+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    It's funny Morehead, that was my exact argument for Braylon Edwards in the past, I'm glad we went with Nicks instead...

Similarly I hope in this situation we go with a younger guy that hasn't proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is injury prone like hixon has, and has the potential to be better then what we know hixon is, which is at best a "competent" receiver that "used" to be the best Kick Returning option we had.
    You may have noticed that I said that it didn't mean we should keep Hixon over those guys. I was simply saying that to say difinitively that Barden or JJ are "better" than Hixon can't be based on anything we've seen on the field. We've essentially seen NOTHING from them on the field.
    I have said that I think Hixon is 50/50 right now to get cut. You have to have an influx of young players and the right combination of vets and kids on the team. There are a million factors including "judging" what someone might do on the field without real game experience.
    But its just a judgement.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Well then youre not watching. Had decent return last night. Out of all the wrs looking to be the number 3 he is constantly the fastest off the line of scrimmage. Not his fault the oline cant give carr enough time to throw.
    whoa, settle down. He had one catch in which he did anything worth of note...

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You may have noticed that I said that it didn't mean we should keep Hixon over those guys. I was simply saying that to say difinitively that Barden or JJ are "better" than Hixon can't be based on anything we've seen on the field. We've essentially seen NOTHING from them on the field.
    I have said that I think Hixon is 50/50 right now to get cut. You have to have an influx of young players and the right combination of vets and kids on the team. There are a million factors including "judging" what someone might do on the field without real game experience.
    But its just a judgement.
    no shot ..........

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    that was a money situation
    The Giants doctors told the team that SS was simply not ready to play football. Which was backed up by his performance with Philly. Obviously Hixon (since he's playing) is. To compare Hixon's situation to Smith's is silly. Completely different set of facts.
    Get well soon 80.

The Giants doctors told the team that SS was simply not ready to play football. Which was backed up by his performance with Philly. Obviously Hixon (since he's playing) is. To compare Hixon's situation to Smith's is silly. Completely different set of facts.
    well to start the season... Giants thought he would be good after being PUP'd

whoa, settle down. He had one catch in which he did anything worth of note...
    and Hixon has done what this preseason.....

no shot ..........
    At this point it seems that he's staying. You think it will be 7 WR's. I'm not sure about that. If its 7, then Hixon is definately staying. If its 6, I can't see them quitting on Douglas. I can't see them cutting Barden since he's done some things this preseason, and no way they quit on JJ.
    So yes...if its 7, Hixon stays. If its 6, I think Hixon goes. Its really about ST's. There are other guys who play differnt positions who are in the ST mix. Maybe Scott stays because of ST's. That would make it less likely to go 7 at WR.
    Lots of factors at play.
    Get well soon 80.

well to start the season... Giants thought he would be good after being PUP'd
    How do you know that? PUP gets him to week 7. They could have IR'd him at that point if he stayed a Giant. Point is that given their offer to Smith, they had far less confidence in his readiness to play. Clearly they were right.
    Smith did the right thing to sign with Philly because that might have been his last real payday. I can't blame him for that.
    Get well soon 80.

At this point it seems that he's staying. You think it will be 7 WR's. I'm not sure about that. If its 7, then Hixon is definately staying. If its 6, I can't see them quitting on Douglas. I can't see them cutting Barden since he's done some things this preseason, and no way they quit on JJ.
    So yes...if its 7, Hixon stays. If its 6, I think Hixon goes. Its really about ST's. There are other guys who play differnt positions who are in the ST mix. Maybe Scott stays because of ST's. That would make it less likely to go 7 at WR.
    Lots of factors at play.
    I see the PS squad for Douglas if they keep 6

How do you know that? PUP gets him to week 7. They could have IR'd him at that point if he stayed a Giant. Point is that given their offer to Smith, they had far less confidence in his readiness to play. Clearly they were right.
    Smith did the right thing to sign with Philly because that might have been his last real payday. I can't blame him for that.
    thats exactly waht the report was. Smith didn't want be PUP'd and thats what the Giants wanted to do

+ Reply to Thread