Morehead, for browsers Chrome is considered the best right now I think, I still use Firefox though, Explorer and Safari both suck.

when it comes to computer security, the thing is Morehead, Apples/Mac's aren't targeted....so if you look at it statistically yes it "looks" like they are better for security, and for a computer idiot I suppose they are, but the real reason behind that is because they aren't targeted not because they are in some way more "secure"

A good analogy would be to compare a Steel door to a Wooden door....the steel door is more secure right? that is unless you take into account that there is a tank that comes by 3 times a day and shoots off a shell towards the Steel door but the wooden door remains untouched.

In that case you would "think" the wooden door is more secure, it's not "really" it's just that it doesn't need to deal with the attacks.

oh yeah, you can get used to macs....but as a long time PC user you are never really going to "like" the Mac, they are inferior in most ways, although it might be good for your band, for creative things like art/music etc etc.....they seem to be a bit better, or at least that's what I'm told, personally while I know how to use both I hate Mac's with a passion....they are like PC's just worse in every way....that's my opinion.

I know your daughter got it for you though so I hope I'm wrong in your case.

"PS Safari absolutely SUCKS as a browser"
    safari is much better than IE

i love Mac and made the switch officially and do nothing but search the web

so far labor day monday is good for me, amanda, pappy, daven, sharick, lawl, LT, and lando

waiting on Pats, Kase, Byron, Pizz

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    so far labor day monday is good for me, amanda, pappy, daven, sharick, lawl, LT, and lando

waiting on Pats, Kase, Byron, Pizz
    thats fine with me

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    First of all I am a computer idiot. Lets get that out there right now.
    Secondly, I respect your opinion and I am in no position to learnedly disagree with you.
    HOWEVER
    My daughter is not a computer idiot. She has a masters in Computer Science from Johns Hopkins. And is literally a top and sought after expert in computer security. She tells me that Macs are far superior to PC's. She's been nagging me for years to get a Mac and finally broke down and bought me one.
    Having said that, since she is traveling and can't be reached right now, does anyone have suggestions on a web browser? Safari truly DOES suck!
    I have been using firefox seems to work good with this board has the same look and feel as MSIE....

edit...be careful to download it fro a reputable site I'll look and see where I got it

here is a link for mac's right from the developer
    http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-firefox-mac
    Last edited by byron; 08-21-2012 at 09:57 AM.

All-Pro
    Morehead, for browsers Chrome is considered the best right now I think, I still use Firefox though, Explorer and Safari both suck.

when it comes to computer security, the thing is Morehead, Apples/Mac's aren't targeted....so if you look at it statistically yes it "looks" like they are better for security, and for a computer idiot I suppose they are, but the real reason behind that is because they aren't targeted not because they are in some way more "secure"

A good analogy would be to compare a Steel door to a Wooden door....the steel door is more secure right? that is unless you take into account that there is a tank that comes by 3 times a day and shoots off a shell towards the Steel door but the wooden door remains untouched.

In that case you would "think" the wooden door is more secure, it's not "really" it's just that it doesn't need to deal with the attacks.
    yea all tire's stay up till you poke a hole in them

Bench Player

Generating Days More Enjoyable along with Exciting

Some men placed their days for an exciting position. They are going to a few neighborhood spots or even historical spots inside the location. They go close to these kind of locations while getting a great deal to be able to notice and several things to discuss. They are when an individual donít require a humorous collection to destroy the particular silence. In case there is rainwater, anyone canít go out and have a very go walking at the community park or another backyard areas conducive regarding conversing and also knowing each other better. Around the lighter aspect, you can get inside your home. Test several shopping malls. There, you will discover numerous locations to have a few java.

vicks po lil ribs....

+ Reply to Thread